All Conference

Boyd Co. @ South Point 12/14

Post by wemufans »

thoughts?

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Boyd Co. @ South Point 12/14

Post by bucksfan76 »

Pointer fans wear blue and gold and you will get in for FREE so lets pack pointer gym and watch the girls pick up another win

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Anyone know Boyd's record?

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

quote="bucksfan76"]Pointer fans wear blue and gold and you will get in for FREE so lets pack pointer gym and watch the girls pick up another win[/quote]

struggling to get fans?[

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

No just trying to be nice to the fans I guess. Boyd is not an OVC game so most people will not think it is a big game. At Ashland we had more fans at the game than the home team. Last night at home against Fairland I counted 42 fans for Fairland and we had at least triple that so for a girls game I say it was pretty good. In the OVC the girls games are played the same nights as the Middle School boys and girls so that takes a lot of fans away.They are not giving away free tickets to the SP fans against Oak Hill because they will lose a lot of money. ;-)

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

lol, Oak Hill fans would show up in blue and gold over top of their black and white just to get in free

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

There will probaly be more Oak Hill fans at South Point than SP fans!

sp_pointers01
Waterboy

Post by sp_pointers01 »

Goodluck tomorrow lady pointers!

The entire community supports our girls and I think its a fun idea to have fans wearing blue and gold to get in free. With Christmas coming up so soon, it will be nice for the fans to save a few bucks.

I predict the lady pointers will walk away with a win tomorrow night by 15.

sp_pointers01
Waterboy

Post by sp_pointers01 »

Game day! Wear your blue and gold everyone! ...even though everyone does every game! :-)

Goodluck girls!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Pointers win big 66-40 something. Bradburn with 18, FLetcher and Taylow ith 16 each and Mitchell with 14. They didn't play as well as the previous games I but played well enough to win. Coach should have played more of the subs though with such a big lead.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

i feel south point played kind of sloppy in the first half, I'm not sure what Coach had to say in the locker room but it sure sparked the girls, as they flat took it too BC in the 3rd qtr and never looked back .... I agree coach should play the subs more in blowouts he didnt play em much in the Fairland game either, but I believe he's trying to find some chemistry with certain groups of girls so that they are at 100% full go for that Oak Hill, Ironton stretch. After that I would think he would start playing some of the younger girls in blow out situations to save his big guns for tournament action. Just my opinion.

Good job tonight though girls! way to come out and shut the door in the 2nd half.

sp_pointers01
Waterboy

Post by sp_pointers01 »

Good win pointers!

There was a really great crowd tonight! Teeny tiny crowd for Boyd County though. I also really enjoyed seeing the banners with the senior basketball players pictures on them hanging up in the gym...very nice! Awesome to see something like that!

The defense from the lady pointers let off a little at times...but turned it up the second half and finished strong. These girls have improved in so many areas since last year I can already tell. They are so fast and aggressive to the basketball. I don't see too many teams being able to run with these girls. Some of the plays and moves made tonight were unbelievable! Keep it up ladies...we are behind you 100%! :-)

Return to “Girls Basketball”