Logan 2015-16

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Logan 2015-16 Schedule

Post by Chieftain Fan »

I could care less who the Barlow-Bandit is but it's apparent that he like s to bash Logan. Most people from Logan respect Warrens sport team, coaches and players for their accomplishment and dedication . The same applies to the Logan sport teams. Logan teams ( made up of 14 to 17 year old kids ) have never lost their pride as barlow-bandit indicates . They spend hours like all other High School teams and their pride should not be questioned by fan or foe. Looks like the schedule for the girls and boys are very competitive .

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i like the migration north. it will better prepare them come tourney time.

AT THE RESERVATION
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

1987chieftains wrote:i like the migration north. it will better prepare them come tourney time.
Didn't that 19 point beat down at home help you last year?

Cut and Run baby!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Everybody knows Logan is trying to find competition North. Regardless of what Logan does, people down in SE Ohio are gonna complain and judge them. Everybody says Logan runs away from competition north of us. But if we go north, they it's the other way around, SE Ohio people say we are running from competition down this way. Logan people just can't win with SE Ohio, there will be judgement regardless.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

How did ironton and Logan come out quarter wise?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO LOGAN

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

artisgilmore wrote:How did ironton and Logan come out quarter wise?
Logan won the majority of the quarters but Ironton played well. I would say Logan won 3-1 and then it was 1-1 in the last two

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Any incoming freshman going to the varsity?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Athens new coach is McNeal. His daughters play for Logan. That's probably why they aren't playing
barhigh couldn't figure that out
And we won't be that good this year. Lost a lot and a new coach

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Everybody knows Logan is trying to find competition North. Regardless of what Logan does, people down in SE Ohio are gonna complain and judge them. Everybody says Logan runs away from competition north of us. But if we go north, they it's the other way around, SE Ohio people say we are running from competition down this way. Logan people just can't win with SE Ohio, there will be judgement regardless.
Logan went north, Jackson went west, Warren and Marietta went east, Gallia went south, and Athens stayed central.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan 2015-16

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The season did not start the way the Lady Chiefs had hopped. They dropped their season opener at Reynoldsburg, 60-38. A very good Reynoldsburg team at that. They continue tomorrow afternoon at Lancaster.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

On Friday, Logan defeated Lancaster 57-32, evening season record to 1-1. Next game is Saturday, 11/28 at Unioto.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good win. Good luck to the Lady Chiefs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:On Friday, Logan defeated Lancaster 57-32, evening season record to 1-1. Next game is Saturday, 11/28 at Unioto.

NICE

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

Logan might just be able to avenge themselves against Athens this year. Too bad they chose to pass for "better" competition. However, in this case, that might be true. Athens will not be the same Athens. Definitely a rebuilding year. The mistake Athens makes is putting all their eggs in one basket and only developing their starters from middle school on. That works when you have 5 strong players, on of which is a Doseck. But anything can happen and if you don't have depth,you are going to be in trouble. It is extremely early in the season to make predictions about a whole season. But if the roster is mostly made up of the JV, it may be a rough year. On the positive side, Mcneal will have no choice but to develop all his players. Only good can come from this strategy. Rebuilding is more about the future than the present. However, there are strong players that are not playing for some reason. Maybe they knew the season would be tough without Doseck. If that's the case, shame on them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens didn't look good against Warren last night

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Runnersfan wrote:Logan might just be able to avenge themselves against Athens this year. Too bad they chose to pass for "better" competition. However, in this case, that might be true. Athens will not be the same Athens. Definitely a rebuilding year. The mistake Athens makes is putting all their eggs in one basket and only developing their starters from middle school on. That works when you have 5 strong players, on of which is a Doseck. But anything can happen and if you don't have depth,you are going to be in trouble. It is extremely early in the season to make predictions about a whole season. But if the roster is mostly made up of the JV, it may be a rough year. On the positive side, Mcneal will have no choice but to develop all his players. Only good can come from this strategy. Rebuilding is more about the future than the present. However, there are strong players that are not playing for some reason. Maybe they knew the season would be tough without Doseck. If that's the case, shame on them.

McNeal told me last night that he is having to do a lot of "UN-teaching" from the previous coach in regards to fundamentals and defense, and even though some of those kids who didn't come out could help, that they had so much to learn that long term he will be better off working with the young kids. anywhere he's been he's done great things when he's had time. I know he still communicates with former players from Lousiana and Kentucky and they are very appreciative of all the things he's done for them. The kids who stay for Coach will be Champions!

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

Interesting that a successful team would need "un-teaching". I thought the trouble was loosing who ever the "4" best players were and being mostly a JV skill level team. Not to question his wisdom, but to have a good program,you really have to develop all your players, not just your favs. Without depth, you cannot have longevity in the success department. Unless you recruit.

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Runnersfan wrote:Interesting that a successful team would need "un-teaching". I thought the trouble was loosing who ever the "4" best players were and being mostly a JV skill level team. Not to question his wisdom, but to have a good program,you really have to develop all your players, not just your favs. Without depth, you cannot have longevity in the success department. Unless you recruit.

I never said anything about "4" best players leaving, all I can attest to is what Coach told me last time we caught up, which was lots of things to "UN-teach" because all they did in the past was rely on one player. Hope to make it to a few games this year and check them out myself.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Four best players not playing is mentioned in the topic TVC girls Basketball

Return to “Girls Basketball”