DIV Reg.Final: 03-12, Harvest Prep vs. Eastern (Meigs)

Bravo3
Waterboy

Re: DIV Reg.Final: 03-12, Harvest Prep vs. Eastern (Meigs)

Post by Bravo3 »

Updates?

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

49 28 end 3rd

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

66 35 end of game

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

Wow, heard it got kinda rough.

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

They not only hand pick their team, they must also hand pick the refs. Great year Lady Eagles! Hold your heads high!

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

what division is prep in is it 4

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congrats to the Lady Eagles on a great season from Waterford Wildcat Country. Keep your head up as you now know what Waterford people felt the first time we met Col Africentric and Harvest Prep. Again what a great season.

Cat Fan
Waterboy

Post by Cat Fan »

Congrats Eastern, tuff game but i'm sure you'll field a good team again next year.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Like I said too big too deep too fast too well coached. Wow dbya I think I spelled it correctly.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

What was up with the prep coach talking smack to eastern fans. Prep isn't well coached. They just have excellent players. Thank you

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

clbbig wrote:Eastern by making the regional finals you have had a great season. congratulations. now with that said thanks for coming you are in for quite a thumping. To big to fast to deep. the best girls coach in the state. prep is lacking nothing.
clbbig wrote:Like I said too big too deep too fast too well coached. Wow dbya I think I spelled it correctly.
Hey "clbbig", Ft. Recovery knocked off Africentric 56-50 today in the regional final in DIII. Africentric can still recruit the best players as they did in DIV for a few years but won't win any titles in the bigger division. Harvest Prep is in the same boat, they can recruit but (if they still have a team after the OHSAA investigation is done) they'll eventually end up in DIII because of the notoriety and the new "student athletes" that come in bunches every year now. Mark that statement down in you book, I said it here first. Heck, anyone can win in the smallest divisions in Ohio in any sport WHEN they put together a hand picked team similar to AAU teams but when you have to move up it isn't so easy, ask Africentric. :lol: As far as the best coach in the state, please, anyone could coach that team in DIV and do very well. As far as lacking nothing, well they'd better not lack answers while the OHSAA investigation is going on and by the way, the boys are being investigated also. In my original post to start this thread I predicted Prep to win but wanted Eastern to pull the upset. Anyway, I'm glad you like to beat up on small community public schools and seeing as how I live 5 minutes from Harvest Prep, I'll be around when they go down and I believe I'll have a grin on my face when it happens. Have a great day !!!!!

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

KingJames wrote:What was up with the prep coach talking smack to eastern fans. Prep isn't well coached. They just have excellent players. Thank you
I saw this.... there was a call that went Easterns way in the last minute and he was complaining the call, up 29 pts. Then the Eastern fans started yelling at him, and he responded to the fans by telling them to shut up. I did not understand his multiple time outs in the closing minutes either. I agree with King, he has a lot of talent on his team. Prep has no discipline, and let their emotions take over.

Cat Fan
Waterboy

Post by Cat Fan »

Once again this year a private school will win the DIV state championship it's to bad the small schools in this state have no chance to win a title. As for Harvest Preps coach he is classless and there fans are obnoxious. I would love to see this team play a game with the girls that started out there in elementary school. It's amazing how good this team became overnight.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Congrats to the Lady Eagles. You represented the TVC and the Eastern community well, and you have a lot to be proud of. Build on your success for next year.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

nice season lady eagles....hold your heads high.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Check this out:

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/sports ... ml?sid=102

As much that is leaking out about this investigation, there is bound to be a very negative outcome for Harvest Prep. I've read comments about the OHSAA "dropping the hammer" on them, or even giving Prep the "death penalty" (even though I think that only applies to the NCAA, LOL).

If they have broken the rules, their championships are hollow, and will become non-existent. What I don't like is that teams that follow the rules end up losing out in the end as well, and that is the worst part of this situation.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Steely Dan wrote:Check this out:

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/sports ... ml?sid=102

As much that is leaking out about this investigation, there is bound to be a very negative outcome for Harvest Prep. I've read comments about the OHSAA "dropping the hammer" on them, or even giving Prep the "death penalty" (even though I think that only applies to the NCAA, LOL).

If they have broken the rules, their championships are hollow, and will become non-existent. What I don't like is that teams that follow the rules end up losing out in the end as well, and that is the worst part of this situation.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Harvest Prep is cheating and will be found quilty of breaking the rules set forth by OHSAA.I live less than 5 minutes from the School, and know a lot of students who attend the School.It is a big joke to the kids who go there as to how they get away from being caught. I don't think it is a joke anymore. People are tired of their cheating and dishonest actions. And this from a School that is supposed to be a good Christian School of learning. Shame on the people who are in control. You have creatied a School that most of the people make fun of as being a School of Higher Cheating!!!

It would solve the problem of private Schools playing public School if they had their own playoffs. Then they could do all the illegal stuff they want because so are most of the rest of the private Schools.

It is a Hollow Victory for their Girls team to have won thre State Title, as well as the Boys team playing in the Final four. I hope they get blown out by 50, but if they do they will just get more recurits to make sure they win next year

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

IMO private or parochial schools should not be in tournament with public schools or they all should have to be part of Division I.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

boomer633 wrote:IMO private or parochial schools should not be in tournament with public schools or they all should have to be part of Division I.
I agree 100% with you on your statement...... :-D :-D

Return to “Girls Basketball”