ALL DISTRICT 13 TEAM

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ALL DISTRICT 13 TEAM

Post by Ironman92 »

Pretty good lists.

Not nearly as many players as the AP....but good work. Hard to swallow Mikie Strite not being a top 20 player in SE D3.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ironman92.....The AP lists have more players on them because the AP Southeast District encompasses both District 13 AND District 14, as well as Fairfield Union in District 11.

I thought my colleague and friend bdubya discussed this very point very well on the AP All-District thread.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Instead of continuing to bring your daughter down, I will send you a PM to explain the process to you.

MOF wrote (You are correct she was selected to represent us as a North/South player. I congratulate her on this and wish her nothing but the best as I have countless times this year.
Here is how it works, the head person ask if anyone wants to put their player up for North/South game. Nikki was selected from the group of seniors that their coach wanted to nominate. She was selected. Like I said congrats to her awesome accomplishment.

Then the coaches go and vote for first team, second team and special mention. The top vote getter gets player of the year. If that person is different from who is the North/South representative then they automatically are co-players of the year.

Again, still a great accomplishment, but why do you have to always make comments with your compliments to bring others players down. Why can't you just say, "Awesome job Nikki, Way to go. I know you worked hard for it.")

....So if I compliment my daughter, I am bringing down the other players. I would like someone to point out to me where as I have typed anything differerently than everyone else on these threads that compliment their kids and players. This BS is only because of whom the subject is about. The OH fans obviously feel Elswick didn't deserve anything over their girls.
Last edited by sportygrl on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

if anyone is wondering, that first part is from my private message that was sent to sportygrl.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

sportygrl wrote: ....So if I compliment my daughter, I am bringing down the other players. I would like someone to point out to me where as I have typed anything differerently than everyone else on these threads that compliment their kids and players. This BS is only because of whom the subject is about. The OH fans obviously feel Elswick didn't deserve anything over their girls.

:lol: you bring all of this on yourself.... and you don't even know it, that's what's sad. Have fun next year Robin.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Oakie from Muskogee wrote:
sportygrl wrote: ....So if I compliment my daughter, I am bringing down the other players. I would like someone to point out to me where as I have typed anything differerently than everyone else on these threads that compliment their kids and players. This BS is only because of whom the subject is about. The OH fans obviously feel Elswick didn't deserve anything over their girls.

:lol: you bring all of this on yourself.... and you don't even know it, that's what's sad. Have fun next year Robin.
You are so very correct on the statement about me not knowing. I do not understand your logic whatsoever. You keep wanting to bring next yr. and the past into your explanatory reasoning of why I shouldn't applaud my daughter and the rest of the girls on the polls. Well, I am from Ironton and I guess the folks down this way think differently than you fine folks out yonder. I'm sorry but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Maybe you guys should hate each other through PM

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KS78......Where do you think I obtained my info? I simply put that in there to possibly help some understand the reason Strite wasn't on any of the lists.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ironman92.....Just making sure :122249

rebel23
Waterboy

Post by rebel23 »

Congrats to the south gallia lady rebels that made the all district teams amd honorable mentions!!!
Congrats to Chandra Canaday, Tayler Duncan, and Ellie Bostic!!!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Does anybody know when this game is supposed to be played? and Who is supposed to call and let you know if you made the team? Thanks

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

The girls game is Monday, March 21 at 6p.m. at Jackson H.S. The boys game will follow. Three point and dunk contests are done between games.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Thanks SportsFan. My daughter made Team 1 but not has not been contacted by anybody about playing.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

love-vdub wrote:Thanks SportsFan. My daughter made Team 1 but not has not been contacted by anybody about playing.
Is she a senior? Only seniors are allowed to play in this game.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Yes she is a senior at South Point.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Congrats to Cheyenne Singer from Federal Hocking. She worked very hard every game for the Iron 5.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

All first and second team seniors from the district 13 coaches selections are eligible. They also allow Special Mention seniors to play if there is not enough seniors on the first two teams. I would contact your head coach to make sure. Every senior is allowed two all star games. Some kids pass on the district game if they are invited to the Ohio- Kentucky or Ohio WV games or the North-South game. If you can't find out from your coach, I would suggest to be at Jackson HS at 5:00 p.m. and bring both uniforms with you.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Rosters for tonight's game

Girls Division 1/2 (WHITE UNIFORMS)

Kayla Fletcher—South Point
Loryn Cassady—Logan
Jalynn Bradburn—South Point
Morgan Howard—Meigs
Bailey Topf—Logan
Maegan Grosel—Marietta