Peebles vs Oak Hill

Browns30
JV Team

Re: Peebles vs Oak Hill

Post by Browns30 »

Last edited by Browns30 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Browns30 wrote:FYI, Oak Hills BEST defensive player was injured when they played Fairland...

i dont know i kinda thought that title went to #10-hale

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Good luck to the Peebles girls from your Eastern friends!!!

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Last edited by Browns30 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Browns30 wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:
Browns30 wrote:FYI, Oak Hills BEST defensive player was injured when they played Fairland...

Have you even seen Caudill play? Hale may be better all around but Caudill is better defensively plus she gives Oak Hill the size and strength underneath that they lacked without her...
ya ive seen her play and it was before her acl, it was when my daughter who is also a center at the time played for stjoe(hunt) we played them at the fieldhouse.im sure she is good if she plays for coach hale but during that game she didnt do anything inside.i wasnt to impressed but #10 in that game was impressive-thats why i posted that. nothing personal against caudill im sure she a fine young lady but thats just my opinion. sorry if i upset u,that wasnt my intentions.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

ohst#1 wrote:
pigskinguru wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:lol-u dont get out much then-lol....goodluck to both teams
We forgot you were such the expert!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody check with ohst#1 before posting! Let's see if Fairland backs up their great regular season with a trip to Columbus. I am not convinced just yet, but time will tell.
never said i was an expert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but thanx:) and i really dont care what u think just as im sure no one on here cares what i think-its all about opinions-i just thought what they said was funny.
Good luck to Fairland. If they make it to the Final Four, I wish them well. I guess we will find out before long. You are right no one does care what we think... but I like to ruffle the feathers from time to time. Whoever gets to the Final Four will have earned it.... Fort Frye, Oak Hill, Fairland, Adena, etc. Not an easy path at all.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Africentric is in our regional as well.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

@pigskin-thank u.and hopefully we do, alot of good teams, and i shouldnt have let u get to me that way.my bad-lol

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

ohst#1 wrote:

I guess you didnt get the pleasure of watching Oak Hill play but one game but the best defensive players are Caidill (u didnt face her that time) and the Butler kid. They are all over the court and have a lot of steals that turn in to fast breaks and mosre often than not points!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Who cares, they are all tremendous.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

ohst#1 - Was just curious. Do you have a basketball background (other than watching your daughter play)?

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

:122246 *Upset Alert* :122246

Game will come down to Peeble's guards vs Oak Hill's defensive pressure. If the lady indians can control the ball, they should give themselves the chance to pull away with the upset. If they cannot handle the pressure, Oak Hill will win EASILY.

Should be a good game to watch.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

ya ive seen her play and it was before her acl, it was when my daughter who is also a center at the time played for stjoe(hunt) we played them at the fieldhouse.im sure she is good if she plays for coach hale but during that game she didnt do anything inside.i wasnt to impressed but #10 in that game was impressive-thats why i posted that. nothing personal against caudill im sure she a fine young lady but thats just my opinion. sorry if i upset u,that wasnt my intentions.[/quote][/quote]

Wasn't able to make the Fairland / Oak Hill game but had a chance to see some of it on the Oak Hill cable channel. After reading how many points were scored in that game by Fairland's center, was really excited to see her play. To quote you in the St. Joe game, I was not impressed. Was expecting to see a ballplayer with some really good ball control, dribbling and shooting skills, and excellent "court vision" but was disappointed. I do not call standing 2 feet from the basket and lobbing the ball over your head shooting skills. Maybe if I had seen the game in person my opinion would be different.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Go lady oaks. I not seen peebles play; but the way doug presses it will give peebles problems.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

All full court presses can be broken.I dont know what kind Oak Hill runs but if Peebles can take their time and get in half court sets,then our big girl will be hard to handle.In closing,4 out of 5 of our starters can drill the 3 ball at any time!Go Indians!

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Oak hills pressure looks like an AAU style fast and hectic and the Peebles girls play AAU also. So as long as they handle it with confidence and don't panic the game will be close, still think Oaks win this one

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

ohst#1 wrote:@pigskin-thank u.and hopefully we do, alot of good teams, and i shouldnt have let u get to me that way.my bad-lol
No apologies needed... I like passionate fans and parents who support their kids. Hope one of the local teams can get back to the Schott and represent the area well again!!!!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

EXPO wrote:ohst#1 - Was just curious. Do you have a basketball background (other than watching your daughter play)?
yes i do- ive watched it and been apart of it for a very long time-thanx for asking-whats yours? lol really i dont care :)

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

EXPO wrote:ya ive seen her play and it was before her acl, it was when my daughter who is also a center at the time played for stjoe(hunt) we played them at the fieldhouse.im sure she is good if she plays for coach hale but during that game she didnt do anything inside.i wasnt to impressed but #10 in that game was impressive-thats why i posted that. nothing personal against caudill im sure she a fine young lady but thats just my opinion. sorry if i upset u,that wasnt my intentions.
[/quote]

Wasn't able to make the Fairland / Oak Hill game but had a chance to see some of it on the Oak Hill cable channel. After reading how many points were scored in that game by Fairland's center, was really excited to see her play. To quote you in the St. Joe game, I was not impressed. Was expecting to see a ballplayer with some really good ball control, dribbling and shooting skills, and excellent "court vision" but was disappointed. I do not call standing 2 feet from the basket and lobbing the ball over your head shooting skills. Maybe if I had seen the game in person my opinion would be different.[/quote]

lol ya if u would have been at a game where she wasnt guarded by 2-3 players ya u would have seen sum moves,but my daughter is smarter than that in that situation where its simpler to keep it high and score-thats all that needed to b done in that game.but evidently u didnt see the whole game cause u would see shes an excellent foul shooter-didnt miss any.but your right shes not impressive at all thats why last sunday she was at ohio state making an "unofficial visit" and feb.26th she making an "unofficial visit" to purdue, and syracuse will be at fairland to watch a prac. so i guess i should be worried about how terrible shes getting-thanx for the heads up.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Wow. A lot of BS going on. I thought this was Peebles vs Oak Hill forum. All the teams still playing are good or they wouldn't still be playing. Can't we agree to support each other's teams as adult's. What is in the past is history. What all these girls are playing for the future. So to argue over what could have, should have happened in past games, we will never know. If some want to say they know what would have happened, well it isn't worth getting all upset over. Good luck to all the girls, to some it will be there last game. Don't make it harder on them to have to listen to adults who aren't the ones playing and do not have a clue what is going on. We aren't the ones who have put in the sweat and sometimes pain they have endured to play this game they love. No matter who wins or who loses, every girl on all the teams in Southeastern Ohio are deserve our respect and not any of some of the comments being made. It is time for all of us to some some class and represent you School with some class. They are all winners and good luck to them all.

Return to “Girls Basketball”