Peebles vs Oak Hill

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Peebles vs Oak Hill

Post by MightyOaksFan »

he is scrambling, first he starts out with all of the main players are recruits and not he is to the last 10 years have been filled with recruits.

My question every time this arises is: What grade level is a kid allowed to move into the district for them not to b e considered a recruit?

Recruit isn't even the word I should use. What is your definition of the word recruit?

bubba_smurf
Waterboy

Post by bubba_smurf »

Sounds like someone (phsfan) is a lil upset that their school/coach has very little to no recruiting skills. Not our problem that we have a more talented team and have a program that MAKES kids want to come here to play. Kids love to win championships and thats what we at Oak Hill offer them. If we didnt have such a successful program then your school would probably be getting the recruits instead. It is what it is. :122249

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

Good game last night for the Lady Oaks. Recruiting can be a figment of one's imagination. I dont know why they choose Oak Hill but glad they did. And that is coming from an outsider looking in. I also talked to some OH fans last night and they sure are passionate about their kids. I also asked what kid of kids they were academically and was pleasantly surprised to find out many of them are at or near the top of their classes. IMPRESSIVE!!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Oak HIll: You do not have to defend your team, coach, fans period. This crap comes up way to much about who comes to play etc. I know it is hard to ignore some of these people who get on here and cry about Oak HIll. No response might shut them up.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

This year..last 10 yrs all the same....players playing on the team who were originally from somewhere else....its okay though...I'll admit you guys recruit better than anyone in the state

playing2win
Waterboy

Post by playing2win »

Historically, public schools are not exceptionally good year in and year out over long periods of time. There is usually a "great class" of athletes once in several years and then there are some "lean" years. It seems to go in cycles. In Ohio, a child must "open" enroll from a neighboring county before the 9th grade to be eligible to compete without sitting out a year without moving into the district. Once in high school, if a student open enrolls, they must sit out a year of athletics. However, if a parent moves into the district, there is no waiting period. When a PUBLIC school continually makes long tournament runs over several years, many people feel that there is "recruiting" or whatever name you want to give it taking place. PRIVATE schools do not have these same rules. Until OHSAA levels the playing field between public and private schools, such as separate tournaments, I'm rooting for ANY public school that can get to the state tournament and WIN!

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

Funk, let it go. This idiot knows nothing and someone who knows nothing can't be convinced they know nothing.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

Thought both teams played well... But Oak Hill prevailed with too much talent and experience...

Great Job Lakin... not a big points game, but you make a huge difference to this ballclub with everything else you do!

and PHS fan... you deserve no reply, but your posts are comical. i don't know but I sense some sort of jealousy.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

As a fan of the SHL and of good basketball in general (which makes me an Oak Hill fan too) I can say I enjoy both teams. That being said, I can see why girls would wanna play for OH, even the ones from the Jackson/Vinton Co. area. They're a proven winner, have a great fan following and coach so it's natural that's where your players would be drawn to. Do I see where the detractors are coming from? Sure. I'm sure you could make a valid argument against parents from out of district renting a place in the OH school district and staying w/girls to allow them to play may be deemed as unjust, but if it's within the rules then all you can do is complain about it and move on. I'm not one that's going to complain because, as I've said, it's not recruiting if they come to you by choice. It' may be against the "old-school" theory of winning w/your own all the way from biddy leagues up through h.s. but I seriously doubt Hale and his crew are out actively begging for talent.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

hoopin wrote:As a fan of the SHL and of good basketball in general (which makes me an Oak Hill fan too) I can say I enjoy both teams. That being said, I can see why girls would wanna play for OH, even the ones from the Jackson/Vinton Co. area. They're a proven winner, have a great fan following and coach so it's natural that's where your players would be drawn to. Do I see where the detractors are coming from? Sure. I'm sure you could make a valid argument against parents from out of district renting a place in the OH school district and staying w/girls to allow them to play may be deemed as unjust, but if it's within the rules then all you can do is complain about it and move on. I'm not one that's going to complain because, as I've said, it's not recruiting if they come to you by choice. It' may be against the "old-school" theory of winning w/your own all the way from biddy leagues up through h.s. but I seriously doubt Hale and his crew are out actively begging for talent.
Great post

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
hoopin wrote:As a fan of the SHL and of good basketball in general (which makes me an Oak Hill fan too) I can say I enjoy both teams. That being said, I can see why girls would wanna play for OH, even the ones from the Jackson/Vinton Co. area. They're a proven winner, have a great fan following and coach so it's natural that's where your players would be drawn to. Do I see where the detractors are coming from? Sure. I'm sure you could make a valid argument against parents from out of district renting a place in the OH school district and staying w/girls to allow them to play may be deemed as unjust, but if it's within the rules then all you can do is complain about it and move on. I'm not one that's going to complain because, as I've said, it's not recruiting if they come to you by choice. It' may be against the "old-school" theory of winning w/your own all the way from biddy leagues up through h.s. but I seriously doubt Hale and his crew are out actively begging for talent.
Great post
Thank you, just my 2 pennies.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Hoopin, that's probably the best post I've read on here in a long time. You got it right & you're right on the money, just wish others would !!! There's lots of houses for sale around Oak Hill maybe someone might move in town that wants to play ball !
Everyone welcome !!!

LadyDragon81
Waterboy

Post by LadyDragon81 »

If one has a child who wants to be her best and that means moving her to a school that has a great program--and fan support, be it oak hill or any other school, a parent has every right to want that for their child. I would bet that if a good player moves into the Peebles school district they wouldnt be chased away. Put on your big girl panties Peebles you lost--work hard and come back! :razz:

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Subtitle in the Telegram said Oak Hill defeated Fairfield Union in the district semis.

Bevo40
Waterboy

Post by Bevo40 »

Bottom line is Oak Hill was the better team. I look forward to seeing them again next year.

As a side note my daughter did not start at Peebles until 6th grade. We moved there to be on a more competitive team. This happens everywhere as the best players want to play with and against the best.

Oak Hill was better coached and had more talent.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

PHSfan14 wrote:Whenever Oak Hill gets recognized at the Sectional/District/Regional and State level there should be a * beside their name. Kind of like Barry Bonds breaking all the records. Oak Hill did it but had to cheat to get there. Recruit baby Recruit.
Some people are really sore losers. Let it go for basketball's sake.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

PHSfan14 wrote:Whenever Oak Hill gets recognized at the Sectional/District/Regional and State level there should be a * beside their name. Kind of like Barry Bonds breaking all the records. Oak Hill did it but had to cheat to get there. Recruit baby Recruit.
Seriously, get mommy to get your binky out, powder your crack, and change your diaper. Youre gonna get chaffed.

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

People need to let it go. I understand that it is frustrating, especially when Coach Hale was the AAU coach of the Caudill girl, but there wasnt anything that they did that was not allowed by the great ohsaa. By the way, that Caudill girl is an outstanding player. I can understand why she wanted to go to Oak Hill, but you also have to understand she makes a big difference. I say worry about your own coach and your own girls.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Be careful you dont short your keyboard out with the tears that are streaming down those little cheeks of yours. I must say thank you though. you cant begin to fathom how many people you are entertaining with your sniffling. Please dont let up. We're stuck in a boring 2 day meeting and this is all we have to rely on to get us though it. But yes, I support my girls though hale and high water.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

this thread needs locked to keep trolls like phs out.

Return to “Girls Basketball”