Oak Hill vs. Adena

MightyOaksFan
SE

Oak Hill vs. Adena

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill(20-3) vs. Adena(21-1) in the district finals next Saturday at Noon at Waverly's Downtown Arena. With over a week to talk about it I am sure their will be tons of good opinions to read and a lot of bad ones to scan through.

Looks to be a dandy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Oak Hill vs. Adena

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill by 14

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Will never forget the 2010 District Final between these two teams.

I have seen Oak Hill play many times during the last four years, and that was the absolute best I have ever seen them. Couldnt miss a shot. Adena was no slouch either, as they had knocked off a very good Unioto team a few games prior.

I believe the final score was 82-33?

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

Hopefully, It will be quite a bit closer this time!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Will never forget the 2010 District Final between these two teams.

I have seen Oak Hill play many times during the last four years, and that was the absolute best I have ever seen them. Couldnt miss a shot. Adena was no slouch either, as they had knocked off a very good Unioto team a few games prior.

I believe the final score was 82-33?
Best performance I have witnessed. Too bad we could not have saved a few of those shots for the week later. :)

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

Did anybody find it "awkward" that the Oak Hill fans took up much of the lower section (middle) during the Adena game last night. Then the announcer asked the Adena fans to in the name of good sportsmanship move to the upper section for the Oak Hill game. Not real classy of the Oaks fans if you ask me! Also, does anyone remember Adena beating Oak Hill in '94 districts on their way to a State Championship! I believe this was on the same floor they will be playing on this year.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

My prediction is adena 21 game winning streak ends next saturday. Go lady Oaks.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

too early.... I think it'll be close... how bout that? oh yeah, with Oak Hill winning...

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

I will be conservative and say Lady Oaks by 15. However if the 3's are falling and the press defense does it's usual job, it could be a lot worse. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

dream_crusher80 wrote:I will be conservative and say Lady Oaks by 15. However if the 3's are falling and the press defense does it's usual job, it could be a lot worse. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries.

As much as I would love to share your thoughts of a 15 point win for the Lady Oaks, I think that Adena poses matchup problems for Oak Hill. I think Oak Hill eeks(word?) out a 4 point win.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

bulldawg22 wrote:Did anybody find it "awkward" that the Oak Hill fans took up much of the lower section (middle) during the Adena game last night. Then the announcer asked the Adena fans to in the name of good sportsmanship move to the upper section for the Oak Hill game. Not real classy of the Oaks fans if you ask me! Also, does anyone remember Adena beating Oak Hill in '94 districts on their way to a State Championship! I believe this was on the same floor they will be playing on this year.
Not surprised.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I was one that sat on the bottom section with the Adena fans. I waited until about 5 minutes before the game when it was clear that they were not going to fill their section and sat down near the "student section" where there were no students. If fans aren't going to fill up the bottom section then why is it a problem? I would have been fine if Adena fans joined us on the bottom section if we weren't going to fill it up.

People trying to make something out of nothing. I had really nice conversations with the Adena folks that I sat around.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I've seen much more selfish, calloused fans than this. Just go to the Convo for the all day tournament affair any year and watch. It is the same fans, year after year, being incredibly inconsiderate, plopping their big fat arses down in the lowest section of the bowl, and never move, for 10 hours. I've never, ever said anything about this, but the complaints on this thread force me to. Some folks are simply amazingly unaware of what dolts they are, period.

I will put it in simple terms. It is NOT your God given right to walk into a gym and declare that one spot is your spot the entire day, when other teams and their fans are there to support and watch their teams play one game. There is one guy in an orange t-shirt that I just may have to go move him myself this year, if he decides to take up three seats in the front row all to himself all day, like he does every year. Oh, and believe me, I can move him. Right Hawkeye? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Who cares? Back on topic...Lady Oaks by 20!

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVC Sports Talk had Zane Trace head coach Joe Dunkle on the show this week to talk about Adena as well as the Adena/Oak Hill match-up. Here is a link to the show...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk022712

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

Mightyoakfan

I arrived at the game 2 minutes before tipoff with my family of six. Nowhere to sit in the lower sections. Middle full of Oakies. Really? Show some class and get up in the balcony where you belong during the other game. The mad rush of Oakies after the Adena game asking adena fans if they were leaving was comical. If i didn't have my family with me i would have laid down and took up as much room as i could for the oak hill game. very classy team with hilljack fans! I hope our girls kick your tails!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

That is fine that you feel that way. Many years ago, Oak Hill fans had the same problems, which is why they arrive several hours before games now and stake their claims to their seats, but I will let them defend themselves.

My defense is that there were plenty of seats, and you obviously did not search to hard because all the way until the second half the first section and the last sections were not full.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Don't waste your time MOF, some people like to toot their horn. I agree with you there were seats to be had but no they wanted THAT SEAT !!!
GO OAKS !!!!

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

Just like many Oakies wanted MY SEAT! after the Adena game. I hope this game turns out to be a repeat of 1994 game and not 2010 game.!! Go Blue!!!

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Either you're blind or full of it. There were lots of empty seats on that lower section for the adena game. But hey, whatever makes ya feel good. I saw a few of the adena people stayed and sat in our section. Thats fine. All those rude Oak Hill fans never said a word either. But we're the rude ones. I wont say all adena fans are rude and ignorant. I dont lump people together. Most of the Oak Hill fans I saw in the lower section were our Older fans who really couldnt make it up the steps. But if you wanna run your mouth about that then youre below classless. Again, its easy to say things behind a screen name. Did you actually say anything to the Oak Hill fans, maybe ask if they minded to move possibly, or did you wait until you got home on your computer to do it? Just curious.

Return to “Girls Basketball”