Top teams in 2018

Post Reply
bearcat74
Waterboy
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Top teams in 2018

Post by bearcat74 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Who do you got ??



Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5222
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Waterford and then everyone else

mglight88
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1444
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by mglight88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Minford crushed Waterford (64-37) last season and return experience.

wobycat
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by wobycat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Minford is the top team.

KRS
Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by KRS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Miami Trace is defnately one of the best teams I had the chance to watch this summer. Coming off a state trip In d-2 last season, Should be solid again this year.

sinjinian
Freshman Backup
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 am

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by sinjinian » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

Miami Trace, Minford and Waterford are all different divisions and they are all at the top of their respective divisions. Waterford wasn't mind blowing last year but very few d4 teams could/can handle their defensive pressure.

thebarlowbandit
Varsity Bench
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by thebarlowbandit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 pm

sinjinian wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am
Miami Trace, Minford and Waterford are all different divisions and they are all at the top of their respective divisions. Waterford wasn't mind blowing last year but very few d4 teams could/can handle their defensive pressure.
Coach Close gets it done even with a down cycle of talent.

Spartan96
Waterboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by Spartan96 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 pm

"Coach Close gets it done even with a down cycle of talent??"
You saying Ball/Kearn and excellent role players is a down cycle of talent lol. You guys have been spoiled for yrs of 5/6 studs!
Minford might have crushed H2Oford last yr late regular season but Minford got put out in tourney by a team that only beat Waterford by 1 on a last second 3. Minford has one of the best guards in the district in Daniels and a 6'2 post with soft touch so the will be tough.
Fairland has to be the favorites returning everything. But this yr I believe a team from the east will represent the region in D3 with Hiland jumping!!

SEFan
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by SEFan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:10 am

Doesn't Warren return everybody?

SCOH
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by SCOH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am

JMO on these teams from what I know is coming back and seeing some of the players and teams over the summer. From what I have heard the D3 Sectionals is down to 2 Sectional? If that is true that will really change the landscape as far as teams making to District Semi's and beyond. Berlin Hiland is a game changer, but hey thats why they play the games. Fairfield and Eastern Pike moving from D4 to D3 hurts them, Lucasville Valley I heard moved to D4? Could help their tourny run. We also always have those teams that step and make great runs, sure I may have overlooked soemone, but we willsee. These are no in order so dont read this as a ranking..lol

D2 Miami Trace returns the Bulk of the Final Four team and the freshmen Macdonald is more experienced
Unioto's Guard Play will be tremendous, Coleman, Stulley and Cottrill is a deadly combo, then Fisher is a do it all kid that winning teams need
Warren, Logan and Chilicothe could be there also.

D3 Fairland, Minford, Eastern Brown, North Adams, SE Ross, Ironton and Coal Grove may make some noise with Alexis Hall coming back. Wheelersburg also Nelsonville York
Fairland returns everyone and bench got more experienced and just plays well together
Minford, Daniels makes it all go, but they will miss Grasso, if Blankenship plays tough in the middle and controls the paint that will be key,
Puckett and Risner will be key in any run they make. But Daniels is the motor and the driver
Eastern Brown, yes they lost a key player, but return 2 6'1" kids and we all forget they other starters and bench players came up big in the last
3 tourny games leading up to Final Four, also their Freshmen Pickerill got more experienced.
North Adams returns the core of their District Runner Up team, if you remember, some breaks in that District Championship game and North
Adams would have made the Sweet 16
SE Ross with Ella Skeens on the floor cant count them out, you got to stop her most definitely, it will depend on the play of several kids other
than Skeens on what they do and how far they go. Hice could be a factor along with the guard play
Ironton, lost in a District Semi classic last year. they lost seniors, but still have Arden, Wise on that team.
Coal Grove, with the addition of Alexis Hall that team is one to watch, her and Compliment give them 2 consistent scorers who can put up
numbers.
Wheelersburg, they always seem to play well and you can not count them out, they willl be small but they always defend well. Kallner and Ruby
gives guards fits with their defense. Interior defense will be the issue with them.
Nelsonville York returns Jesse Addis, wathced this young lady several times this summer, can lead a team on a nice run

D4 Waterford, Ports ND, Eastern Meigs, South Webster,
Waterford will the team to beat for sure in D4 in our area, Ball and Kerns are an extremely tough combo and they defend
Ports ND, lost Schaefer, but believe Lexi Smith comes up big, relentless kid, add 6'4" K Dettwiller (I have stood next to her and she is taller than
me, lol) a shot blocker and rebounder who got better finishing around the rim this summer, solid guard play and the addition of Hassell will make
up for loss of Schaeffer's scoring.
Eastern Meigs, lost a good player to graduation and a player to transfer, but still has 6'2 Collins in the middle along with Parker at guard will just
continue to be a tough out.
South Webster returns Ellie Johnson for her senior year, the MSU commit has worked hard over the summer and along with Madison Cook could
be a really tough combo this year.

In the end it will come down to what Team Gels the best, who will defend the best, and who peaks just right.

h989
Bench
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by h989 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Alexander loses Richardson--Mace but returns starters from Sweet 16 teams.
Including Rachel Richardson who may be the best scorer in SEO. Rice also an all district kid. And a good freshman class coming in.
Team looked deep at Jackson summer-league.

stacey7722
Bench
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 pm
Location: Mason Ohio

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by stacey7722 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm

There are a lot of talented teams mentioned and rightfully so, surprised that a team has 52 wins in the last two years has not been mentioned. Don't sleep on the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs, they lost a lot of athleticism to graduation but return some very good players that are used to winning. This Lynchburg team is very well coached and will be returning their leading scorer. The Mustangs athletic director did not do them any favors with their non league schedule playing Alexander, Washington Courthouse, South Eastern Ross, Miami Trace, Greenfield McClain and Goshen but this has also been know to make teams battle tough. This team will be a definite underdog in more than 75% of their games but still could find continued success, they know how to win and have a legit candidate for POY running the show.

SEFan
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by SEFan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 am

h989 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm
Alexander loses Richardson--Mace but returns starters from Sweet 16 teams.
Including Rachel Richardson who may be the best scorer in SEO. Rice also an all district kid. And a good freshman class coming in.
Team looked deep at Jackson summer-league.
Green from Jackson and Sammons from Logan will compete for to SEO scorer I would guess!

SCOH
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by SCOH » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:19 pm

stacey
stacey7722 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm
There are a lot of talented teams mentioned and rightfully so, surprised that a team has 52 wins in the last two years has not been mentioned. Don't sleep on the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs, they lost a lot of athleticism to graduation but return some very good players that are used to winning. This Lynchburg team is very well coached and will be returning their leading scorer. The Mustangs athletic director did not do them any favors with their non league schedule playing Alexander, Washington Courthouse, South Eastern Ross, Miami Trace, Greenfield McClain and Goshen but this has also been know to make teams battle tough. This team will be a definite underdog in more than 75% of their games but still could find continued success, they know how to win and have a legit candidate for POY running the show.
We know about Peyton Scott and she will be a tough guard, but a big part of those 52 wins are gone, losing Little in 2016 and now Binkleys and Waits will is a big thing. Waits did a lot of unrecognized work, Binkleys were scorers you had to respect all the time. Fittro got better over the summer, but you still have a lot to replace, North Adams in the SHAC is returning almost whole starting lineup, and some influx of younger talent. Eastern Brown still has Farriis in the middle, their guard play gained a lot of confidence and experience during the tourney run, and Pennington still is there with her versatility. Peebles has had a year under Justice and the freshmen Justice can shoot the ball and play. A big addition to them. Fairfield may also be a surprise in the league, don't put too much stock in June play. That's 6-7 tough games in conference and then add the out of conference schedule. Lynchburg gets to double figures in win, but what number above 12 wins will be on how well Fittro and Scott do night in and night out. Agree or Disagree its just my opinion, then in the Sectionals it wont be the same with only 2 sectionals in our District, so that sectional at Valley could be a really rough one.

SCOH
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Top teams in 2018

Post by SCOH » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 pm

SEFan wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 am
h989 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm
Alexander loses Richardson--Mace but returns starters from Sweet 16 teams.
Including Rachel Richardson who may be the best scorer in SEO. Rice also an all district kid. And a good freshman class coming in.
Team looked deep at Jackson summer-league.
Green from Jackson and Sammons from Logan will compete for to SEO scorer I would guess!
Scorers to watch and will battle for scoring leaders, Peyton Scott, Lynchburg, E Skeens, SE Ross, J Addis, Nelsonville York, R Richardson, Alexander,
E Johnson, S Webster, A Hall Coal Grove, H Haithcock Washington CH, B Collins Huntington Ross, E Daniels Minford, H Sammons Logan, A Hassell Ports ND, G Shope Fairfield, J Warnock Ports Clay, just some names to watch, sure they are others.

SCHO will be once again posting Scoring, Rebound, Assits and Steals leader in the South Central Eastern Ohio area with help from coaches, sites and paper.

Post Reply