Adena girls have to forfeit sectional

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: Adena girls have to forfeit sectional

Post by bsee12345 »

There were other SVC schools that played New Hope Christian. None of the others schools considered their games as scrimmages. It appears that since New Hope Christian is not a OHSAA member that Adena thought the game would not count as a regular season game. If this was their thinking they were wrong. Should have checked it out if they were not sure. Also I agree who has a "scrimmage" 18 or 19 games into the season. It appears now that Adena is trying to CTA for a mistake they made.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

bsee12345 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm There were other SVC schools that played New Hope Christian. None of the others schools considered their games as scrimmages. It appears that since New Hope Christian is not a OHSAA member that Adena thought the game would not count as a regular season game. If this was their thinking they were wrong. Should have checked it out if they were not sure. Also I agree who has a "scrimmage" 18 or 19 games into the season. It appears now that Adena is trying to CTA for a mistake they made.
Exactly :o

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:05 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm There were other SVC schools that played New Hope Christian. None of the others schools considered their games as scrimmages. It appears that since New Hope Christian is not a OHSAA member that Adena thought the game would not count as a regular season game. If this was their thinking they were wrong. Should have checked it out if they were not sure. Also I agree who has a "scrimmage" 18 or 19 games into the season. It appears now that Adena is trying to CTA for a mistake they made.
I bet these other schools won't be playing them anymore.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:56 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 pm I'm being told Adnea school systems are lawyering up. They were under the impression New Hope was a scrimmage and the staff was not aware of the admission fee for the game. Will the OHSAA right a wrong ?
That would be interesting considering that Adena never even filed an appeal. You’d think before you lawyered up you would follow due process. Just a thought.
Yep

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:56 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 pm I'm being told Adnea school systems are lawyering up. They were under the impression New Hope was a scrimmage and the staff was not aware of the admission fee for the game. Will the OHSAA right a wrong ?
That would be interesting considering that Adena never even filed an appeal. You’d think before you lawyered up you would follow due process. Just a thought.
You are correct. My info game from an upset parent. Schools not saying anything about it

chopper77
Waterboy

Post by chopper77 »

Did you not notice that the game is listed as a scrimmage on Arbiterlive?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

KRS wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 pm
There’s no point in playing NHCA unless you need a date filled. That’s the only thing they’re consistently good for: being available.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Why would schools drop New Hope? Dozens of OHSAA member schools have played New Hope over the last several years and none have had this problem, because they knew how to count to 22. This is an Adena problem and Adena trying to scapegoat New Hope is ridiculous.

As for the forfeiture, I disagree with it. Fine Adena or allow them to only play 21 regular-season games next year. Taking away its tournament is ridiculous.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Learn to follow the rules, plain and simple!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 pm

There’s no point in playing NHCA unless you need a date filled. That’s the only thing they’re consistently good for: being available.
I am not blaming anyone and I guess really don't care. Mistakes happen, someone should have caught it before it got this far. It is a shame for the players. I just never understood why we played a team not affiliated with the OHSAA the last few years on the boys side and look for teams to use something like this as an excuse to stop playing them.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

KRS wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 pm

I am not blaming anyone and I guess really don't care. Mistakes happen, someone should have caught it before it got this far. It is a shame for the players. I just never understood why we played a team not affiliated with the OHSAA the last few years on the boys side and look for teams to use something like this as an excuse to stop playing them.
I agree! I hate it for the players. Someone should be punished but it darn sure shouldn’t be the players.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Basically don’t try anything out of the ordinary or Ohsaa will bring down the hammer

Coach_Mac
Waterboy

Post by Coach_Mac »

If this is pursued further the truth will come out. Arbiterlive can be edited, as it was on Feb 9, at 4:35pm.
Everyone makes mistakes. Its just too bad the kids are the ones suffering.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Curious as to if this was Harvest Prep or Africentric, would people believe the penalty is too stiff.

Tigerfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan »

OHSAA Should allow the girls to play, but suspend coach and athletic director from attending any/all games.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 am Curious as to if this was Harvest Prep or Africentric, would people believe the penalty is too stiff.
There would be a celebration instead. Hypocrisy at its finest

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigerfan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 am OHSAA Should allow the girls to play, but suspend coach and athletic director from attending any/all games.
It’s very very sad and harsh from the OHSAA to penalize the girls for adults incompetence. No way this ever should have happened. You don’t “scrimmage” in the middle of the season and when they charged people to get in you should have done something about it - BIG RED FLAG. Why were stats sent in? You don’t send in stats for scrimmage games.
Someone screwed up and they know they screwed up - DONT PUNISH THE GIRLS......

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

@smurray

Just to clarify.

Scrimmages may be used ANYTIME throughout the season, including tournament

Post by smurray »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:09 pm @smurray

Just to clarify.

I understand the rule, I wasn't talking about that. I was saying there was no reason for a scrimmage. If it wasn’t on the original schedule why was it added? If it was on the original schedule you have bigger problem.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:09 pm @smurray

Just to clarify.

I understand the rule, I wasn't talking about that. I was saying there was no reason for a scrimmage. If it wasn’t on the original schedule why was it added? If it was on the original schedule you have bigger problem.
They had an 8 day gap between games, which would be a reason to schedule a scrimmage. Doesn't really matter, Adena AD screwed up, but the crime doesn't fit the punishment.

Return to “Girls Basketball”