South Gallia @ Eastern 12/12

Super trooper
All State

South Gallia @ Eastern 12/12

Post by Super trooper »

South Gallia will finish 3rd in the league this year. They just dont have what it takes to beat Eastern

Sggrad06
Varsity

Re: South Gallia @ Eastern 12/12

Post by Sggrad06 »

It will be a tough game for south gallia but if they limit turnovers they have a chance

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK !!! But have a question on bench play???

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

What?

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Eastern has lots of talent. But with their state semi run in volleyball and some key injuries this game will be closer than some may think!!! But as long as Burdette is ok Eastern should win a close one!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'm not sure if Swatzel is back tonight or not. She is a big loss for eastern when she can't go

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern 81
S Gallia 36

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Not the same SG team that I watched play Gallia Academy!!! SG LACK of a PG, depth and conditioning killed them against Easterns press!! Idk what ever happened to sportsmanship... Eastern still launching 3 pointers the entire game instead of running the clock...they reminded me of another TVC school!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

All we heard was how good you guys were. We had bench players in against your starters.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

U never heard that from me...SG is decent against teams not named Eastern or Waterford!!! Eastern easily the better team!!! Your last comment tho was a little off!!! Thanks Jerry Close...didn't realize u were at the game!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Haha at least you stick up for your team. Feisty one though

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Its not like Eastern was pressing. South Gallia was in a zone. Eastern was running there zone plays and it just so happened they were wide open every time. The difference between Waterford and Eastern is that Waterford presses the entire time and runs the score up on purpose. You are obviously a mother who knows little about the game. When a team runs a zone, the shots you usually get are 3 pointers so I dont fault Eastern for shooting them. Come out of the zone and we'll shoot layups. Next time would you rather us press the entire time and score 100? No. If South Gallia wants the respect they are asking for they gotta step it up a little bit.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Well I'm not a mother and btw probably forgot more about basketball than most people!!! Just aggravated with the way SG played!!! I have nothing but respect for coach Burdette and Dave Weber before him... Nothing but class from either!!! That's why I was a little surprised at East ern continuing to shoot 3s!!! Instead of passing around the ball and letting the clock run!!! Good Luck the rest of the season ..except on the trip to mercerville!!! Sorry about the Jerry Close comment!!! It's kinda like cussing somebody!!! If you're around the game enough every game has winners and losers but nobody likes to get embarrassed!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I dont like Waterford or coach close either. Just sticking up for eastern.

playing2win
Waterboy

Post by playing2win »

Super Trooper wrote:Its not like Eastern was pressing. South Gallia was in a zone. Eastern was running there zone plays and it just so happened they were wide open every time. The difference between Waterford and Eastern is that Waterford presses the entire time and runs the score up on purpose. You are obviously a mother who knows little about the game. When a team runs a zone, the shots you usually get are 3 pointers so I dont fault Eastern for shooting them. Come out of the zone and we'll shoot layups. Next time would you rather us press the entire time and score 100? No. If South Gallia wants the respect they are asking for they gotta step it up a little bit.
Maybe you all should ask the "mother" from Tennessee, Coach Pat Summitt, if she knows anything about basketball!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I understand sticking up for your school!!! Cheer for Eastern...they're obviously very good. And as much as I dislike Jerry Close... Waterford is very good also!!! But I have an interesting question... How is my Ol pal Howie Caldwell viewed at Eastern??? He left the boys program for "greener" pastures at Fed Hock but then takes Easterns volleyball team to the state semis... Just wondering how he's viewed up there... I know that people want to hate him but they're in kinda a dilemma!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ol' Blue wrote:I understand sticking up for your school!!! Cheer for Eastern...they're obviously very good. And as much as I dislike Jerry Close... Waterford is very good also!!! But I have an interesting question... How is my Ol pal Howie Caldwell viewed at Eastern??? He left the boys program for "greener" pastures at Fed Hock but then takes Easterns volleyball team to the state semis... Just wondering how he's viewed up there... I know that people want to hate him but they're in kinda a dilemma!!!
I don't think the grass is greener over in Stewart Ol Blue ... In fact, have you ever seen the hillside that surrounds the facility? Pure cow pasture ... :mrgreen:

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Yea... I thought that it was an odd move myself but haven't talked to Coach Caldwell in a while!!! Yes I'm aware of the surroundings at FH but when you get bored at a South Gallia game..you can look up on the hill behind you and watch the sheep graze... So it would be like the pot calling the kettle black!!! I'm not making fun of either school but that's the way it is in Southeastern Ohio small schools!!! All the athletic facilities have their own little quirks!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOL ... Sheep grazing eh?

I have talked to Howie Ol' Blue and he stated that he wanted the opportunity to build another program ... Its quite common for coaches to want to start over and put a stamp (or should I say 'stomp') on another/different programs throughout their careers.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

93Bulldog wrote:LOL ... Sheep grazing eh?

I have talked to Howie Ol' Blue and he stated that he wanted the opportunity to build another program ... Its quite common for coaches to want to start over and put a stamp (or should I say 'stomp') on another/different programs throughout their careers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”