jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Thanks Digger.
anyone have a schedule they can post?

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The girls won their first game tonight against Chesapeake. They won by about 30. Cayton and Cook both had over 20 points each with Cayton getting her career 1000th point tonight.

The defense worked great and offense is coming along. Some missed shots but I think the team has only had about a week or so of practice where the whole team has been there because of volleyball and xc.

The next game is at home Monday against Wellston.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

How did the Sherman girl inside do tonight. I know she has some talent also. Wondering how much she has improved from last season.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Sherman played well. She missed some shots but played excellent defense. She's only had a couple of weeks of practice because of a long volleyball season.

The Lady Jeeps play Wellston Monday night @ home. There will be a JV game that night.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

South Webster 80 Wellston 46

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The Jeeps played with lots of intensity tonight but made too many fouls. They'll get it figured out soon though. Monday should be a good game at home against Valley.

Brittney Puckett hit her head hard on the bleachers going after a ball and had to be taken out by ambulance. She may have a concussion. Hope to hear good news tomorrow.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Digger:

Looks like the Jeeps are having a great start to the year. How good are those teams they have beat? I do not know much about chesapeake and wellston. I wish the jeeps luck except for two times! :)

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Mike:

Peake was an ok team, probably some what better than last year. Wellston is a very scrappy team, seemed young. Both teams were a good warmup for the Jeeps. Next week starts a string of tuff teams, so we'll see how they handle it.

Go Jeeps!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

cayton 21+30 for 51 in two games and cook 20+30 for 50. wow! these two are neck in neck. it will be interesting to see how this plays out thru out the season. if you shut down one can you shut down the other? can you have two poy from the same team.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Please don't make this a competition between the two girls. Yes, they are both extremely talented players and will be the top scorers every night, but they are on a TEAM. The team is not looking ahead to see if one will be POY. They are looking for everyone to get better with each game and make it a fabulous season.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

THANK YOU DIGGER!

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Off the top of my head I can't recall two teammates going over 30 in the same game.

SW will completely roll barring two major injuries til the district finals....and they'll be favored until Berlin Hiland comes rolling around.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I can think of two times that the Jeeps will lose in the regular season.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The girls are at home tomorrow against West and then at Northwest on Monday and home again on Thursday with Oak Hill.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Hey FalconFan!!

First the Falcons better worry about this Thursday's game against Oak Hill. Then you can worry about the Jeeps. :twisted:

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Early D4 State Rankings! - 11-26-2007, 08:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the very early edition of the best teams in D4 this season.
Granted, rankings are going to change and some may be too high or too low but at least this gives us a good indictation of some of the Ohio's best in the small division.

1.)Columbus Africentric
2.)Ottoville
3.)Delphos St John's
4.)Berlin Hiland
5.)Convoy Crestview
6.)Stryker
7.)Maria Stein Marion Local
8.)East Canton
9.)Sidney Lehman Catholic
10.)Bacom Hopewell Loudon
11.)Bedford St Peter Chanel
12.)Ft Loramie
13.)Jackson Center
14.)Waterford
15.)Mansfield St Peter
16.)Liberty Center
17.)Fostoria St Wendelin
18.)South Webster :-D
19.)Van Buren
20.)New Knoxville

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

^^^^^^^^nothing but one man's opinion from the huddle. nothing concrete on this. but congratulations anyway.

Just like i said the other day, like against valley, you cant guard both. cayton being the older, more mature player will always see the opponents best defensive player. i'm guessing courtney merrit was on her monday night. cook will be the one that benefits from this.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The team is taking one game at a time and not looking ahead. They've got to leave it all on the floor every night and then get ready for the next game.

"Uh, you wanna give a 110%. I think we gave 110%. They'res no I in team." Can you name the movie?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Bedazzled?

Return to “Girls Basketball”