Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000th point!

dimedrop4
All State

Re: Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000th point!

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats to Karissa from the whole Oak Hill community! 1000 points is a wonderful accomplishment that not many student athletes can obtain.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Congrats to Karissa! It has been a great pleasure being around you for the past 4 years.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

congrats

RedZone
Waterboy

Post by RedZone »

Congrats to Karissa on an awesome achievement

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

congrats... i dont think it is home teams repsonsibility to give game ball to an opponents player. if oak hill offered to replace/trade balls then it could have been done.

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

congrats from SG, i am glad to see any girl score 1000 pts. :-D :-D :-D

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Karissa. I have watched you for a couple of years. You are a great basketball player and even greater young lady. It just amazes me that you all seem to be just having fun and are all very close friends. Stats mean nothing to any of you. you just want to win. With your skills on the floor and in the class room, you will go far. Good luck to you for the rest of the season. You have a whole bunch of points to add to that total, awesome!!!!! :-D :-D

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

actually last year when coal groves jordyn cox scored 1,000 points i think fairland stoped the game to recognize it

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

CONGRATS

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Away games stop all the time for 1,000th point recognition...it's happened 3 times with Peebles girls basketball.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i agree what a awesome achievement by a excellant ball player. she will make someone a great ball player at the next level

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Regulator wrote:I have never heard of the home team giving away a game ball to an away teams opponent.

Well now you will hear about it. Karli Beasley, senior at North Adams, scored her 1000th point at Paint Valley. Paint Valley stopped the game, without us using a timeout, and gave her the game ball. We offered to give them one of our balls as a replacement, but they refused to accept it. They said they were just glad to be able to recognize a great accomplishment. GREAT JOB by Paint Valley by showing the CLASS and RESPECT such an accomplishment deserves!!

I know that if it happened at North Adams for one of our opponents, we would do the exact same thing. It is about being and showing that you are a classy school and respect kids for working so hard. By the way, North Adams also recognized Karli at the next home game in front of our home crowd.

Congrats to Karissa for a great accomplishment!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster's coach is nothing but respectful,,,,,she or anyone else was NOT made aware of what would happen that night. She would never take that accomplishment away from such a talented player.
Last edited by favabeans on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Portsmouth stopped a game last year to give a kid on another team there game ball and a standing ovation.

Congrats.

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

Personally I feel they shouldnt stop games. They didnt stop the game for JD Hale last year at Wheelersburg. Basketball is a TEAM sport and no player would have a 1000 points if it werent for countless assists. Thats why they have a banquet at the end is to present individual accomplishments. JMO

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

rabidfan wrote:Personally I feel they shouldnt stop games. They didnt stop the game for JD Hale last year at Wheelersburg. Basketball is a TEAM sport and no player would have a 1000 points if it werent for countless assists. Thats why they have a banquet at the end is to present individual accomplishments. JMO

seems things never get stopped for 1,000 assists but a quick acknowledgement would be ok for 1,000 pts, nothing dramatic since it is a team sport.

statingthefacts
Waterboy

Post by statingthefacts »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:
rabidfan wrote:Personally I feel they shouldnt stop games. They didnt stop the game for JD Hale last year at Wheelersburg. Basketball is a TEAM sport and no player would have a 1000 points if it werent for countless assists. Thats why they have a banquet at the end is to present individual accomplishments. JMO

seems things never get stopped for 1,000 assists but a quick acknowledgement would be ok for 1,000 pts, nothing dramatic since it is a team sport.

usually 1,000 assists is not likely but 500 assists is. they have stopped the games before for 500 assists.

Rabidfan: I don't think that was Burgs decision because Coach Persin did not go over to the press box or anything. That was coaching. Last night the game was stopped for Rebecca Puckett's 1,000 points at Waverly. I congratulate both Rebecca and Waverly!

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

statingthefacts wrote:
lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:

usually 1,000 assists is not likely but 500 assists is. they have stopped the games before for 500 assists.

Rabidfan: I don't think that was Burgs decision because Coach Persin did not go over to the press box or anything. That was coaching. Last night the game was stopped for Rebecca Puckett's 1,000 points at Waverly. I congratulate both Rebecca and Waverly!

Oh, I am not saying anything at all about burg or their coaches. I, and this is just my personal opinion, just dont think games should get stopped. Like i said before, thats what awards banquets are for.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Regulator wrote:What did you want Webster to do? Stop the game and celebrate a road team's accomplishments? That doesn't happen. I have never seen that happen. If a player receives 1000 points on the road it is to be celebrated and recognized at the next home game for that respective team.

A few years back, Southern stopped a game that a Miller player got his 1000th point, and I believe he got the ball also.
It should be recognized no matter home or away. That's quite the accomplishment

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Congrats Karissa!

Return to “Girls Basketball”