12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

PinkLady
Waterboy

Re: 12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Post by PinkLady »

Championship wrote:SP is better than you Oak Hill fans think .. Just saw them the other night at Ashland ... you think we'll get in foul trouble bc of your bigs? you're rudely mistaken ... Ashland has a girl thats 6'2 who has signed to a division 1 school in Carolina ... she fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game, Tinesha holds her own with anyone in this area ... This will no doubt about it be a dog fight in front of a ton of people but SP is for real this year ... team speed is beyond the fastest ive ever seen .... Undoubtedly Oak Hill is good, but do they have the guards? When SP pressed in Lancaster last year it gave Oak Hill fits.

I'll take the Pointers by 3

do we have guards??? What?! Karissa Adkins, Mikie Strite, Bre Butler! Even our big girls can dribble in high stress situations! Idk what team you are looking at?!

MOF I completely agree that is is all about our girls boxing out just like last year. A press we can handle!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

TheChesterfieldKing wrote:And whomever said this will be an SRO crowd...I have no doubt. Pointer Gym will be ROCKIN!!!

Is this the same South Point crowd that filled up Lancaster last year? :lol:

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

My take is that both these teams are reallly good. Playing at SP could play into the game but I see OH winning this one. Good luck to both teams. This game would be one to attend.

740blueangoldfan
Waterboy

Post by 740blueangoldfan »

It's funny that oak fans are counting sp completely out of this game that's crazy the oaks have a great basketball program an a great coach but there's no way there gonna walk into pointer gym an have there way with them as far as last year both games were away from sp an the regional game was alot closer then 15+ an no the oaks couldn't handle the pressure in the first it wasn't until they game out at half slowed the game down an played a zone on defense that sp couldn't do anything with but now they will be ready this game will come down to the wire I'm takin sp for sure an look for the real tailgate to state LETTTTSSS GOOOOOO

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Leaving Minford wrote:
TheChesterfieldKing wrote:And whomever said this will be an SRO crowd...I have no doubt. Pointer Gym will be ROCKIN!!!

Yea all 15 of them!!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Buckeye84 wrote:
Leaving Minford wrote:

Yea all 15 of them!!

Yeah we had less people at Lancaster but our student section was much louder.If you think it wasnt then your just stupid.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Ha! You had about 15 people on your side and the rest was over flow from Oak Hill! Don't be surprised if there are more Oak Hill people than SP in your gym at this game!

Guess i'm just stupid then!!! haha

740blueangoldfan
Waterboy

Post by 740blueangoldfan »

Close the town if you want but keep the bus warm gonna be a long night

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

According to mapquest:

it is 1 hour and 26 minutes from Oak Hill to Lancaster
it is 2 hours and 36 minutes from South Point to Lancaster

Hmmmmmmm I guess an hour more to drive woudn't have anything to do with the fact that Oak Hill would have more fans present would it?

Both have great teams and I hope to see them both in the finals this year. Let's just hope they have injury free seasons and see them in the capital!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I don't think that 4 hours would keep our fans away. (They also took in a boys game that day)

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

MightyOaksFan wrote:I don't think that 4 hours would keep our fans away. (They also took in a boys game that day)

Serioulsy is there anything better to do in the surrounding metropolis of Oak Hill than to go to a ball game? ;-) It's ball or total boredom.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

wemufans wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:I don't think that 4 hours would keep our fans away. (They also took in a boys game that day)

Serioulsy is there anything better to do in the surrounding metropolis of Oak Hill than to go to a ball game? ;-) It's ball or total boredom.

Don't be a hater because we support our youth in Oak Hill. Sure beats watching them waste their lives on alcohol and drugs. We may be small but everyone knows when the Mighty Oaks and Mighty Lady Oaks are playing that the whole community supports them.

GOOD LUCK LADY OAKS AND OAKS! WE ARE PROUD TO BE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

wemufans wrote:

Isn't there any better way to get your fans to come to the games than give away free tickets?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
wemufans wrote:

Isn't there any better way to get your fans to come to the games than give away free tickets?

Sounds like a great idea. Every school should do it once a season and at Christmas time as well i love catching a break and not having to shell out any more money than I have to.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

yea I would like to see Oak Hill do that, i just don't see it happening though!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think that almost half of Oaks fans get in free one way or another anyways, either by being faculty, Oakamania cards or senior citizens passes.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

MightyOaksFan wrote:I think that almost half of Oaks fans get in free one way or another anyways, either by being faculty, Oakamania cards or senior citizens passes.

that's only for home games so the away games are attended by an equal number so that says alot for our fans and how they support the kids. Good to see those attending that have no "vested" interest. most don't even have a child or grandchild playing. The Lady Oaks and Oaks should be appreciative as I am sure they are.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

absolutely, the best part of the season last year was walking out at the regional finals to see the entire town of Oak Hill fill the gym.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

MightyOaksFan wrote:absolutely, the best part of the season last year was walking out at the regional finals to see the entire town of Oak Hill fill the gym.

I agree. This is a special group of athletes right now and from I have seen, more are coming. That happens with a winning program!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

South Point is the slight underdog in this game, since Oak Hill did get the win last year at the regional finals. This game could go either way...just depends who steps up. No denying that both sides of the gym will be packed! Obviously Oak Hill has a huge fan base and they are very loyal to their program and I think would go anywhere anytime to see them play...with that being said, no need to bash SP for having a smaller crowd at the regional game. They are still just as loyal and supportive. SP has a great student section at every game...home or away. You don't always see that for girls sports unfortunately.

Anyways....goodluck lady pointers! You have something to prove...you can do it! GO BIG BLUE!

Return to “Girls Basketball”