South Webster vs Minford 12/10

dimedrop4
All State

Re: South Webster vs Minford 12/10

Post by dimedrop4 »

Another tough loss for the Lady Jeeps. Big win for the Falcons on the road. Keep your head up Webster; there's still an entire season to get some W's. Good Luck to Minford on the rest of your season....

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Minford wins......played awesome.....GO LADY FALCONS.

101-FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 101-FALCON »

Very nice shot by Justice at the buzzer to win the game!!! 3 pointer way beyond the 3 point line...nice. Justice can really handle the ball. The entire team stepped up and it was a great game. What I would like to see is Minford spread the floor more. Good luck next week.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

[quote="falconfan86"] Minford needs to become more aggressive and get Justice some more looks [quote]

She got her good look tonight. And made the best of it. Great shot. Congrats Lady Falcons...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

congrats kendra and the lady falcons. if kendra is a sub then the falcons must be loaded?

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

i attended the game tonight and i can tell you knedra justice is not a sub for the lady falcons. i have seen her on the floor since her freshman year. this game could've went either way but the lady falcons came out at the last second wanting the win. it was a great game and fun to watch. both teams played hard. great pick set by the lady falcon for the open shot. i wish the best of luck to both teams.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Great win Minford. Heck of a finish. Way to go Kendra.

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

Great job Minford, Great win for Coach Chaney...him and the girls needed it..I agree with 101, Minford needs to spread the floor more..take advantage of what they have, utilizing Justice of pick and rolls plays with girls spotting up or cutting to the bucket...More kids involved and will help negate the lack of height...The Messer girl for SW could become a good point guard, she is a freshman..Good to see a program not afraid to move up talent and go with it...Great job for the LADY FALCONS,

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

WOW, what a game by both teams!!! The 2 unsong HERO of the game was Courtney Spriggs for Minford made the 1st 12 points of the game an ended up with 22, an for Webster was Hannan Montgomery with the LIGHTs out " D " on Kendra Justice. GREAT GAME by both TEAMS. These kind of games is what gets TEAMS ready for the TOURNAMENT!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Great job by the Minford Falcons to come through last night after being down early.

I hear there was some problems for Webster this week in practice. Did these problems carry through into the game?

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Post by son of busdriver »

A great game by both teams,we got our money's worth last night. This game proved Spriggs needs to be in the game and not on the bench like the Oakhill and Valley games. Team playing together like the girls did last night wins your ballgames,all played great. One thing I don't understand is the talk of Minford's lack of height,Harris was 5'10'' and McManus was only 5'6'' so I think we are taller this year but McManus held her ground with anyone she met under the basket.Good luck the rest of the season, can't wait to see what you do next,going to be hard to top last night.

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Congrats to the lady falcons. Big win for you ladies. Spriggs, Donahoe and others stepped up with the scoring. They all came into the game and stepped it up as a team. Team work is the key to success. Coach Johnson fell into our hands trying to shut down Justice which Montgomery and Cook did put the pressure on her but I felt she handled the pressure with her ball handling skills very well. Sendem...Justice will take the assists, good solid, clean "D" and the win any day over points!!! The lady falcons played good defense too...how many points did they hold Mongomery to? And if you call holding and pulling back on the jersey good "D" then you are correct...Mongomery played LIGHTS OUT "D"... :)

It was a great performance by both teams and wish both teams good luck throughout their season. Again, great team work by the lady falcons. Proud of all you girls!!!

Kickin Butt
Waterboy

Post by Kickin Butt »

I totally agree with u SOMAGIC. Both teams played great D and the majority of the players for both teams put their heart and soul on the floor last night. It was a great game, but I dont believe that it was only one persons defense on Justice that shut her down. Everyone was on her at one time or another so Montgomery is not the only one that should get the credit. She has a lot to learn before we start bragging on her any.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats falcons on a big win. Thanks for proving me wrong. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

Congrats Lady Falcons, great job, very proud of you!
Good Job to Courtney, great game, nice shot Kenny!
and to the entire team-way to play hard!
Keep it up.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:I have seen them both play and if Minford can contain Cook and get some open shots for Justice than I pick Minford by 3.

maybe I should give Vegas a try?????????????? lol. Sounds like it was a great game.

Return to “Girls Basketball”