Oak Hill @ Waverly 12-14-09

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill @ Waverly 12-14-09

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

HaterAid wrote:
Buckeye84 wrote:Lady Oaks by as many as coach Hale will allow.

There never seems to be a cut-off for Coach Hale. Someday he will get this in return by 10 fold.

I get sick and tired of some people crying and boo hooing about Oak Hill running up the score. Pressing to long. Bla bla bla. Here's the bottom line...... The only way to properly teach and condition players is in real game situations. Granted, sometimes that means pressing when we have a sizeable lead. But that is exactly why come tournament time we are in shape and good to go. 99% of Oak Hill Fans DO NOT enjoy blowouts. But it happens. Someone made reference to our schedule strength. I think we play some pretty good teams outside of conference play. I for one support any area team and athlete. So, suck it up and enjoy some exciting, magical basketball.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

welcome to preps, funk

That is a rough location where you live.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

I think that the girls who have worked hard should get to play, and at their hardest. It would be bad sportsmanship to to stall and basically play a game of keep away. I would hate that as the team not winning. If your going to beat me, then beat me playing. That said, why not play deeper than 8 when up by 40? I have seen more subs for the last min. of the quarters but why not put some of the girls in 1 or 2 at a time with the 8, so that when tournament times come, and theres foul trouble, they will be ready. Haven't they been at the same practices?

And as for Doug getting the return 10 fold, he will be gone when Oak Hill starts going down. It will be a new coach and a different group of girls that will be paying for it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You can say what you want about Coach Hale but he prepares his team for the tournament. Isn't that what the regular season is for? While 84-31 is bad, it could be allot worse. I remember a Waverly team lead by the great Candy Pfeifer beating West 126-12, without a 3 point line. Mr. Hale was not the coach, haha.

Waverly's Dowtown Arena (Hawhee's Palace) is THE best H.S. basketball facility around these parts. While the new gym at the school on the hill is nice, it does not compare.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Yeah, Coach Hale will not be around when the "paybacks" begin to happen. Plus, Oak Hill is loaded for bear from the 12th grade to the 7th grade. Has anyone seen their Junior High Teams, especially their 7th graders? So to sum it up, Oak Hill will be good for at least 6 more years!!

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

They are definately good, there is no doubt about it..... It sure does stink to be an opposing team that gets drilled when they play Oak Hill. I guess everyone will be playing for 2nd in the years to come. Maybe they could start a new thing in the SOC and get a 2nd place trophy for the runner up, that is what they are all playing for anyway isn't it.

Who will be the coach when Coach Hale's daughter graduates in a couple of years?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think that it is funny how it is never the teams that get beat that do the complaining but some yahoo that doesn't even attend the game.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

I hope you are not referring to me in your post. I think I was pretty complimentary on the Oaks and it is good for an area team to have so much success.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

btw, did anyone see Duke last night? Up by 45 in the second half and still shooting the ball with starters in! :shock: As my daughter would say, "I can not believe it!"

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

2 words shot clock! An if there was one in High School it would be alot UGLIER than its been so far.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

gunit: not referring to you.
I appreciate your comments

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:welcome to preps, funk

That is a rough location where you live.

HEY! i know people who were raised in Pyro and they seem like pretty good people! The community was overshadowed by folk lore. lol lol

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

MOF am I your yahoo? Hope not, I thought I was saying that the scores are what they are because the girls work hard. I like to see them win and I have not missed a game in quite a few years now, so its either not me your talking about or I am, but I'm not who you thought I am.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

whythehale? wrote:MOF am I your yahoo? Hope not, I thought I was saying that the scores are what they are because the girls work hard. I like to see them win and I have not missed a game in quite a few years now, so its either not me your talking about or I am, but I'm not who you thought I am.
Whew !!!!!!!!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

What? :lol:

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

Bonifield is the man and should give me an A in the class lol :lol:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

There is only one person that is complaining about the scores. They are the yahoo

Return to “Girls Basketball”