Minford 2007

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

from a non parent of a player point of veiw.u are here to win sometimes feelings get hurt thats part of lifes lessons. if the under classman hustle and can do it more than 2times up and down the court and play defense hard well !!! they need to find what works ..play hard falcons... :idea:

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i agree falcon flyer..

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Best players play...

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

wow, are u a coach what info do you get ? :?:

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I think that the "best players play" is a really pretty simple concept. Freshman, to Seniors etc. uh.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

if that is the concept used out there, it is going to be long year. so what u are saying if u are undr classman and u play aau to get better or not even aau but just shooting and working on ball handleing skills .for get about varsity becouse u have to wait till u r a upper classman .that is insane.. :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

let me put what md is saying in plain english so everybody understands.

regardless of grade(9-12), a program should play its best players. sometimes this means hurt feelings by upperclassmen. sometimes this means alot of unhappy parents both ways. i cant tell you who should be playing or not playing as im not from minford, i am merely trying to explain what "play the best players" means.

good luck for the rest of the season! :-D :-D :-D

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i agree bushmaster, younger kids shouldnt have to wait just because they are younger. if the younger kid is better, they should be playing. just because a kid is in 12th grade doesn't automatically mean starter. some coach's do this but i personally cant stand it. good luck to minford the rest of the way.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

101: thanks, was it really that difficult to understand.??????

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

didnt think so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I haven;t seen all of the games but I have not seen players sitting because they are better and I definitely don't see any jv players that should be on varsity. Is this what you are referring to?

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i thought the point guard is a freshman isaw the oakhill game loks to much individaliziim going on .they need to get some looks at other players looks like to much favortism going in the land of the falcons.if the AD..cannot see this the future of lady falcon basketball is goooone.. :?: one of the parants said that whats wrong with minford they will not look for good coaches they always want someone to volenteer or get some friend to do it??? this is not a hit at coach conley she has had some great years

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

bushmaster-you post aren't making alot of sense to me. your just not explaining your thoughts very well...if you have something to say- say it, stop beating around the bush..I will try and clear a few things up for you. Yes the point guard is a freshman, yes there is some individualism that seems to go on at times in Minford, some of the players get a little selfish with the ball, not the coaches fault-i doubt she is telling them to be selfish. Just curious if you are saying they are all that way or just a few? And also just wondering who do you think should be playing more that isn't playing now. From what i've seen she has the best on the floor most of the time, The majority of the time the girls on the floor are Harris, Mcmanus, Conrad, Martin, and (freshman point guard)- Justice, and Donahoe , those are her main players, you have others that hustle and contribute what they can, they are your role players, and they do a great job. I think it is this way in every school so why are you putting down our program. We have had winning seasons since Coach Conley has came to Minford, we lose our leader and point guard (Cayton) and we are trying to recover quickly from that, and not allowing us time to work together and get things back on track before people start placing blame and slamming us, we are still a very good program and in time we will prove that.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Amen. What i see is a team struggleing to find some one willing to score when needed. It sounds to me like the poster is a player or a parent of a player not satisfied with playing time.
Last edited by falconflyer on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Thank You falconflyer, i'm glad you agree.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Good post THE NEXT LEVEL. Well said.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Thanks, Minford Mike...
I have a hard time understanding some of these comments.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

well hate to burst your bubble,i have no dog in this fight .. if i did i would not sit around and watchthis crap!!!!.u have 2 players that start the game. play 2-4 min. make shots play defense.and get jerk for other players and don"t see the floor until game is out of hand players playing out of control ect ect... i just like basketball thank you . ;-) please i here parants in the cursing at players and the coach i think the players here it at home then take to the court.if i wre the coach i would sit them all donwn and say like it or get the !!! out becouse the team is not spelled with an ' I' IN IT

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

You are truly not bursting anyone's bubble.
Also i'm not trying to be mean, but you really need to work on your spelling. And once again, i'm not understanding your post.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i am sorry for the spelling . i am better crunching numbers . also en route to the big easy for the BUCKS game about 100 miles to go. road is rough..point is this team and parents are out of control this team should be in the thick of things instesd of being outside looking in players want the ball but no defense players get the but falling all over the floor. aand it is not huslting that get them on the floor not covering on man to man D. if they do it is for about 2 trips up and down the floor sum do not play D at all well maybe a little bit .. yes minford did lose cayton but good teams overcome these things good teams find leaders to step up.good teams have players that know if they are hurting the team,get tired can't cover somone say somthing. again the coach should see this .fresh legs are better than sealegs.as far as U hurting my feelings my skinn is to thick and i am to old for a few words not spelled correct to get me down just glad i know how to turn this darn thing on GO BUCKS..... :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”