12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Re: 12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Post by blondebomb »

Oaks win 75- 69

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

blondebomb wrote:Oaks win 75- 69

So much for all the oak hill fans thinking they would win by 20

sp_pointers01
Waterboy

Post by sp_pointers01 »

Good game lady pointers! Wish we could have got the win...but you proved you can play with the best of 'em! What killed us was all the points we gave away down low...wayyy too many! Also letting them have offensive rebounds, was costly for the point! I think #23 had 27 points...almost all down inside. She had a great game.

I thought there would be many more Oak Hill fans. A lot of South Point people sitting on the visitor side.

TheChesterfieldKing
Riding the Bench

Post by TheChesterfieldKing »

What a game! SP has nothing to hang their heads down for...they left it all on the court. I am VERY PROUD of MY Lady Pointers!!!

Oak Hill - Great team! Best of luck to you the rest of the year!! You've got some great players on your team!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

OH_Moose72 wrote:Oak Hill is averaging 77 points per game (86 high , 67 low) and giving up 31 (35 high, 26 low). They have three ladies averaging double figures (two are career 1,000+ point scorers)...the bench is deep...the defense is smothering. That all said, South Point has beaten a couple pretty good KY teams this year and have what appear to be some very good athletes as well. I'm not going to predict a score or margin of victory, but I will say it's shaping up to be a barn burner.

Good luck LADY OAKS!!!

I didn't make any predictions other than it would be a barn burner. It looks like I was right. Congrats to both teams and continued success the rest of the season!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Great game to watch. Both teams played really well. Oak Hill can hit the threes! IT will be to both teams benefit to schedule teams that are not blowouts. They should play twice each year.

Good Luck to the Oaks in the tournament.

Was hoping to see the whole community from Oak HIll come out fromor this one but SP didn't get the gate that they expected. I guess they had something better to do than to see the Lady Oaks play! ;-)

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

nope nothing better to do, they still were watching basketball. Boys and girls junior high were also playing.

Big Thank you to Ports. West girls! Wow you guys are awesome.

What was up with the S.P administrator calling them out after the game?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

He was bragging on their cheering and wanted to know if they wanted to be put on the
SP schedule since thay had so much spirit. I am sure they don't want nothing of the Pointers or
the Oaks both teams would beat them by 30 points.

vrodjason
Waterboy

Post by vrodjason »

not 30. the lady oaks beat them by over 50! Oak Hill fans do thank the West Siders for coming out and cheering our ladies on!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

haha can't believe a few girls from Ports. West was Oak Hill's student section...wow! Major disappointment out of Oak Hill's crowd. Was expecting at least a student section.

Awesome game though. Those gals from OA can really shoot the threes! Lady Pointers did a fantastic job!!! So proud to wear my blue and gold! Good job pointers....go get Ironton tomorrow!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Oaks!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats Lady Oaks...Keep your heads up Lady Pointers! You're a great team as well...

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Great game and all you guys want to talk about is our fans. The team that had about 70 fans in attendance at REGIONAL FINALS!!! IF you look back you will see that South Point fans were the only was predicting a standing room only crowd. Oak Hill fans travel well and did considering there were junior high boys games and junior high girls games Monday night.
I really am not sure what you expected. It will be your largest girls attendance by far. If we would like to look at attendance, how about your crowd? you were only able to fill up the bottom half of your side and had about 15 kids on the other for what will be your biggest home game all year.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I walked into the game right when it was jump ball... when I passed Oak Hill school on my way to the game it was packed there, top and bottom lot. I know that was the Jr High Boys im not sure where the Jr High Girls were playing, once Jr High basketball is over you will get a bigger crowd at the games, happens every year. There was also a Christmas Program at the Church last night which was packed. All I can say about our fans that wasnt there is they missed a good game and at least you were still watching basketball or attending a program and supporting our youth. All I can say to the South Point people is hope to see this matchup again in tournaments and then we can see who brings a larger crowd. Congrats to the LADY OAKS and South Point you have nothing to hang your head about you guys are a fine team and will only get better!

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Wont see South Point in the tournament. They moved up to Div 2.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

GREAT game! Both teams did an outstanding job. I was one that predicted a double digit score but I was wrong. SP has nothing to hang their heads about! It was the first game this year worth (more than worth) the price of admission. Great job by the Lady Sentators to come to the game and support their fellow SOC rivals. You are a class act and should be shown as an example of what true sportsmanship is and serve as a great example to your fellow SOC rivals. As a Lady Oaks fan, I salute you and hope the youth of our schools can see and will follow your great example. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT!

basketballnut101
Waterboy

Post by basketballnut101 »

Could not wait to see this game....just a supporter of the area basketball programs....this was a great game.....this game will help both teams get ready for tourney time(to see what things they need to improve!)....both teams have great kids....you can tell they love the game! Good luck to both teams, i am sure you both will have great success! Also watched the jv game, also was a good game...do have a question to any oak hill fans...there was a #21 oak hill jv player(probably their leading scorer)but did not dress varsity....why?....just found it a little strange, i was impressed with her play...anyway good luck to both teams!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”