Oak Hill 2007-2008

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Oak Hill 2007-2008

Post by Bobby Love »

Not much being said about the lady Oaks lately. What has the team been doing this summer? what shootouts are they going to? What is cooking in Oak Hill?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I think their coach has been spending a lot of time with his AAU team.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

it appears the boys and girls program have both done 180's and the boys are the ones getting the attention these days. Mof is posting on boys threads but not on the girls

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

lol, not many people get on the girls threads until the season starts. Don't worry I check the girls forum out several times a day.

You can always count on the Oak Hill girls being busy during the summer. Don't worry. There is no 180 turn around for the girls. THey are still doing the same things that they need to do to get better in the summer.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

They better be careful in what they consider "open gym".

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

"OK"

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

They had a JV team at shawnee this past week with 2 8th graders, 2 sophomores and the rest freshman that no one could get within 30 of.

marklane
JV Team

Oak Hill

Post by marklane »

How many are transferring in this year?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think they are all home grown or were there last year at least.

Seriously talented group of girls!

marklane
JV Team

Oak Hill

Post by marklane »

I'm hearing the Caudill girl is transferring in this year.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Coach Hale recruits, and there are people that can prove it. He better be careful.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Who is there JV coach? Whitney and his wife brought that group to Shawnee this past week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Does Hale need to recruit....or do they just come running to the great program?

The Caudill girl (whose Dad was an amazing athlete....and LARGE) was their last year I think.

There is a Jackson girl down there now and a few young ones with thoughts of becoming Lady Oaks in the upcoming years....I don't blame Hale one bit....it's the kids and their parents...no biggie.

The State runner-up and and going to the district finals or beyond for about 13 consecutive years including many times to the regionals is exciting for fans of nearby Oak Hill. I know I went to probably 14 or 15 tournament games during that run from the mid 90's to the 2005 run...it was fun to watch and exciting for those attending.....I don't blame them to much for wanting to be a part of that. Personally I would've never transferred nor will my daughter......but it's hard for me to believe that Hale is attracting these players.....I think they are following the program.

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

THIS SITE IS SO NEGATIVE ANYMORE, I DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF IT ANYMORE, WHO CARES, GO MIGHTY FALCONS
Last edited by swish on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kenneth Bixx
Waterboy

Post by Kenneth Bixx »

Oak Hill really hasn't had a JV the last few years, and most of the girls at the shootout will never play JV. With that many Jr. High kids playing, it looks like the possibility of no reserve this year either.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

A lot of schools play jr. high students in JV shootouts and at times 9th graders play down in 8th grade shootouts. The 8th and 9th graders are a funny group to get in the gym at times during the summer, and you piece together what players you can that want to get better.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Ironman92 wrote:I think they are all home grown or were there last year at least.

Seriously talented group of girls!

The Ruff girls aren't "home grown".

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

So why can't they field a JV team, if this is such a huge and successful program?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The one Ruff girl was at Oak Hill at least 4 years.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

swish I believe this goes for shootouts and team camps also. It is breaking the rule but the who polices this? Most teams in southern ohio does this because of the lack of number of players that come out. It is like the 10 day coaching rule most coaches ignore it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”