Oak Hill 2007-2008

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

both

uglyduckling
Waterboy

Post by uglyduckling »

i heard the lady oaks had a scrimmage tonight, how did they do?

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

did adkins get hurt?

uglyduckling
Waterboy

Post by uglyduckling »

I heard that too.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Nobody is posting how the Mighty Oaks did in their scrimmage? Hmmm.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Oaks won 3 quarters Peebles won 2 quarters

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

know your role wrote:Nobody is posting how the Mighty Oaks did in their scrimmage? Hmmm.

I believe that is what you said last year. So it doesn't really mean that much now does it?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Huh? Just wondering why everyone was so mum about the scrimmage. Just trying to get some information. Quit being so sensitive MOF.

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Know Your Role: It must be top secret!

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Not that it matters much because it was a scrimmage, but I heard Peebles won three quarters and Oak Hill won two. Didn't hear of any injuries but hopefully not and both teams came away healthy.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Not being sensitive. I don't take anything on here seriously. Just stating that you and others said exactly what you just said, " Not hearing much from the scrimmage, that usually means things aren't going well."

and then we turn around and have a 20-3 season and go to the district finals.

you won't hear much from me this year, just telling you now so that you aren't worried about us. ;-)

iwearblacknikes
S

Heard a rumor that Shantell Rathburn was at Oak Hill School today and transfered... anyone know anything :?: :?:

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

this should be fun.... yes I believe she is back

iwearblacknikes
S

:shock: yeah should be interesting, so is she playing?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Hey MOF...hows the team doing?

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

I am a little confused. First of all I am not the sharpest pencil in the box. The Rathburn player transferred to Chillicothe from Oak hill, and then came back to Oak Hill? If I am not reading this correctly disregard my post. Coach Hale is an outstanding coach and always gets the most out of his players. I wonder how (and I know he can) get girls to unite when it seems like a player has a hard time committing to a team. This problem of committment can make it hard on a coach and to teammates. All well, when its game time the Lady Oaks will be ready to play. Opponents better not take them ligthly.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bballfan1 wrote:I am a little confused. First of all I am not the sharpest pencil in the box. The Rathburn player transferred to Chillicothe from Oak hill, and then came back to Oak Hill? If I am not reading this correctly disregard my post. Coach Hale is an outstanding coach and always gets the most out of his players. I wonder how (and I know he can) get girls to unite when it seems like a player has a hard time committing to a team. This problem of committment can make it hard on a coach and to teammates. All well, when its game time the Lady Oaks will be ready to play. Opponents better not take them ligthly.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wont she have to sit out a year for already transfering? The rumor I hear is she just didn't cut the mustard with Chillicothe. As the old saying goes it's my way or the highway.That may have applied here....

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

I never thought of it that way. I know you can transfer before you enter your freshmen year. I guess you would have to sit -out if you came back, unless they can prove they live in the district. Of course, that is a easy loophole to bypass. It has been done before. I guess that is why AD's get paid the big money. they have to check on this. It would be a shame if a team has to forfeit games because of players using loopholes. Don't think people aren't watching. Of course, this is specualation. The player could live in the distict, if so this point is mute.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bballfan1 wrote:I never thought of it that way. I know you can transfer before you enter your freshmen year. I guess you would have to sit -out if you came back, unless they can prove they live in the district. Of course, that is a easy loophole to bypass. It has been done before. I guess that is why AD's get paid the big money. they have to check on this. It would be a shame if a team has to forfeit games because of players using loopholes. Don't think people aren't watching. Of course, this is specualation. The player could live in the distict, if so this point is mute.
She didn't live in Oak Hill's district either from what I hear.She is from Gallia County or so I was told...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

If it is illegal, just fine the program $300,000 and a first round draft pick if they make the playoffs! :lol:

Sorry, that was a poor joke (referring to the New England Patriots and spygate).

I am sure the AD's will take care of everything. I am also sure that Coach Hale can handle the situation, if it would arise. He's the man.

MOF, I usually like to pick on you, but do you have any information on this situation?

Return to “Girls Basketball”