Chillicothe 07-08

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

You guys are getting a young lady from Oak Hill named Shantelle Rathburn. I personally know her and let me say she is a player. She has great fundlementals, can play 3 positions now and will play 4 with in the future with experience. You will enjoy watching her the next four years. She works very hard and there is a new gym rat in Ross county.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Actually she can play 2 positions and from what I have seen and heard doesn't work that hard at her game. Could be better than she is if she did work as hard as you say.

Why did Oak Hill bring up a 7th grader to help out last year with the 8th grade if Shantelle can play all of the positions?

What color are your shades? Or are they blinders? This was not a good move for Shantelle.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

You guys are getting a young lady from Oak Hill named Shantelle Rathburn. I personally know her and let me say she is a player. She has great fundlementals, can play 3 positions now and will play 4 with in the future with experience. You will enjoy watching her the next four years. She works very hard and there is a new gym rat in Ross county.

This post didnt say anything negative against Oak hill

Actually she can play 2 positions and from what I have seen and heard doesn't work that hard at her game. Could be better than she is if she did work as hard as you say.

Why did Oak Hill bring up a 7th grader to help out last year with the 8th grade if Shantelle can play all of the positions?

What color are your shades? Or are they blinders? This was not a good move for Shantelle

This post is terrible.

I know her personally and she is a worker, works out plays and shoots everydays for hours. She needs experience on some positions but Chillicothe will get this out of her. Didnt you post on an earlier post this girl will have an immediate impact as a freshman... oh wait she isnt at oak hill anymore so lets bash her...NICE

good luck with the left one

BBSHOOTER
Waterboy

Post by BBSHOOTER »

BAH HUMBUG!
Last edited by BBSHOOTER on Sat May 10, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Here's my two pennies...............Rathburn has the POTENTIAL to be a very good ball player. In the games I saw her play (in Oak Hill and AAU) she did not impress me a whole lot. The vibe was that she was good and the team should revolve around her. I get disappointed when I see girls that could be good do show boat moves, as if they think that is what makes them good. Maybe being at Chillicothe will turn her into a player. She's only a freshman, she can learn.

BBSHOOTER
Waterboy

Post by BBSHOOTER »

MEET THE TEAM SOON
Last edited by BBSHOOTER on Sat May 10, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

no jealousy here, my child does not even go to Oak Hill. Just feel that the next 4 years at Oak Hill would be something to stay for. I believe that her Dad was given some wrong information in regards to how much playing time she would get at Oak Hill and he jumped the gun and ran.

I believe that I did say that she could be a great player. Key word is could. Has to work harder and she will be what you say she already is. In 7th thought she could be as good as Alyssa Hammond was at Oak Hill. Then she slowed down in 8th and you could tell had not improved much. Maybe this summer was different as you have implied.

Good luck to you and yours WhoDey

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

As Leaving Minford said, I also think Shantelle has great potential. Why would I be jealous. I went to Oak Hill a long time ago. The team did pretty well at the time. My time is past and I watch many of the SOC teams now. Shantelle went to school with a member of my family, so I think I got to know her somewhat. She has HUGE potential. Also agreeing with Leaving Minford, maybe this past summer was different. They say you mature a lot between junior high and high school so it would be the right time. I wish her the best of luck at Chillicothe or wherever else she may end up before her high school career is over.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Shantelle is one of my close friends, and I want to wish her luck at Chilicothe.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Oak hill will survive without Shantelle and Shantelle will be just fine at Chilli. I think the Chilli needs to only worry about the SEOAl and Oak Hill worry about your own games. I went to 4 games last year and I will say that on Shantelles team last year...85% plays called from the side were mainly for one player. 21 for.... If you ask the players they would tell you the same thing..I am not sure who coached those games from the sidelines but I know that is true those games. It doesnt matter..I just want to atleast describe what I saw. why dont you wish all the girls good luck and we wont talk about 8th grade stats, peoples lack of left hands..every player can be critiqued.
Shantelle will do her best and Oak hill will reload...all is well and good luck to all. If she transfer agains so be it...why comment whereever else she goes.... I dont see it happening but likewise Im sure she will be replaced in the future from someone from somewhere else too... thats sports these days..
Leaving Minford I just have to say if you only knew what she does you would be surprised. Lack of work is furthest from the truth.. Good luck to your girls too. Someone might have told you she doesnt work but i would love to know who works just as hard. This is not my kid.. I just love her heart. Spent most of the summer on the road, In ohio, Wva, Ind, home vs Hornbuckle.. I could go on...

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

whythehale? wrote:As Leaving Minford said, I also think Shantelle has great potential. Why would I be jealous. I went to Oak Hill a long time ago. The team did pretty well at the time. My time is past and I watch many of the SOC teams now. Shantelle went to school with a member of my family, so I think I got to know her somewhat. She has HUGE potential. Also agreeing with Leaving Minford, maybe this past summer was different. They say you mature a lot between junior high and high school so it would be the right time. I wish her the best of luck at Chillicothe or wherever else she may end up before her high school career is over.
Where else would she want to go?? She will have AWESOME coaching and a good program at Chillicothe.This is'nt the same Chillicothe of a few years ago...This is a different beast all together....

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Actually I am sure that Oak Hill would love to get Amy back on the schedule.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Leaving Minford wrote:Actually I am sure that Oak Hill would love to get Amy back on the schedule.
I'm sure she would too...I would...Does the date 3-8-06 ring a bell??

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Yeah I think that Mandi Boykin hit a shot to beat us not Amy and not Chillicothe

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I guess all those years it was alyssa hammonds who beat everyone...Not Doug

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Yeah I think that Mandi Boykin hit a shot to beat us not Amy and not Chillicothe
No,it was Ironton, but her teams will soon resemble Ironton so what will it matter.... Great coaching wins games just as much as players.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Black Panther wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:Yeah I think that Mandi Boykin hit a shot to beat us not Amy and not Chillicothe
No,it was Ironton, but her teams will soon resemble Ironton so what will it matter.... Great coaching wins games just as much as players.

I agree but that game came down to an amazing shot by a player

BBSHOOTER
Waterboy

Post by BBSHOOTER »

IS MANDY GOING TO PLAY COLLEGE BALL ANYWHERE
Last edited by BBSHOOTER on Sat May 10, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

BBSHOOTER wrote:ANYB0DY GOT THIS YEARS SCHEDULE?? :-D
I had one,but I have deleted it out of my inbox.It should be up soon on the website http://www.chillicothecavaliers.com. It's a fairly competitive schedule from what I recall.They play in the tip off classic at Zane Trace v Zane Trace.Circleville at home,Rose Hill Christian at home,The SEOAL League schools,I believe I remember seeing Westerville North and Upper Arlington as well,one was home and one was away,cant remember which.They also play in the Fairfield Federal Classic on MLK day at Pickerington Central HS.The Lady Cavs will have some challenges but they will WIN way more than they lose no doubt!! Keep checking the website to see when the schedule is posted...

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Black Panther wrote:

I agree but that game came down to an amazing shot by a player

So I guess coaching had nothing to do with the team being in a position to hit that last second shot? What a sore loser. :cry:

Return to “Girls Basketball”