Minford @ South Webster

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

South Jeepster wrote:South Webster 51
Minford 46
Sounds like it was a good game. Did you go?

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

SW may have 1 but Minford came in our house and looked very good!
Hats off to Minford.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Wow! What a game! Minford played very well but could not make free throws down the stretch. I really did not know how close this would be but I am very impressed with My Lady Falcons intensity and ability to make it a game. SW played extremely hard also and I like there chances of a state run. Hats off to both teams. I will be there on the 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work Ladies and Coach Conley..I have always liked the way your teams play.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Anybody know how the Harris Girl is Feeling?

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Great game by both teams.. I spent the first half with friends from Minford, and the second half with friends from Webster... I thought both teams played good defense.... The Cook girl had a very good game.. She goes to the basket with authority and knows what to do with the ball..

Congrats to both teams, and best of luck the rest of the season to both Minford and S.W.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Congrats to South Webster. Great game with the lead changing hands most of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. Harris must have been fine because she came back into game shortly after she sit out a few minutes. I think we showed a few tonight that we are still a very good and competitive ball club and many underestimated us going into tonights game. Tonight was one of the best defensive efforts out of a Minford squad in the few years that I've been watching them. I still think we are more talented overall and I'm looking forward to the rematch at Minford.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

what was wrong with Harris?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Great game but I wished Minford won. The next game between Minford and South Webster is at Minford on December 20. I think Cook is the best player in the SOC right now. Great Defense by both teams. To have a chance at the SOC, Minford has to give South Webster a loss on December 20.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Great Game!!! Can't wait until the 20th, hopefully Minford Lady Falcons will win at home. Minford girls did a great job, they played hard as did South Webster, could have went either way. Nothing better than 2 good teams battling it out.

Iwearblacknikes:
Asked about Harris after the game, was told she was fine, they said her feet got taken out from under her, she landed hard on both knees, she sat out for a few minutes then she went back in the game.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ar ... _minsw.txt

Minford 10 12 15 9 - 46
South Webster 15 11 10 15 - 51

Minford - McManus 5 5 15, Martin 2 0 5, Moore 0 1 1, Conrad 2 0 5, Harris 5 2 14, Donahoe 10 2, Rudd 2 0 4; Totals 17 8 46.

South Webster - Sherman 3 2 8, Queen 1 0 2, Roark 0 2 2, Cook 6 10 23, Cayton 3 8 16; Totals 13 22 51.

3-pointers - Minford 4 (Harris 2, Martin, Conrad); South Webster 3 (Cayton 2, Cook)

Records - Minford 4-2, (2-2); South Webster 8-0, (5-0).

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

falconflyer wrote:I think Cook is the best player in the SOC right now.

I would have to disagree. Although Cook is good, I still don't think she is the same caliber of player as Cayton. Kara plays with finese and handles pressure differently. Last year's SOC II Player of the Year should have been given to Cayton alone. She lead her team to a conference championship and a 17-5 record, 13-1 in the conference. South Webster didn't fare so well. Kara could have put up the same numbers on most nights, but was limited to playing time as Minford handled most of their opponents easily last season. Cook on the other hand tried to carry the team herself and didn't involve her team mates as did Cayton. South Webster did advance to the regionals, but that didn't have anything to do with the conference and D4 is a much weaker division. Just my opinion.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Minford Millie all I can say is WOW!
she was a freshman & IS A TEAM PLAYER!
Don't make 1 look bad 2 make 1 look good.
They both are on the same team.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

i must say i must eat my words. good job minford for doing so well. THe NEXT LEVEL who is being recruited by colleges and what colleges are they.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Don't get me wrong, I do think that she is a good player, but I don't think that she is any better than Cayton. I know she was a freshman last year and even someone from Webster (digger) agreed that she needed to involve her team mates more and that may have changed over the course of the season, but that's not what I saw when I saw her play. I'm not trying to make one look bad either, my statement is really no different than that of falconflyer's. I do think that they benefit more from one another than they compliment one another.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Thanks Bobby...Minford did play very well and we are proud of our team. And definately looking to next Thursday. I know that Harris, Justice, and Conrad have had college interest expressed. You would need to ask their parents which colleges. Other players may have also, I only know of the above. Good luck Thursday!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

no problemo :-D that next thursday is tomorrow night!!! dont forget to show up! :razz: :razz: good luck to you

Minford Mike wrote:I will drag my big fat butt in there tomorrow night and root for my Lady Falcons

i'll keep an eye, or 2 open for you. shouldnt be to hard to miss :shock: :shock: lol

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Bobby Hate: LOL :lol:

Easy on my weight Bobby.............I will be there tomorrow. I usually sit up at the top of the bleachers for back support plus it makes me look a little thinner up there! :shock: It should be a tough hard fought SOC game. Good Luck Ladies

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Millie: I'm not being defensive but I don't think that I have said that Cook needs to involve her teammates more. I have said that the team does need some more girls to step up and have some more consistant scoring.
I don't want people to read these posts and think that I am bashing Kayla. I know that you didn't mean anything by your post, just wanted clarification on what I said.

See you next week at Minford for another hard fought game.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

None taken. I know I stated that last year and someone from Webster who has posted for a while agreed, wasn't exactly sure, but I thought it was you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

No problem.

Return to “Girls Basketball”