RV-Fairland game

owl
Waterboy

RV-Fairland game

Post by owl »

Does anyone have an analysis of the game between rv and fairland?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I do not know about an analysis but I was at the game. Fairland led for a great deal of the first half and RV went in with a lead at halftime. In the 3rd quarter RV pulled away and FHS could not recover. It was a contest of speed versus size and depth. RV controlled the boards in the second half and FHS could not make shots. Fairland was very quick up front and tried to go coast-to-coast alot on stolen balls. The inside size of RV was too much.

Fairland had 3 girls, 5, 25 & 00 that were players. The rest of the team did well also. Gilmore has a lot of depth from 9-12. Circle has been playing well at the point and leads the team down the floor like she is supposed to, not to mention that she was on from the 3-point line. Marcum, Ruff, Walburn and Ward control the inside and feed out well. Carter, Hager and Cluxton compliment the front as well and can step into the point if necessary. Sands played a limited amount and put several freethrows in the bucket. I did not purposely omit anyone. I think RV played down to the last chair and all did well.

Summary, RV had too much horsepower for FHS. They got into foul trouble and did not have the bench numbers to stay up. Great game on both sides.

Keep up the great work RV, Coach Gilmore and most of all the players!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats to Coach Gilmore and the girls on picking up that first OVC win and improving the record to 6-3.

Return to “Girls Basketball”