Jackson vs Zanesville Cancelled.... GET THIS ONE

jackson1
Freshman Team

Jackson vs Zanesville Cancelled.... GET THIS ONE

Post by jackson1 »

The Jackson at Zanesville game has been cancelled today. and here is the story...

Over two weeks ago the girls, parents and Coaches were hoping to get the game time moved up. Jackson had moved the start time up last year at Zanesville's request. Over the past couple of weeks no one heard anything until last night when it was told that Jackson's AD called their AD and ask that the game be moved up. According to Jackson's AD the request was denied due to the fact it was late notice and he had no way to contact the officials. OK, were are headed to Zanesville for an evening game, girls were boarding the bus at 2:00 pm.

Then came a call at about 12:50 from Zanesville wondering where we were? The game start time was moved to 12:00 last year based on mutual agreement. How does the two AD's talk about the game on Friday, even see each other on FRiday night and this happen?????? So we had to cancel. Now we have to go to Zanesville mid-week to make up this game.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Just another reason why the current SEOAL will not survive.

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Thats a great idea punish the girls for the communication breakdown by making them go mid-week. Unreal :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If this was agreed on last year why was there a call to Zanesvile to change the time?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

according to out administrator our AD didn't remember setting the noon tip last year.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Our Ad is totally out of his league. He scheduled a soccer game the same time the JV football game was to be played at Alumni Stadium. Figure that one out $77,000 a year and does stupid things like this. Asfar as I'am concerned our best AD went to OakHill as a Principal, along with most of the coaching staff. When you need him, he is never there and will not return your calls. It's time JHS gets someone in there that's capable of doing the job and will do it the right way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't even know what to say.

It's not like the AD has a secretary or anything......

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He has a secretary, that's who handles all the reserved seating and the brick donations. Maybe that's why the above is messed up also. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pretty much my point...just didn't say it

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Hawkeye you don't get it, the post isn't about the SEOAL, it's about the Jackson AD. I could go on for HOURS but I'm not. I feel terrible for the kids and parents that have to put up with this travesty.

Trying to find a golf game!!!
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As presented, this is totally inexcusable!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Steely, if this was the first time it's a "maybe it's ok". I think the players, parents and fans have had about enough!!!!! And inexcusable I don't think even covers it!!!!!!

Trying to find a golf game!!!
Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

Very professional.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Wow, talk about a breakdown in communication! I find it odd that this happened, especially since their was a phone conversation the night before the game?

That sucks to have to make up the game midweek when you have to travel that far.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

When is the administration going to do something about him? They hire an AD with NO experience, pay him that kind of salary and then they accept all of his screw ups! Enough is enough! How hard is it to schedule a game?! If he had called their AD would he not have known that it was in fact and early game considering that is what his phone call was pretaining to? Look at what has happened to the girls program in just one year. A complete 360. The girls seem to be miserable....I don't think any of them are enjoying it this year.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I am not aware of what was agreed to a year ago, but I'll fill in some details from what transpired Friday/Saturday, from a conversation I had this morning.

The call was made to our AD (also our boys basketball coach) after the boys team had left for Jackson on Friday. I was told the request was that the game be moved to 1 p.m. Our AD/coach said exactly what was reported here -- that he was on his way to Jackson and in no way could make such late changes. He confirmed that the game was at NOON.

On Saturday, Jackson is a no-show. Then, when someone was tracked down, our people were told that the Jackson team believed the game was scheduled for 6 p.m.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

On the schedule it does have 6:00 as the starting time. Everyone in Jackson knows whose screw up it was. Scheduling conflicts are a common thing in the athletic department. So, will the game be rescheduled?

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Supposed to be, but I haven't heard when. Likely a midweek game now.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Thanks Zanes for your post.

Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

It sounds to me like most of these problems in the Jackson Ath. Dept. could be resolved with the use of two handy inventions: A Calender, and a pen. :lol: :oops:

Return to “Girls Basketball”