Ironton-vs- west Lafayette Ridgewood

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Ironton-vs- west Lafayette Ridgewood

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WLR PLAYS ONE HECKUVA SCHEDULE:

http://filecabinet1.eschoolview.com/E5F ... %20cal.pdf

Pics... No heights listed but appear to have a big girl!!

http://www.ridgewood.k12.oh.us/hsGirlsBasketball.aspx

Video & written recap of game in COSHOCTON tribune.

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/story/s ... /81213444/

knightruner
JV Team

Re: Ironton-vs- west Lafayette Ridgewood

Post by knightruner »

They are the shortest team in the tournment. One big girl that is 6"1. They love to run the ball up and down the court.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The ginger haired girl in the video interview looks very tall. They have a tough schedule, if hiland is Berlin hiland they played in conference , as well as GARAWAY & others.
Lady tigers will run with them!
I guess I'll have to wait for Jim walker of the Ironton tribune for a rundown of Ironton's performance against southeastern. (Friday)
Some1 chime in!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

knightruner wrote:They are the shortest team in the tournment. One big girl that is 6"1. They love to run the ball up and down the court.
Thanks for input, though.
I can't find a roster anywhere!!!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

#40......Kaitlyn Finton..........6'1"...........Sr
#34......Morgan McDorman.....5'4"...........Sr
#14......Erin Buchanan...........5'9"..........So
#15......Rylee Young.............5'5"..........So
#5.......Audrey Tingle............5'6"..........Jr
#11......Autumn Brown...........5'11"........Jr
#12......Eliza Haynes..............5'10"........Jr

gotta run to the dentist more to come later..........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT WIN BY THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS OVER THE SPARTANS. WHERE WILL THIS NEXT GAME BE AT AND WHEN, STILL LOGAN ? AND WHAT IS THE OTHER TEAM CALLED.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH I SEE THE GENERALS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:GREAT WIN BY THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS OVER THE SPARTANS. WHERE WILL THIS NEXT GAME BE AT AND WHEN, STILL LOGAN ? AND WHAT IS THE OTHER TEAM CALLED.
do you remember the brackets I sent u.........let me try again...........

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/regionalbra ... 5109&not=4

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yes they do play in the same league as Berlin Hiland a
and Garaway. Wait till you guys see the Tingle girl she's special one of the better guards in the state. I think Ridgewood is on a mission to state.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:GREAT WIN BY THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS OVER THE SPARTANS. WHERE WILL THIS NEXT GAME BE AT AND WHEN, STILL LOGAN ? AND WHAT IS THE OTHER TEAM CALLED.

sorry, I been hit in the head a lot friend.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BubbleGum Tiger wrote:

He means that literally. Like metal in his head & throughout his body. I had to step in here, BAIT...
Can't let someone perhaps; be sarcastic with my child & neighborhood friend growing up!!!
GOTIGERSGO!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

EasternDspy wrote:Yes they do play in the same league as Berlin Hiland a
and Garaway. Wait till you guys see the Tingle girl she's special one of the better guards in the state. I think Ridgewood is on a mission to state.
That's a tough schedule & why they are rolling in the after season.

I'm not saying Ironton will win, but they can. Everyone has a special player/S at this level of tourney play.

New Albany Alexander double & triple teamed THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS standout, div.1 recruit, & the rest of the team stepped up, kept the fighting tigers rolling, until Lexie Barrier slipped thru the dbl & triple coverage for a game high 25 points & the team came together & overcame the oppositions scheme to stop this great IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER LADIES team, which they've faced THESE SCHEMES all season.

I couldn't hear who was doing the scoring as I was working, but I knew the lady fighting tigers would pull out the victory with about 4 minutes remaining.

Congrats to ALL the fighting tiger ladies on a great win & WLR on their win!

CONGRATS TO NEW ALBANY ALEXANDER FOR A GREAT CHALLENGE & season. We beat them early IN THE SEASON handily, but with their head coach being Ironton's former assistant coach a few short years ago, they played a well organized game to slow down the tigers!!!

Darn, I wanted to see Barrier play in person before she heads off to JanmeS Madison University!!! Does anyone know why she changed from Virginia Tech?

Go tigers go!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BubbleGum Tiger wrote:

He means that literally. Like metal in his head & throughout his body. I had to step in here, BAIT...
Can't let someone perhaps; be sarcastic with my child & neighborhood friend growing up!!!
GOTIGERSGO!
hey I moved here to lake white here in waverly in 2010. and I get the same kinda treatment/abuse here.=lol= if their aggravatin me , they are leaving somebody else alone. and I'm right qualified at tossin it back to em.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

just to be clear and I know you been in the deep south many moons, so you may not know this.

new Albany I think is called the golden eagles. a catholic team that is huge. ironton has played them a few times in football I think. considerably bigger than ironton now, and in a catholic league,and if memory serves me correct. they look like boston college in home uni's in football.

Albany alexander is up near Athens, trimble, Nelsonville York area. and they are the Spartans.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I just realized today I've got the Albany's confused. It's from reading the harbinger computer football point leaders & seeing New Albany Alex....
20 years in this Florida sun, after 7 years in the Michigan snow for college has me off a bit.

I'll be home soon. Still looking for that right property to retire on somewhere in the Tri-State. Hopefully the old neighborhood in Ironton. Second choice is Huntington, WV near Ritter park for last option.
Either, I'll be blessed to have &@52 it's not far off!!!
GOTIGERSGO!

Switzerland
Waterboy

Post by Switzerland »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Yes they do play in the same league as Berlin Hiland a
That's a tough schedule & why they are rolling in the after season.

I'm not saying Ironton will win, but they can. Everyone has a special player/S at this level of tourney play.

New Albany Alexander double & triple teamed THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS standout, div.1 recruit, & the rest of the team stepped up, kept the fighting tigers rolling, until Lexie Barrier slipped thru the dbl & triple coverage for a game high 25 points & the team came together & overcame the oppositions scheme to stop this great IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER LADIES team, which they've faced THESE SCHEMES all season.

I couldn't hear who was doing the scoring as I was working, but I knew the lady fighting tigers would pull out the victory with about 4 minutes remaining.

Congrats to ALL the fighting tiger ladies on a great win & WLR on their win!

CONGRATS TO NEW ALBANY ALEXANDER FOR A GREAT CHALLENGE & season. We beat them early IN THE SEASON handily, but with their head coach being Ironton's former assistant coach a few short years ago, they played a well organized game to slow down the tigers!!!

Darn, I wanted to see Barrier play in person before she heads off to JanmeS Madison University!!! Does anyone know why she changed from Virginia Tech?

Go tigers go!
Coaching changes, 3 assistants that recruited her left and good possibility head coach will be gone also.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hey Bait,

New Albany is called the Eagles, you're correct. I think they sometimes use "Golden" with the naming, like how Lancaster High School is called the "Gales" and the "Golden Gales".

I think you're confusing New Albany with Bishop Watterson, whose mascot is also the Eagles.
They have some similarities in football uniforms, check it out!

New Albany on the left, Watterson on the right.
(And yeah, they do look like Boston College!)

Bishop Watterson is the school that participates in the Catholic League; New Albany is a suburb of Columbus. Today, New Albany is a rather large school (think Logan's size, but a couple hundred more bodies). It's possible that New Albany played Ironton at one point in time because they were a Division IV/Division V size school ten years ago. But, I think Bishop Watterson is the school you're thinking of... I think they played Ironton several times.

Hope this helped ya out!

Tjhty - I enjoyed seeing "New Albany Alexander", that's a good "before and after" idea for a team name in bar trivia!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BubbleGum Tiger wrote:

your dad said he dropped u on your head by mistake.......and tell your little buddy from the neighborhood there is no sarcasm here......

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:
#40......Kaitlyn Finton..........6'1"...........Sr
#34......Morgan McDorman.....5'4"...........Sr
#14......Erin Buchanan...........5'9"..........So
#15......Rylee Young.............5'5"..........So
#5.......Audrey Tingle............5'6"..........Jr
#11......Autumn Brown...........5'11"........Jr
#12......Eliza Haynes..............5'10"........Jr
#21......Abbey Kellish............5'6"..........Fr
#22......Sadie Wilson.............5'6"..........Fr
#35......Sydney Zinkon...........5'5"..........Fr
#0....... Karlee Everhart.........5'6"..........So
#2....... Celeste Vanfossen.....5'4"..........So
#4....... Lexi Prater..............5'8"...........Fr

roster.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

will do bubbles.

and yes fcfan, ironton has played both. and you are right I realize new Albany is not in a catholic league. I may have indeed thought of Watterson when I said this. thanks for the info.

Return to “Girls Basketball”