SEOAL Predictions

TrojanHorse
Riding the Bench

SEOAL Predictions

Post by TrojanHorse »

Anyone care to predict the top teams in the SEOAL this season? I am new to the league and have not watched any of the teams play.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: SEOAL Predictions

Post by Black Panther »

I'm picking with my heart on this one.Chillicothe will win the South and as far as the North goes I will go with Logan.I want to see a Chillicothe/Logan rematch on DOC day.I believe the results will be different this year as well.Here is my predicted order of finish for both divisions.
South
1 Chillicothe
2 Jackson
3 Ironton
4 Gallia Academy
5 Portsmouth
North
1 Logan
2 Marietta
3 Warren
4 Zanesville
Last edited by Black Panther on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Question for someone that knows.How are they going to do the DOC with five teams in one division and four in the other? Will the last place team in the South be left out? Thats about the only way they could do it in my mind....

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Last I hard last place team is out a game. But does that mean all schools only schedule 19 games? Makes sense who would want to be playing in that match up. The lsoing team can feel worse and the team that wins can say we beat the last place team. Neither team wins in that situation.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

ocho stinko wrote:Last I hard last place team is out a game. But does that mean all schools only schedule 19 games? Makes sense who would want to be playing in that match up. The lsoing team can feel worse and the team that wins can say we beat the last place team. Neither team wins in that situation.

I agree,Why not just take the top two in each division and play a championship game.Do you think once Zanesville leaves after this season they will just go to one division? I hear they may move a team over from the South to the North to balance things out again...

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I have heard they wanted to move a school from the south to the north. I have heard it was Jackson they wanted to move. I would say Jackson would fight that. I think just a one team league would be the way to go.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Eight teams round robin sounds good.That would be fourteen games.That way you would only have to fill six out of conference.Six out of conference is about the right amount if you really look at it.If you keep them split with two four team divisions you would be looking at ten out of conference and thats just too many in my opinion.An AD's nightmare for sure...lol :lol:

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

With six non-conference games a coach can really make out a schedule to better their team. If the league is down and they think they can make a tourney run then they can toughen up the schedule or vice versa. Heard there is an AD meeting this week it will be interesting to see how they handle losing zanesville.

TrojanHorse
Riding the Bench

Post by TrojanHorse »

I have heard that it is Chillicothe who will move to the north division for next year. The following year (2010-11) the league will combine divisions and all teams will play each other as one division. Why don't they just do it next season?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Good question..Inquiring minds want to know...lol

Return to “Girls Basketball”