Coaching Openings

BasketballOracle
Waterboy

Coaching Openings

Post by BasketballOracle »

I know a thread was started on the boys side and it got a little off topic with speculation and non facts, but have there been any CONFIRMED coaching openings on the girls side? Seems like every year there are at least a couple.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by formerfcfan »

New Lex

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Reedsville Eastern

Spiderjon
Freshman Team

Post by Spiderjon »

Is the Eastern job really open? Hate to see Burdette leave. Good luck to him as he moves on. Guess some of the parents got what they wanted. I predict the next coach won't be as good as John.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

He isn't leaving for another job. And don't let a few bad apples ruin his legacy at Eastern. We were very grateful to have him and he turned out program into one of the best in the state of Ohio. I'm sure he felt it was time to go with his daughter excelling at Dayton and him racing. From all of us at Eastern we say thank you to him. This has to be the most wanted job openings this year

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

John Burdette is a good coach and even better man. Good luck to him in his future endeavors in addition to his daughter at UD.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Super trooper wrote:He isn't leaving for another job. And don't let a few bad apples ruin his legacy at Eastern. We were very grateful to have him and he turned out program into one of the best in the state of Ohio. I'm sure he felt it was time to go with his daughter excelling at Dayton and him racing. From all of us at Eastern we say thank you to him. This has to be the most wanted job openings this year
As a Southern fan I sure am glad to see him leave. Now we can only hope one of the daddies or mommies who were complaining about him on here will take the job so Southern can start spanking them in the next few years. Hope mommy and daddy get what they really want, which is his job so they can let little Sally start. :lol:

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan job is posted....

Live Like A Champion!
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LogangradKD wrote:Logan job is posted....
Yep saw that one coming.

AT THE RESERVATION
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Boys or girls Logan job is not listed on the OHSAA site. Have not heard anything but a one liner in the local about the Girl's job. Can anyone verify ?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Boys or girls Logan job is not listed on the OHSAA site. Have not heard anything but a one liner in the local about the Girl's job. Can anyone verify ?
I know when Lancaster had both sides open up a couple weeks ago, I was really curious as to why the girls job was posted immediately but the boys job wasn't (it later got posted within a week of the girls posting). It could be that Logan has a policy that they keep a finite window (several days, five days, ten days, however long) open for an internal candidate to apply before they post it publicly. Fret not!

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

West Union is open

mcooper
Waterboy

Post by mcooper »

Sorry to see Coach Claytor leave West Union. Good coach. Enjoyed going against him on the sidelines. Wish him well.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Surprised to see Coach Claytor leave West Union with a pretty good jv team coming up and some young girls already up playing varsity and doing well. Will the jv coach move on up to the varsity job?

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Spiderjon wrote:Is the Eastern job really open? Hate to see Burdette leave. Good luck to him as he moves on. Guess some of the parents got what they wanted. I predict the next coach won't be as good as John.
I hear that only 3 people have applied for the job and their credentials are VERY lacking!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Depending who's hired, eastern may fall back to the rest of the league a little bit

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

LogangradKD wrote:Logan job is posted....
VC's coach would be a perfect fit, him or the Athens coach, don't both have daughters playing at Logan?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'd like to see the VC coach. He still has a daughter on the carent varsity team so I don't know that he'd take it. But the Athens coaches daughter is graduating this year.

AT THE RESERVATION
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

VC coach taking both very talented daughters to VC next season.

Live Like A Champion!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

1987chieftains wrote:I'd like to see the VC coach. He still has a daughter on the carent varsity team so I don't know that he'd take it. But the Athens coaches daughter is graduating this year.
Which Athens coach are you talking about? Their new one or the one that resigned last year?

Return to “Girls Basketball”