Freshman Team

Ports. West 2008-2009

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

any word on the lady siders this year?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Ports. West 2008-2009

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Lets HOPE for a respectable season and hopefully the new coach can turn this program around!

GO SIDERS!

Siders_R_#1
Waterboy

Post by Siders_R_#1 »

First Scimmage is Thurs. Nov. 14th at home against Ripley I think.........

Come out and Support your Lady Senators basketball team!!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

The scrimage vs. Ripley was rought to watch! Ripley put it all over the Lady Siders, final was around 85-25. West needs to work on ball handling, why do the guards take it across midcourt then decide to pick up their dribble when no one is around them? When the guards do this it usually leads to a turnover! West needs to work on ball handling and learn to look up while dribbling and not pick up their dribble so much. They also made to many careless passes also, the pressbreak was HORRIBLE! Every time Ripley pressed it usually lead to a picked off pass or a Lady Sider throwing it out of bounds. BALL HANDLING AND PASSING NEEDS WORK if they are expecting to win any games this year. I hope these girls can manage a good season beacause it has been a long time since the Siders have had a solid girls team. They have alot of young players that I think could blossom into solid players if they get the right coaching and I do think Maynard is a good coach, just hope he teaches these girls right and turns this program around and makes them contend for the SOC crown in the future. Good Luck to the Lady Senators and hopefully they manage to have a repectable season.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

it sounds like another long year.just keep working change your attitude towards the game and hopefully one day it will change for the lady senators basketball

Siders_R_#1
Waterboy

Post by Siders_R_#1 »

The Lady Senators have another scimmage Saturday at the high school. Game time is at 10 a.m. They play Ironton St. Joe I think. Please come out and support our girls.

I know they had a hard time against Ripley but I think they should do better against St. Joe.... There a few bright spots that I saw in last nights game. A few girls hustled their butts off.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Yes, a bunch of the girls seemed to hustle but there was a lack of defense. Ripley had way to many easy layups. If the Lady Siders want to be good this year they need to not turn the ball over, get back on defense, and learn to break the press and learn to press a little better. I would get the girl away from man to man defense and run a zone of some sort and know the boxing out assignments and crash the defensive boards. Hopefully tomorrow morning they won't turn it over so much and hustle back and play good defense. All the girls wanted to do vs. Ripley was straight hack the other team, you cannot win by having so many fouls. When the other team gets fouled alot they get alot of opportunities at the charity stripe, and a good team will make them and make you pay for you hacking them. So Good Luck Lady Sider! Play good team ball, pass the ball well, and dont turn it over and you guys could have a repspectable season!

Return to “Girls Basketball”