Ranking the TVC-Ohio and the TVC-Hocking together ...

Sweeney Todd
Waterboy

Re: Ranking the TVC-Ohio and the TVC-Hocking together ...

Post by Sweeney Todd »

buckfever wrote:Alex was beaten by Oak Hill in the Regional finals last year in a close game. However, they did only graduate 1 player.

NOT TRUE!

Alexander was beat in the districts last year. They did not make the regionals.

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

93Bulldog wrote:I hate to rank teams anymore, but what the heck, they always make for great conversation ... :mrgreen:

#1 ... The Alexander Spartans - They are just to deep, to loaded for any team in the TVC to dethrone.

#2 ... Waterford - I haven't seen em play yet, just guessing here and going off last year and what people are saying about them this season.

#3 ... Federal Hocking - I like this team probably more than others. Dunfee and Butcher are dynamic together.

#4 ... Nelsonville-York - Kim Kline, nuff said.

#5 ... Vinton County - Yet to see them either, but I have been told they are solid.

#6 ... Meigs - Any time a Meigs team has a Wolfe playing, you need to take notice. Catie is a superb athlete and I know some of their other players were tall and athletic on the volleyball court.

#7 ... Trimble - They can truly 'bully' people around with their size, but lack of quickness and ball handling is a concern.

#8 ... Eastern - The addition of Turley makes a big difference. The Eagles could slide up the chart fairly quickly, I just am not sold on the rest of the team.

Trimble in seventh? That preposterous! I believe they tied Alexander in the preview, and will greatly improve as the season goes on. And no ball handling? Or quickness? Have you watched Trimble play?
Taylor Savage is one of the quickest on the court with great ball handling skills.
Jessi Spears and Katlyn Walton can also handle the ball well.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

After tonight's game, is this preposterous?

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Sweeney Todd wrote:
buckfever wrote:Alex was beaten by Oak Hill in the Regional finals last year in a close game. However, they did only graduate 1 player.

NOT TRUE!

Alexander was beat in the districts last year. They did not make the regionals.

My bad they lost in the District Final by 4 to Oak Hill. Need to get my story straight.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill won 48-44 in the district finals in what appeared to be football game

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

yes that was a very physical game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

i8al ... Yea, I was at the Trimble/Fed Hock game last night and I was at the preview ... Trimble is solid, I like them as a team; but, compared to teams that have players like Dunfee/Butcher - the 'cats lack quickness. I think Butcher proved that last night by dumping in 32 points. Even Dunfee, who notched 12 and Cuckler, who had 13 scored in double figures, mostly due to quickness and creating their own shots. Trimble did do a good job of staying in the game, and I would probably rank them higher than Meigs. But, they lost to Nelsonville-York and now Fed Hock and Alexander and Waterford are still out their, so at best, a 5th place ranking could be justified.

BTW ... I WILL BE AT WATERFORD TOMORROW TO TAKE IN THE ALEX-WILDCAT GAME ... After seeing Alex dismantle a 14-6 team from last season in Logan Elm, who had all their players returning but one - I would say no way Waterford beats them by 15, that is crazy! Alex is the best team I have seen thus far and ive seen 13 different teams play. Granted, I havenot seen Waterford, but I do know alex is tough!

Return to “Girls Basketball”