FalconX
JV Team

Re: Minford -vs- West

Post by FalconX »

Minford 88 - Portsmouth West 14

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ar ... inford.txt

Minford 27 29 19 13 � 88

West 2 4 5 3 � 14

Minford � McManus 7 3 17, Spriggs 3 3 9, Martin 1 1 4, Donahoe 1 2 4, Leah Butcher 1 2 5, Justice 2 0 6, Walke 1 0 2, Conrad 3 0 7, Frazee 2 1 5, Gambill 2 1 5, Harris 6 1 15, Boldman 4 0 8; TOTALS 33 15 88.

3-pointers: 7 (Martin, Butcher, Conrad, Justice (2), Harris (2)

West � Mosley 1 0 2, Irwin 1 0 2, Graf 0 5 5, White 0 0 1, Carver 1 0 2, Newman 1 0 2; TOTALS 4 6 14.

3-pointers: None

Record � Minford 2-0 (1-0); West 0-1 (0-1)
Last edited by FalconX on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Yikes! Is Minford that good and West that bad or both?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Minford is good,but as you should know being a Oak Hill fan,West's program or lack there of should be self evident here.In laymans terms they are BAD!! Dont you guys beat them just about as bad? I remember Ironton putting a beating on them a few years ago kind of like this.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

A combination of both. I would venture to say that all 12 girls played close to equal amounts and all contributed in all aspects of the game. Kudos to Coach Chaney for keeping it respectable.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Black Panther....Just so you know who I am, Oak Hill is in our newspaper coverage area of which I work for. So please don't label me as "a fan" but rather as a sportswriter. I just saw the score and was curious.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Black Panther....Just so you know who I am, Oak Hill is in our newspaper coverage area of which I work for. So please don't label me as "a fan" but rather as a sportswriter. I just saw the score and was curious.

Ok,But you are still allowed to root for your local team even if you are in the print media. ;-)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Yes Black Panther I know that, and I do root for our coverage area teams. But as a reporter, you can not — and should never — show that rooting interest at any game you cover. My job to cover the game comes first and foremost.

cashmoney
Waterboy

Post by cashmoney »

Thanks for the update Millie, Enjoy......

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Minford Millie wrote:A combination of both. I would venture to say that all 12 girls played close to equal amounts and all contributed in all aspects of the game. Kudos to Coach Chaney for keeping it respectable.

Respectable? A 74 pt win is hardly respectable. I'm not saying much could have been done because West is so bad, but to say that the coach kept it respectable is laughable. :lol:

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

I think it would have been worse for the West team had the Minford coach said to not shoot the ball and just play keep away. West was going to the lose the game but I don't think the girls would have wanted to lose that way. Good job ladies and good luck tomorow night.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Yes Black Panther I know that, and I do root for our coverage area teams. But as a reporter, you can not — and should never — show that rooting interest at any game you cover. My job to cover the game comes first and foremost.

I'm sure you dont at the games,and shouldn't,but on here I could tell you were partial to the Lady Oaks. ;-)

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

yikes! :(
that really stinks, but didn't west lose their main point guard??

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mr_player wrote:yikes! :(
that really stinks, but didn't west lose their main point guard??

Before,during,or since this game? If it's been since the season just got a little longer...

Return to “Girls Basketball”