Chillicothe 42, Jackson 20 FINAL

Black Panther
SEO

Chillicothe 42, Jackson 20 FINAL

Post by Black Panther »

Any thoughts on this game??
Last edited by Black Panther on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe @ Jackson 12/27

Post by noreply66 »

Chilli in a big way

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I hope so...I was just looking at the standings and the Zanesville team to me has done nice job so far in a (under the radar) quiet type of way.I didn't think they would be where they are at this point.They need to be taken seriously for sure...Not that they weren't, but as serious title contenders this year. Hope you had a nice holliday!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Jackson girls are improving. I would not be surprised if this were a pretty good game.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Go CAVS!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good to have you back around BuckeyeCav.

Will you be making the 30 mile trek tonight?

Chillicothe is obviously the fave (trying to get some street cred)....but the Ironladies are definately much improved from just a few weeks ago.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Chillicothe 42,Jackson 20

Post by Black Panther »

What's up with having to pay two bucks to park? Not Cool...
Last edited by Black Panther on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

As far as the game goes it was a workman like win for the Lady Cavs...A good team effort...They got in and got the job done... Congrats and Good Job!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Black Panther....Jackson is charging $2 to park for all football and girls and boys basketball games unless you have a parking pass.

I wrote a story about Jackson's athletic department finances back in the summer, which outlined why Jackson is now charging $2 to park for these events.

I will dig that up from the archives at the office and post it on here. It's easier to read that story and understand than me having to explain it here.

BTW....Chillicothe held Jackson to only seven field goals tonight and single digits in points in all four quarters.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Black Panther....Jackson is charging $2 to park for all football and girls and boys basketball games unless you have a parking pass.

I wrote a story about Jackson's athletic department finances back in the summer, which outlined why Jackson is now charging $2 to park for these events.

I will dig that up from the archives at the office and post it on here. It's easier to read that story and understand than me having to explain it here.

BTW....Chillicothe held Jackson to only seven field goals tonight and single digits in points in all four quarters.

I remember this being a subject on the football board but didn't think it would apply to basketball.I guess I was suprised more than anything else.Yes,Chillicothe plays a stingy nard nosed defensive style.They will this to a lot of teams this year.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Chillicothe 42, Jackson 20 FINAL

Post by Black Panther »

Jasmine Vinson led the Lady Cavs Varsity with 15 big points! The Lady Cavs JV notched their second straight win tonight as well.Good Job all around by both teams!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

2 dollars to park at Zanesville and 6 bucks to get in to the game. I guess that is how he boys travel in rental coaches to the games.

GO CAVS!
Riding the Bench

Post by GO CAVS! »

The Jackson Guys play at Chilly on Tuesday, maybe Chilly should charge $3 to all Jackson fans to park! this would help restore the baseball field!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Good point!!

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Black Panther if I remember correctly, the OHSAA states that you can't charge for parking for sectional, district or regional tournament games if you do not charge to park during the regular season. Jackson has the boys D3 sectional and first round of the girls D4 District.

The same is true for football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Going over the fence the next game :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They are only charging because they can't charge to park during the postseason if they don't charge during the season.

$2 to park....$1 to the athletic general fund and $1 to parking peoples' team. Girlsoys...and vice versa.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to the Lady Cavs.

Awesome defensive team and very well coached.

Jackson is better but could not get a good shot off vs the quick and well placed defense.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

BlackPanther...Here's the story that I did back in July on Jackson's athletic finances and why Jackson decided to go with a $2 parking fee.

In reference to exact dates, this appeared in our July 20 edition, three days after our (media) meeting with the Jackson City Schools administration about this.

Hope this helps and answers some questions.

By PAUL BOGGS
Sports Editor

Fans of Jackson High School sports will see a decrease, an increase, and the establishment of a parking fee for the 2008-09 academic year.

That’s because ticket prices for Jackson High School athletic events have been reduced, while the price of an athletic pass for the upcoming school year has risen.

In addition, all cars without a parking pass which park in the Jackson High School or Jackson Middle School lots will pay a fee of $2 for each varsity football and basketball home game.

New Jackson High School athletic director Bob Kight announced the change in prices during a meeting with the local media on Wednesday.

Kight, new Jackson City Schools Superintendent Phil Howard, new Jackson High School Principal Joe Hemsley and Jackson High School Athletic Department secretary Marcia Taylor met with the media to discuss the reasons for the new prices.

Howard and Kight stated that an estimated $51,500 had to be transferred from the general fund to support the expenses of the athletic fund.

Citing a copy of the Jackson High School athletic budget, obtained by The Jackson County Times-Journal, there was a deficit in the amount of $51,382.24 for the 2007-08 academic year.

For the last academic year, Jackson earned $102,931.17 in total receipts.

Total expenditures, though, added up to $154,313.41.

Contributing heavily to the deficit is the cost for transportation and bus driver trip salaries, as the district — like most others — are feeling the effects of high fuel prices.

The district spent $20,548.36 in bus driver trip salaries last year, and have projected $21,000 again for 2008-09.

However, the actual cost for transportation in 2007-08 was $13,019.40.

This year, $21,000 has been budgeted for transportation.

Howard said the district can ill-afford to transfer from the general fund to help support the expenses of the athletic fund.

“We can’t be $51,500 in the red like that,” he said. “Ultimately, it affects the quality of education in the Jackson City School district.”

Howard and Kight are also trying to steer the district clear of having to resort to a “pay-to-participate” system for extra-curricular activities.

Among the initial decisions which Kight made was to cut athletic department expenses 25-percent across the board.

On Wednesday, the new ticket and athletic pass prices were announced, in hopes of generating more revenue.

And, speaking of the main revenue sports — football and boys and girls basketball — the general admission and student prices at the gate remain the same at $5.

There is, however, pre-sale tickets this year for football and boys and girls basketball — $4 for general admission and $3 for students.

The administration recommends that fans purchase pre-sale tickets, which will be available at Jackson High School, Jackson Middle School and the Sport About in Jackson.

As for varsity volleyball, girls and boys soccer, wrestling, baseball, track and field and freshmen events, the general admission adult ticket price is $4 and students $3.

Those prices are down a dollar from a year ago.

Admission to junior high events has been raised a dollar, though, to $4 for adults and $3 for students.

It will also cost $4 for adults and $3 for students for admission into junior varsity events.

The price of athletic passes has also increased, with the passes available being a family pass, an adult pass, a student pass, and the newly-established Ironmen pass.

All of the passes cover admission into all Jackson High School and Jackson Middle School athletic events for the entire 2008-09 academic year.

A family pass is now $150, an adult pass $75 and a student pass $50.

Those are increases by $75 for a family pass, $25 for an adult pass and $15 for a student pass.

The family pass encompasses all members of the immediate family with school-age children.

The $10 Ironmen, or Senior Citizen, pass is available to all Jackson County residents with a Golden Buckeye Card.

Fans will be required to present their athletic passes in order to be admitted into each event.

The passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Two passes do remain the same in price — reserve seat passes at $25 and parking passes at $20.

Beginning on Monday, July 28, and running from Mondays thru Thursdays, reserve seats and passes will be on sale in the high school athletic office.

The reserve seats and passes can be purchased from 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. and from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.

On Thursday, July 31, the first day of two-a-day practices for the Jackson High School football team, reserve seats and passes will be on sale from noon until 8 p.m. at the high school office.

Reserve seat holders from last football season may purchase their same seats through Thursday, Aug. 14.

Beginning on Monday, Aug. 18, any seats which have not been renewed will go on sale to the general public.

As for parking, any cars without a parking pass and which park in either the Jackson High School or Jackson Middle School lots will be charged $2 for football and basketball games only.

Kight linked charging parking to that of charging parking for any Ohio High School Athletic Association-sanctioned tournament event which Jackson may host.

“If you don’t charge parking during the regular season, you can’t charge parking for tournament games,” he said. “The only way you can charge parking for playoff or tournament games is if you have charged all season.”

Kight further explained that whenever Jackson hosts an OHSAA-sanctioned tournament event, it does not keep the money from gate receipts.

The only money it can keep is from parking receipts and concession stand sales.

Which begs the fact that Jackson is indeed attempting to host OHSAA football playoff games this November.

Kight said Jackson has applied to host playoff games, as well as district soccer matches, at the 7,000-plus seat Alumni Stadium.

Alumni Stadium has hosted two playoff games in the past, in 2004 and again the following year.

Jackson has been ineligible to host the past two seasons because the athletic department — then under the direction of AD Jason Snider — did not submit an application to host, according to the OHSAA.

That despite the fact that “Jackson Holzer Field” was listed as a possible site on the OHSAA website.

Those schools which desire to host games must apply on an annual basis.

The application process is thorough, and applicants are asked about their facilities, parking, locker rooms and concessions among other things.

About halfway through the season, potential site coordinators are contacted from a list to express their desire to host.

From there, the list of possible sites is compiled.

Kight said JHS will be vigorous in “trying to host what we can.”

That includes volleyball and basketball tournament games.

In recent years, Jackson has hosted the Division IV girls basketball district tournament, as well as Division III baseball district tournament tilts.

Last basketball season, the Division III boys sectional was held at Jackson High.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I didn't notice any attempt to run the score in by Chilly. They had the starters in a tad longer than you might expect........but nothing offensive IMO.

Coach Martin has switched out all 5 players a few times the past couple of games and really not lost much. He does a nice job of playing an 8-10 girl rotation.

Return to “Girls Basketball”