North Adams v. Ironton (1-31-09)

slamdunk
Varsity

North Adams v. Ironton (1-31-09)

Post by slamdunk »

Excited that we get to play this game on Saturday! It will be one of the few games in the area tomorrow. JV game starts at 5 pm.

This should be a very good game! I got to see Ironton play this year and they are a good group. The point guard for them (#22 is her number) is a GREAT shooter. She is one of the better shooters I have seen this year. #5 for them is also a tough player. She is very smooth with her moves and has a wonderful pull up jumper.

North Adams would love to get a win here to help plead their case for a high seed in the tournament pairings on Sunday. I feel the Lady Devils deserve the #2 seed in the tourny. A win against a good team like Ironton would solidify that #2 seed for them. A loss could drop them to a #3 or #4 seed, but in my opinion, no matter what happens tomorrow, they deserve the #2 seed.

This should be a fun game to watch.

socfan
All Conference

Re: North Adams v. Ironton (1-31-09)

Post by socfan »

This is a great non-conference game for the Lady Devils. It's always nice to step out a league play and see how you match up with quality programs around the district.

This will be a tough defensive game. Rebounding and ball handling (as usual) will be the key to this game.

IMO, the higher the score goes up, the odds get better in North Adams' favor.

Hopefully there will be a great crowd at North Adams HS tomorrow night.
I know a lot of people in the area are suffering from cabin fever after this week, so come out and watch a great game and cheer on your respective team!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anyone have updates on the game???????

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Ironton won 58-33. Rough night for the Lady Devils.

#5 for the Lady Tigers (Her name escapes me) had a very nice night with 20+ points, including 16 in the first half.

North Adams' JV won, I believe the final score was 32-24.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Lady Tigers.......

#5 is Mercedes Crockrel

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Very classy coaching staff at Ironton. You have some quality folks coaching your young ladies at Ironton.

Wish NA would have put on a better performance. I was very disappointed with the effort tonight from the Lady Devils. Obviously, I don't want to take anything away from Ironton. They played very well tonight.

Good Luck to Ironton the rest of the way and in the tournament!

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Will this loss hurt North Adams in the seeding on Sunday or do you think they will still get the # 2 seed?

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

bucknut 23 wrote:Will this loss hurt North Adams in the seeding on Sunday or do you think they will still get the # 2 seed?

North Adams has the second best record in their sectional, hopefully this will translate into a #2. While they do have a couple of tough losses, North Adams does have quality wins over Ripley and Eastern Brown. It'll be interesting to see what happens this afternoon in Jackson.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I'm sure all the "analysts" will be on here tonight for all the Sectionals going over the brackets. Good luck at the drawing today.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Big physical teams like Ironton and Lynchburg will give the lady devils a lot of trouble. The Lady Devils can not rebound good enough to beat the bigger, physical teams. That being said i still like to watch them play and Beasley is still one of the best players in SE district. I look for the Lady Devils to get a #3 seed.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The Lady Devils ended up getting the #2 seed today. Good draw for North Adams!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

thebull wrote:Big physical teams like Ironton and Lynchburg will give the lady devils a lot of trouble. The Lady Devils can not rebound good enough to beat the bigger, physical teams. That being said i still like to watch them play and Beasley is still one of the best players in SE district. I look for the Lady Devils to get a #3 seed.

Bull, I think North Adams has a couple of players who can play physical but they are rarely on the court at the same time. Beasley also can play pretty physical and is one of the stronger players on the team. I also agree that she is one of the best players in the district. She can flat do it all.

Return to “Girls Basketball”