VIKING GIRLS AT SOUTH GALLIA

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

VIKING GIRLS AT SOUTH GALLIA

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Well I wasn't there, anybody care to fill me in on how the game went? I know we lost but how did the girls actually do? Any bright spots?

lvhoops
Riding the Bench

Re: VIKING GIRLS AT SOUTH GALLIA

Post by lvhoops »

Viking Grad, the Lady Vikes played two quarters of defense and shot 25% from the field. They looked good in the first quarter leading 13-11 and still looked good mid way through the second quarter, but they just got out of position on the defensive end and were down by 6 at half. We came back within four at the end of the third quarter and could not buy a basket from there on. I think the Lady Vikes are going to be okay, South Gallia played well also and has a pretty good team . They shot well all night long with four of their starters in double digits. The Lady Vikes had two in double digits (skinner, morris) with nance chiipping in nine. We need more scoring from our posts and Corn. Our girls never gave up all night and I felt played hard, but they too were disappointed in their play and know what to correct before tonight's game at Notre Dame. Good Luck Lady Vikings, work that defense like you know you can!!
:122249

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

The Lady Vikings came out on saturday looking like they were gonna clean house. I agree with lvhoops that they forgot where they were suppose to be on defense which costs them. S Gallia took advantage of those mistakes. The lady vikes were on fire when they first came out which really shook up the rebels for awhile.
I also agree our shooting was off. Some who scored the first two quarters stopped shooting the entire second half. We must have balanced scoring to be a threat or the other teams will concentrate on who is scoring.
Over all I was really impressed with the girls. BIG improvement over last year. The girls seem to have matured and with that comes confidence.

Go Lady Vikes!

Hats off to a very balanced Rebel team. Swain carries on the family tradition with lots of talent on the court!

sportsfanatic4life
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic4life »

I thought the girls played well. Its early and once they get to conference play they will be fine.

Return to “Girls Basketball”