VC's Tori Dixon hits 1000 point mark

Poo Bear
SEOP

VC's Tori Dixon hits 1000 point mark

Post by Poo Bear »

Tori reached the 1000 point mark Saturday in a hard fought loss to Greenfield. She is VC alltime leader for 3's in a game, season, and career. I believe she is the alltime assists leader in VC girls history. And she has a shot at the alltime scoring record, all this while being extremely unselfish. I believe she may have had the best career in VC history, all numbers factored in. Plus if that group all stays together they are easily the best team in VC history. Tori is a good girl and her accomplishments deserve to be recognized.Having said that VC could be really good if they box out better and take care of the ball better. The future is very bright in VC girls basketball.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: VC's Tori Dixon hits 1000 point mark

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Great job Tori.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Congrats to Tori. The points are only part of the story. All around great team player.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Congrats to Tori Dixon - she is a very good player. Also, thanks to the folks at PV for allowing the game to stop and let her Coach present her with the game ball. I was at the PV Classic on Saturday and had the pleasure to witness two young ladies (Karli Beasley) break the 1000 point mark. The PV AD waited by the scorers table during both games to make sure the refs knew to stop the game - pretty cool to see both girls recognized - pretty classy on the PV side as well!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Pete Hollon is a class act!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Congrats Tori for getting to this milestone in your career. You are a special player for sure. I can see your grand father smiling about it too. Good luck and add to the total. :122245

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Congrats Tori..maybe the mods will put this on top with Oak Hills Adkins...??

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

How come this is not an announcement sticky? Or are those only reserved for Oak Hill? However, it is ok, Tori does not need this kind of recognition. Unlike some, who just run away or boast about their own preposterous self-predilections and unrealistic and often grandiose pretentiousness; she has done nothing but come in every night with a great attitude, just played hard, and enjoyed every minute of competition. While others around her faltered, she has remain loyal to herself, her school, and her friends. She has been a great player, a wonderful teammate, and an outstanding human being. I would expect her to be modest in this recognition, after all she will probably complete her second in career points, first in three-pointers, and first in assists. Thank you for the assist Tori, by showing us all what it means to be a part of a team, something bigger than ourselves. It has been a great pleasure to watch you play these past four years.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Great post Hawkeye.

Great job through the years Tori. Record numbers are just that, numbers. Record setting people however are what are really important. You are someone very special and will be long remembered by Vinton Countians and will be special no matter where your numbers end up.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Way to go young lady!!! You are doing a great job representing your school and your county.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Congrats Tori! What a wonderful accomplishment. Obviously the 1000 point mark is special, but the assist stat, to me, speaks volumes about what you're all about as a person. Most high school athletes never make a living through professional sports or even get a college ride and follow through with it, but you are nothing short of a champion in the grind you've endured through your career. I've never had a meaningful conversation with you, but in my eyes (& the eyes of many), you've shown the most of the "Hoopsters"

Again, congratulations Tori!

So far as the "sticky" topic.....I'm empathic, to an extent, to the mods not being able to read every single thread and be consistent with the accolades for kids, but right is right......and you know the rest.

Hawkeye....your post is verbose, but dead on!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

All you have to do is send a Mod a pm, and we will take care of it.

Lets stay on topic. This thread isnt about who left, or who stayed its about Tori.

Congrats!!!!!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

OZZIEOHIO......Good post.

Congratulations to Tori, Rebecca and Karissa on all reaching the 1,000-point plateau.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Congrats on a great individual award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

congrats

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Congrats!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Congrats!!!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Despite being face guarded and seeing a box and one tonight, Tori managed to score 15 points and dished out 5 assists.

Slickrick301
Waterboy

Post by Slickrick301 »

Congrats's..

But sorry what grade is she in and what school?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

She is a senior at Vinton County High School.

Return to “Girls Basketball”