Oak Hill @ South Webster 12/7

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Total votes: 0

dimedrop4
All State

Oak Hill @ South Webster 12/7

Post by dimedrop4 »

Biggest conference test of the year for the State Runner-Up Lady Oaks Monday, as they travel to SW to take on the Lady Jeeps. Cook will obviously be the main threat for the Lady Jeeps, as I'm sure Coach Hale will focus his defense around stopping her from scoring. However, I'm sure Coach Johnson has a crucial game plan for her girls, as they will come ready to play. Lady Oaks have too many weapons though, and I see them coming out on top by at least 15. Thoughts on this matchup?

NUTS&BOLTS
Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 12/7

Post by NUTS&BOLTS »

South Webster by 10

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

south webster by a buzzer beater.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I'll take the Jeeps, but leave open the possibility Oak Hill could pull off the upset.
:-D

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Oak Hill by 27 points

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

This will be a tough game, Just hope everyone come out of it injury FREE. GOOD LUCK LADY JEEPS!!!! Ill be rooting for ALL of U GIRL!!

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Good Luck to both teams. May you have a good, injury-free game. Lady Oaks by 30.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Oak Hill by at least 25!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

What time is tip off? I'm headin' out there to support my buds, the Fenton clan.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Jv starts @ 6pm an the the Varsity starts 20min after it, but Iam not sure if the Jv's is playing a full game or just a half.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Thanx, see ya there.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Pretty sure this was the final score...

Oak Hill 70
South Webster 29

Too much talent on the Oak Hill side of things, as they had their way with the Lady Jeeps tonight. An apparent bodyslam forced Cook to be out of the game for most of the 2nd quarter. The lead just kept growing from there...

A long-time Oak Hill fan, my respect for our basketball program has nearly diminished. It wasn't classy for our fans to be cheering when one particular player makes a mistake or misses a shot (and we all know who that player was), and celebrating in the center of the court when the game was over and we had won by 40 is just not necessary. Not to mention the screaming in the locker room afterwards as well and other fans yelling "FUTURE STATE CHAMPS"...WE WON BY 40. Let's take the "W" and move on to our next opponent. I will always be an Oak fan in my heart, but I don't know how I can cheer any more than just a couple of claps when we show class like this.

Good Luck to the Lady Jeeps on the remainder of your season. Way to play hard the entire game. You girls have nothing to be ashamed of...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

dimedrop. oak hill has more talent then Webster for sure. Everybody from Webster needs to work on ball handling. you can't expect a team to score with as many turn overs as the jeeps had tonight. Oak Hills fans are there 100 percent to thats for darn sure. The oaks just shut em down and shut em down hard. only thing i can't suggest to oak hill is cut down on the fouls...

from the webster side... "YEEEAAAAHHH"

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill gets a break at center court any time they win. They clap and then say 1,2,3 TEAM, hardly big time celebrating.

You weren't in the locker room so you don't know anything that was said or screamed. They just won a big SOC game for goodness sakes. Let them enjoy it.

Sounds like most of your beef is with the fans, that is a scary bunch to turn on. :)

Anyways final was 70-31

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Not that big of an SOC game when you win by 40 is all I'm saying. Our Oaks will win the SOC for sure, I'm just saying don't make the other team feel bad when you know they didn't play well. Shake your opponents hands, tell them good game, and go the locker room and talk about the game is something I've coached to my players through the years. I have my right to an opinion, I'm not turning on any of my fellow Oak fans.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

The only thing that was classless about that game was the fact that Karissa Adkins scored her 1000 point and their coach would not allow us to stop the game to congratulate her properly like any other player that has scored their 1000 point was allowed too. I think that the fact that our program is so talented give people a lot of room to try and bad mouth us for working hard and being happy when we accomplish big goals. The Lady Oaks have broke in the center of the court after every game they have won , no matter what court they were on or by how many they won, since Doug Hale has been coach. If you were such a long time fan you would know this!!

Congrats to the Lady Oaks and Karissa Adkins for scoring her 1000 point. If we were at any other school in this league would not have happened!! But then again what class can you expect from South Webster anyways!

Clapping to support your team isn't any harm and everyone else would have done the same for their team!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

dimedrop wrote:Not that big of an SOC game when you win by 40 is all I'm saying. Our Oaks will win the SOC for sure, I'm just saying don't make the other team feel bad when you know they didn't play well. Shake your opponents hands, tell them good game, and go the locker room and talk about the game is something I've coached to my players through the years. I have my right to an opinion, I'm not turning on any of my fellow Oak fans.

If you play basketball you have to learn to roll with the punches and take the loss with class instead of bad mouthing a good program!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

dimedrop wrote:Biggest conference test of the year for the State Runner-Up Lady Oaks Monday, as they travel to SW to take on the Lady Jeeps. Cook will obviously be the main threat for the Lady Jeeps, as I'm sure Coach Hale will focus his defense around stopping her from scoring. However, I'm sure Coach Johnson has a crucial game plan for her girls, as they will come ready to play. Lady Oaks have too many weapons though, and I see them coming out on top by at least 15. Thoughts on this matchup?

And you are now saying that this wasn't a big game after Oak Hill killed them! When earlier your tune was much different!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

can you really dictate the tone of a post over the internet?

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

All I was trying to prove is that dimedrop started this thread saying how big of a game this was in the SOC until it turned out to be a blow out. I think he should check himself before he starts running his mouth! :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”