Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000th point!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000th point!

Post by PinkLady »

Congratulations to Karissa Adkins of Oak Hill on a great accomplishment!

Congrats #33!
Last edited by PinkLady on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000 point!

Post by mattash »

Congrats!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000 point!

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations!

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Re: Congrats to Karissa Adkins for her 1000th point!

Post by ActionJackson »

Congrats to Karissa! Very special student athlete at Oak Hill!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Congrats!!

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Congratulations to Karissa on a great accomplishment!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

What did you want Webster to do? Stop the game and celebrate a road team's accomplishments? That doesn't happen. I have never seen that happen. If a player receives 1000 points on the road it is to be celebrated and recognized at the next home game for that respective team.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Regulator wrote:What did you want Webster to do? Stop the game and celebrate a road team's accomplishments? That doesn't happen. I have never seen that happen. If a player receives 1000 points on the road it is to be celebrated and recognized at the next home game for that respective team.

I have seen many games where a girl has been away and still been allowed to have the time out and get the game ball! They didn't even give her the game ball at the end of the game. I think that is really mean and she should have a least got the game ball that she scored her 1000 point. Plus I am pretty sure that Kayla Cook scored her 1000 point away in Jackson and a time out was allowed to be called and she got the game ball. So don't act like it is something that doesn't normally happen!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Regulator wrote:What did you want Webster to do? Stop the game and celebrate a road team's accomplishments? That doesn't happen. I have never seen that happen. If a player receives 1000 points on the road it is to be celebrated and recognized at the next home game for that respective team.

I've seen it happen numerous times over the years.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Did coach Hale give coach Johnson and the refs a heads up that she would get the points? Did coach Hale call a time-out? It is the coach's responsiblitiy to let the refs know and then they have to use their own time-out. That is what coach Johnson did at home for Kara Cayton and at Jackson for Kayla Cook. I'm sure Johnson would not deprive a girl of such a great accomplishment.

Congrats to Karissa. She is a very talented young lady.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Webster claimed to not have to PA system to allow the announcement because coach Doug Hale did go up and let them know and called a time out. Then besides that she wasn't even allowed to have the game ball.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I have never heard of the home team giving away a game ball to an away teams opponent. That could be costly. Let's say each basketball cost $50.00 ( I am sure they are more) and 5 or 6 girls came in and scored their 1000th point on their floor. Is it the responsibility of the host school to shell out $200-$300 extra for balls that won't be returned? I would guess, a school uses a game ball more then just one game. Maybe not, but I would guess. I personally think the home team does not have a reponsibility to congratulate an away team member on an accomplishment. Yes, it is nice if they do, but it should not be a responsibility. (Now if the away team coach brings a ball and replaces it then no problem.) The team should recognize the player during their next home game.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Last year in volleyball at Oak Hill a South Webster player was going to get her 1000th kill. Webster's coach went to Oak Hill's coach and the refs before the game to let them know what would happen. She had to use her own timeout to stop the game to present the ball to the player. Webster brought a brand new ball to replace the ball that was given to the player. I know it's a different sport, but same principle. The coach should always make everyone is aware of the situation and make arrangements for the milestone. Don't put the blame on the home coach.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Congrats!!!!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Congrats to Karissa on her 1,000th point...a great student/athlete and a classy young lady!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Coach Hale will do something special for her regardless.

It just seemed really disrespectful when I have seen so many other girls get the game ball without having to bring their own and the respect that any player in that position deserves!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

PinkLady wrote:Coach Hale will do something special for her regardless.

It just seemed really disrespectful when I have seen so many other girls get the game ball without having to bring their own and the respect that any player in that position deserves!

obviously, you must be related or her mom!!! LOL!!! :-D

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Congrats to Karissa on her 1,000th point............

ImageImageImage

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Congrats on a great individual accomplishment. The most important people know your accomplishment, the fans, your family and the media. Show class and move on. Again a big congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Regulator wrote:
PinkLady wrote:Coach Hale will do something special for her regardless.

obviously, you must be related or her mom!!! LOL!!! :-D

Not her mom but good guess! ha

Return to “Girls Basketball”