12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

OVC1999
Waterboy

12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Post by OVC1999 »

12/21 the Oaks travel to South Point to take on the Pointers. This should be one of the best games on any court all season. Thoughts?

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Re: 12/21 Oak Hill vs. South Point: Who's Winning?

Post by Safetyman »

I agree 100%. This will be the best matchup all season. If everyone is heathly, im going with the pointers. Good luck ladies.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

This will be a repeat of the Regional final game and it will be a GREAT one. Obviously, I am going with the Lady Oaks by 5.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Get there early this is going to be like a boys game or even a small college game.Only standing room more than likely

GO POINTERS

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

It wont be as close as last year. OH by 15+. To much experience and depth coming back for the Lady Oaks.

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

I wouldn't be too sure of that. South Point only lost one girl, and is back stronger than ever. I'm going with the Pointers by 3.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

The Lady Oaks return ALL of the girls that played in the state championship game last year!!

Lady Oaks by 20

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

100% Lady Oaks. Far too many weapons for the Pointers. We just have to play smart and avoid mistakes on the court.

OAK HILL BY 19*

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I'll take the Oaks in this one by 20+. I have seen both play this year an Oak Hill has a deeper bench, an IMO their best all around player dont even start #40 Caudil (sp)
Last edited by SENDEM on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

SENDEM wrote:I'll take the Oaks in this one by 20+. I have seen both play this year an Oak Hill has a deeper bench, an IMO there best all around player dont even start #40 Caudil (sp)

I agree and she is only a Sophomore.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

This will be the best game in Southern Ohio this year. These two teams are very good!! This game will come down to these things: 1)Discipline=Will South Point be able to keep their heads in the game, can get frustrated if things aren't going totally there way. 2)Press= Will Oak Hill be able to press South Point=No!!!! Their guard play is the best in the area!!! 3) Will South point be able to handle the "bigs" of Oak Hill?? No!!!
4) Foul trouble!!!!!!b 5) Officiating-South Point and the OVC does not have assigners!! The School, itself hires officials!!! Be careful Oak Hill :evil:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Blaming the refs already oaks?.........SP has the potential.........And I believe this will propel SP to greatness.......We Believe!! This is the Year!! You wait for this opportunity once in a life time, and this IS IT!!!!!!! Pointers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... :12224

TheChesterfieldKing
Riding the Bench

Post by TheChesterfieldKing »

Oaks by 19? 20? - Man - PLEASE keep underestimating South Point...just motivation for our girls. abuck said it best...This IS the moment and it IS OUR HOUSE! Don't even start about the refs...hey, we didn't like some of the calls made up there, but that's the way they see it and there is nothing that can be done about it...it is what it is. Let them play and leave it on the court. These are BOTH GREAT TEAMS. Let's just have a good, clean, fair game and no matter who wins or loses let them all come out of the game injury free. I think that both of these teams will go DEEP into tournament this year!! And whomever said this will be an SRO crowd...I have no doubt. Pointer Gym will be ROCKIN!!!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Buckeye84 wrote:
SENDEM wrote:I'll take the Oaks in this one by 20+. I have seen both play this year an Oak Hill has a deeper bench, an IMO there best all around player dont even start #40 Caudil (sp)

I agree and she is only a Sophomore.

I agree that she should be starting, complete insanity that she doesn't!!

I think that this will be a good game but still take Oak Hill by 15.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

What player did SP lose? If its the one i'm thinking of.. she was the best player they had...

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

South Point lost ericka leighty.Yes she was a good player but not the best player on South Points team

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Nah, didn't lose their best player....Ericka was good, but their best players Tinesha, Jaylyn , Allison , Ashley and who was that other one....Oh yea, KAYLA FLETCHER!!!......They're ALL back!!....And only one of these is a Senior...............Gonna be a good game is an understatement...............Go POINTERS!!...................... :12224

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

SP is better than you Oak Hill fans think .. Just saw them the other night at Ashland ... you think we'll get in foul trouble bc of your bigs? you're rudely mistaken ... Ashland has a girl thats 6'2 who has signed to a division 1 school in Carolina ... she fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game, Tinesha holds her own with anyone in this area ... This will no doubt about it be a dog fight in front of a ton of people but SP is for real this year ... team speed is beyond the fastest ive ever seen .... Undoubtedly Oak Hill is good, but do they have the guards? When SP pressed in Lancaster last year it gave Oak Hill fits.

I'll take the Pointers by 3

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Referee calls are big. Ashland's big girl fouling out was huge. Ashland pretty much had control as long as the big girl was in in the game. 17 fouls on Ashland and 10 on Ashland according to Herald-Dispatch. South Point is loaded and so is Oak Hill. Should be a great game.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Championship wrote:SP is better than you Oak Hill fans think .. Just saw them the other night at Ashland ... you think we'll get in foul trouble bc of your bigs? you're rudely mistaken ... Ashland has a girl thats 6'2 who has signed to a division 1 school in Carolina ... she fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game, Tinesha holds her own with anyone in this area ... This will no doubt about it be a dog fight in front of a ton of people but SP is for real this year ... team speed is beyond the fastest ive ever seen .... Undoubtedly Oak Hill is good, but do they have the guards? When SP pressed in Lancaster last year it gave Oak Hill fits.

I'll take the Pointers by 3

What game were you watching last year? the only thing that gave the Oaks fits was them not boxing out in the first 5 minutes which led to SP's 11 point lead. After that and a timeout from Oak Hill the game changed drastically.

Return to “Girls Basketball”