South Webster vs Minford 12/10

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

South Webster vs Minford 12/10

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Best game to watch Thursday night would have to be between South Webster and Minford. Have to work so whoever goes, keep us posted.

dimedrop4
All State

Re: South Webster vs Minford 12/10

Post by dimedrop4 »

Webster needs to rebound off a tough loss to Oak Hill Monday. Coach Johnson should have her team back and ready to go Thursday. I'll say Lady Jeeps by 12. Good luck to both teams...

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

SW should win this match up.

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Definitely going with Minford. Let's go Lady Falcons.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

after watching the 40 point loss, Webster needs to find someone who can handle the ball besides Cook before they do some serious winning. the turnovers from the Messer girl on point last night were ridiculous.
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

If the Jeeps can forget about the Monday loss and move forward, they win against Minford. I predict 8-10 pt win. It wasn't just one player turning the ball over on Monday. Can't really say anyone played a good game. But that game is the past, can't change it. Take care of business against the Falcons. Good luck Lady Jeeps!!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Webster has been out of sink for the last 2 game an needed to get back on track! If they come out an play like I know they can I'll take the LADY JEEPS by 10+, but if not it could be along night again. I will be rooting for U GIRLS til the END, no matter what happens ;-)

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

I have seen them both play and if Minford can contain Cook and get some open shots for Justice than I pick Minford by 3.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I dont think that Minford has the size or the speed to contain her, like Oak Hill has, But time will only tell still Going with THE LADY JEEPS!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

If cook can drop 30 points I'll take the jeeps. havn't seen minford yet so i don't know what to expect out of them as far as defense/offense.

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

Agree with Lady Oaks Fan, if Minford can contain Cook, you wont stop her but you have to limit her opportunities and make other girls step up then Minford can win! Right now SW has the common problem most teams with one tough player has, someone else has to step up..Minford needs to become more aggressive and get Justice some more looks, more pick and roll plays to allow her to get the ball to open shooters....GO LADY FALCONS!!!!

AAU Scout
Waterboy

Post by AAU Scout »

Swanker Pine wrote:after watching the 40 point loss, Webster needs to find someone who can handle the ball besides Cook before they do some serious winning. the turnovers from the Messer girl on point last night were ridiculous.

The Messer girl did very well considering she is only a freshman. There was alot of pressure on her. I'm sure she learned alot from that game and will improve tremendously from it. She will be an asset to the South Webster team.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

I think that this game will be pretty even. Cook will lead the way and Webster wins by 8

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

This should be a close game. Good luck to both teams but I am rooting for the Lady Falcons.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Rooting for the Lady Falcons...but Cook will probably be too much.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

From what I have seen, i'll take Minford by 7 ...

101-FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 101-FALCON »

I agree with everything falconfan86 said. I'm taking the lady falcons.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

AAU Scout wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:after watching the 40 point loss, Webster needs to find someone who can handle the ball besides Cook before they do some serious winning. the turnovers from the Messer girl on point last night were ridiculous.

The Messer girl did very well considering she is only a freshman. There was alot of pressure on her. I'm sure she learned alot from that game and will improve tremendously from it. She will be an asset to the South Webster team.

If Johnson puts her at point like she did against oak hill pretty regularly this season, i agree, she will develop into a good ball handler and be a true asset in a couple seasons. IMO if the game is 2-5 points from the lead, let Cook take the ball all day. This is the first season she's had in a while without anyone to fall back on and it shows. I'll take the jeeps in this match up but someone is going to have to step up.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Final Minford 58 Jeeps 55

Minford wins on a buzzer beater 3 by a sub. good game all around. 4th quarter Cook turned it up and took it to the house multiple times. She was fouled on a three pointer and sank 3 foul shots to tie it up.

1.5 seconds left. Websters ball on minfords end. Bri Rawlins throws a touchdown to the other end and it goes out of bounds untouched. Minford ball under the basket. Kicks it out and Kendra Justice drained it. I'm Disappointed but thats the way it goes sometimes. Coach Johnson will have them working harder than ever after this loss.

from the Webster side "YEEEEAAAHHH"

edit: fixed the "someone"
nice shot on her part.
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cook
Waterboy

Post by The Cook »

Kendra Justice is the one who "Drained it". What a shot!!!!! 3 pointer at that!!!! Entire team looked great. Great job!

Return to “Girls Basketball”