North Adams @ Eastern Brown

boomer633
Varsity

North Adams @ Eastern Brown

Post by boomer633 »

North Adams picked up a huge win last night as they knocked off Eastern Brown at Eastern 62-54. Great game with multiple lead changes. North Adams did a great job on defense and did not get rattled as Eastern went ahead by 6 in the 4th quarter. Congratulations to the players and especially to the coaching staff as they had a great gameplan and kept the players focused. Was also one of the biggest and loudest crowds that I have ever seen at a high school girls game. Both teams played hard and the rematch should be another epic struggle.

shljunkie
Varsity

Re: North Adams @ Eastern Brown

Post by shljunkie »

look for NA girls to have a great season....maybe even win a gold ball.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Way to early to start talking Gold ball or even winning the league. Lot of tough games left. Fayetteville, Lynchburgh twice, Peebles at Ripley and of course Eastern again. Not to mention the rest of the league. Good luck Lady Devils stay focused.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Thebulls right. One game at a time. Time now to focus on West Union.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

boomer633 wrote:Thebulls right. One game at a time. Time now to focus on West Union.

I agree, one game at a time. Teams that slip up and lose a game that they shouldn't are the ones that look ahead to what could happen and not the task at hand.

thebull wrote:Way to early to start talking Gold ball or even winning the league. Lot of tough games left. Fayetteville, Lynchburgh twice, Peebles at Ripley and of course Eastern again. Not to mention the rest of the league. Good luck Lady Devils stay focused.

Good points as well. Ripley is always tough at their place, Lynchburg is always tough period, Fayetteville is right up there with some of the top big school teams, and the rematch with Eastern is going to be a great one. So lots of tough games coming up! Is winning the Gold Ball possible for this team? YOU BET!! The talent and unity of this team is something to behold. As a NA fan, I am looking forward to one of the most exciting seasons ever! GO LADY DEVILS!!!! Keep up the great work!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

One final note on this. I found it interesting that the C103 broadcasters (one in particular) didn't think North Adams players were big enough nor strong enough to match the Eastern's 2 main post players. I wonder if he had a change of mind after watching the game and seeing the North Adams players hold them to 8 points combined.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I am sure he didn't. He is a pretty big Eastern fan. Our girls did a good job of using their quickness to offset the size disadvantage. On another note is it just me or is Chuck Gill not the best play by play announcer in high school basketball.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

thebull wrote:I am sure he didn't. He is a pretty big Eastern fan. Our girls did a good job of using their quickness to offset the size disadvantage. On another note is it just me or is Chuck Gill not the best play by play announcer in high school basketball.

Chuck is the MAN!!!! I love him announcing the starting lineups at games too. He does a great job!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Chuck does a great job. There did seem to be a bit of bias from his partner though. North Adams may not be as tall but they have players that can play physical. I didn't see any of them getting pushed around much last Thursday.

Return to “Girls Basketball”