Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

thoughts? predictions?

Burg by a lot.

drrabbit
All State

Re: South Webster @ Wheelersburg 12/14

Post by drrabbit »

Swanker Pine wrote:Burg by a lot.

You don't think your Jeeps are any good this year? What an odd prediction from someone from South Webster! If you truly think what you wrote, I would suggest that you watch your team at least once. No team with Kayla Cook on it is going to be beat by 'a lot.'

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

No disrespect meant but being beat 70-31 is getting beat by alot. It can be done.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Dont see the Lady Jeeps pullin this one out either...hate to say it....Burg by 10+...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

drrabbit wrote:

You don't think your Jeeps are any good this year? What an odd prediction from someone from South Webster! If you truly think what you wrote, I would suggest that you watch your team at least once. No team with Kayla Cook on it is going to be beat by 'a lot.'

i agree with d-rabbit. webster will not just lay down and let the burg walk all over them and kayla cook will make sure of that. i look for this to be a excellant game. no prediction from this pirate fan

here is somethin interestin. kayla is ranked number 90 on espnu top 100

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncw/recruiti ... 2fespnu100

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

I heard a couple of the girls off Webster's team quit. Is there any truth to this?

good luck Lady Pirates! i see you guys pulling this one out in a close one. defense is key.

greengiant
Waterboy

Post by greengiant »

I also heard some girls quit. Webster needs to get it together. Coach Johnson needs to wake up and play the girls that can get the job done without 100 turnovers a game. I think the freshman are going to be great players but putting a freshman on point instead fo Cook is just plain STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck jeeps and play hard.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

After Cook, Messer, a freshman, is the best ball handler on the varsity team. That is something they are lacking on varsity but have in the jv. The Jeeps will be fine, let Coach Johnson coach because she has an extremely good track record.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

drrabbit wrote:

they already proved that when they got beat by 39 points.

I've missed 1 game this year and bring the thunder with me when i go.

and i will say this, until they get their heads out of there A$$' they will continue to get beat.

southwebsterfan
Waterboy

Post by southwebsterfan »

Wheelersburg is no Oak Hill, I think no one will even come close to beating Oak Hill. Have you watch these girl's, don't worry every one in the SOC will get to take there beating by alot.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Heard that Rawlins and Hadsell have quit the team. That's a big blow to Webster because Rawlins was the 2nd best player on the team, the best post player, and 2nd leading scorer, and Hadsell was a good defensive player. Hope these girls can pull everything together and finish the season well.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Oak Hill is in a class by itself this year. One can hardly count them as a high school-caliber team.

As a Wheelersburg fan, I wouldn't mind a big win but it is a tough prediction from a South Webster fan. I knew that South Webster would miss Erin Sherman's height this year and the effect of having a second big scorer. There are times when any basketball player, no matter how good, is going to struggle. In the end it is a team sport.

But someone is still underrating the Jeeps. Minford barely beat them and, while my bias leads me to think that Wheelersburg may be a little better than Minford, that does not translate into a blowout--even if someone has quit the team. If Kayla quits, let me know and I may change my opinion then. Until then, she is capable of being a difference maker.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

I understand where Swanker Pride is coming from to an extent. They are going to get beat this year, no way around that. But they aren't going to get blown out every game. And I agree that having a freshman bring the ball up the court when you have Cook is simply outrageous. Messer would be a good ball handler if she had two right hands. Yes, playing her will get some experience under her belt, but there is the offseason to work on getting a better left hand. I don't think its worth sacrificing games over. Cook just doesn't have the team surrounding her that she used to, and with Rawlins quitting that really hurt as it just makes the team younger and more inexperienced.

Burg by 10.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Haven't seen the Burg play but if they have anything at all, should beat jeeps by 15. Stop Cook and you stop the Jeeps. JMO

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

I have never in my life seen a high school athlete hustle like Cook. There are a few other players in the SOCII if the had half Kaylas heart and hustle they would be a 1000 times better! She makes Pete Rose look like a slacker!!!! She need to quiting putting all the presure on herself and pass some of the burden onto her team mates. And speaking as a Mother, I am afraid shes going to get hurt from trying so hard. I look forward heading to the burg to tonight, SW pulls off the upset by 5.

12hoops
Waterboy

Post by 12hoops »

27-27 at half Webster is playin' ok it could be better... Keep it up jeeps!!!

12hoops
Waterboy

Post by 12hoops »

Cooke has 19 points and is playin great a couple turnovers but playin like normal outstanding game for Kayla Cooke...queen has 11 and and is playin well also...Webster is playin like a team...keep your heads up lady jeeps!!!!

12hoops
Waterboy

Post by 12hoops »

Webster 43 burg 41 starting the fourth Cooke with 21...

12hoops
Waterboy

Post by 12hoops »

Webster playin like a team!!! 59-47 Webster!!!! Queen with 17 and Cooke with 31!!

12hoops
Waterboy

Post by 12hoops »

65- 54 Webster Queen with 19 and Cooke with 33!!!! Excellent play by the lady jeeps and good luck the rest of the season!!!!! Keep your heads up and keep fighting!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”