Chillicothe 35 @ Marietta 65

mhs95_06
S

Chillicothe 35 @ Marietta 65

Post by mhs95_06 »

Chillicothe 8 14 6 7 -- 35
Marietta. 9 23 18 15 -- 65

Marietta's best defensive performance so far. Their fouls were cut down to 15(7 1st half, 8 2nd half), compared to Chilli's 20, and only one was in the act of shooting, so Chilli only shot 6 free throws(2/6), with the four of them coming on Chilli's three one and bonus attempts. On the other hand Marietta shot 28 free throws on Chilli's 20 fouls(19/28). This foul performance after 27 fouls and 38 Waterford free throws in the last contest, and 14 first half fouls in the opener vs. Gallia.

LeAnne Ross led Marietta with 25 points while Monique Lee led Cilli with 12. The story of the game was the 19 minutes after the 1st quarter break when Marietta outscored Chilli 49-22. Elizabeth Stoll's 6 points in the 2nd quarter were big. Without them and 4 from another non-starter, Grosel, it would have been a tie game at half, and maybe a whole different story.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe 35 @ Marietta 65

Post by noreply66 »

wow ---30 points

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Only see a couple names mentioned here but it was a total team effort again. Another solid outing. Wally's kids are playing well also. Congrats to all the coaches and kids. Keep playin hard and keep the roll a goin ! Chilli has a good team and shouldnt be taken lightly.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Yes, I think that 30 point win over Chilli was more impressive than the 30 point win over Gallia and the 18 point win over Waterford. I agree that it was a total team effort and rather than mention all names, the three I did I thought were particularly worthy, and the fact that two of them were non-starters further adds credence to it being a whole team effort. Those two non-starters, as well as Mary Beth Schramm who scored 4 points in the 2nd quarter also, when the game controlling advantage was gained, did well during that critical time in the game. Note that Stoll was tied for 2nd leading scorer with 8 points in the game with Paige Lamb, but I thought the noteworthy thing was that the six big ones were in the 2nd quarter. And of course the defense, which was the best part of the game, was a team effort as defense usually is. Take Lauren Ross who scored 5 points, all in the 4th quarter when the outcome was already decided, I think her biggest contribution was all the balls she knocked loose on defense to be picked up by others early in the game. With how well the Tigers played, I'm more concerned that they'll be able to garner a victory when they go to Chillicothe, than when they go to Gallia and the new school, and they won at home by 30 against both teams.

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

I couldn't agree more about how crucial the wins "at home" will be!! That being said...awesome job, Lady Tigers! Keep it rollin'! :)

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Looks like my scoring was a little off as I got a few baskets credited to the wrong players:

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

You forgot the Vice President of Basketball Operations Terry Wallis

Lady Tiger jv's looking strong!

can't wait for the DENTON VS WALLIS MATCHUP

Return to “Girls Basketball”