Peebles @ North Adams

hoopin
Freshman Team

Peebles @ North Adams

Post by hoopin »

Thoughts?? I'll take NA by 12. Fite and Beasley will be too much to handle.

the_truth_23
Waterboy

Re: Peebles @ North Adams

Post by the_truth_23 »

the lady indians have been playing good and pulling off strong victories so i expect them to pull another one off... besides my girl shaylin M. is gonna beast it up on the floor. she knows that you have to go into a game knowing that you are gonna win!!! go red!!!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Lady Indians are playing better but i will still take the Lady Devils by 6.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The Lady Devils are playing extremely well right now! I look for their pressure defense to be way too much for Peebles to handle. NA by 15.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Pressure defense and depth will be the difference. North Adams by 10

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

Things are looking good for Lady Indians they won 1st 2 games tonight.

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

halftime NA up bye 1

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

boomer633 wrote:North Adams by 10

That a way boomer!!! :)

The Lady Devils played the worst game of the season by far and still won by 10. NA will take it for sure even though it wasn't pretty for them. A win is a win. 6 and 0.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Purely a shot in the dark on my prediction. I actually thought the margin might be more but credit the Lady Indians. They hung in the game and never gave up. Emily Hoop and the other girl who's name escapes me had stellar games and I thought Peebles as a whole played an intense game. Very good effort on part of the Lady Indians.
On the other side congrats to the Lady Devils. They overcame early foul trouble for Fite and Beasley. Pertuset and Sparks came up big in the first half and kept the Devils ahead with Fite and Beasley on the bench. Good job by Beasley in the 2nd half. Sparks got player of the game and it was well deserved as she had an outstanding all round game.
Finally congratulations to Coach Davis on reaching 100 wins in his coaching career.
We may well see a repeat of this game in the McDonalds tournament.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Slamdunk, it's always so funny when a team is predicted to win by a large margin and then doesn't that people want to say "they played the worse game they've ever played". The Lady Indians really didn't play all that well either, way too many turnovers, failing to rebound, etc....yet still kept it close and gave NA all they wanted.
I second the congrats to Coach Davis!!!
Good wins by the 7th grade and JV lady Indians!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Just being honest. They didn't play very well at all. The defense was not as good as it has been all year and offensively, they seemed to be just one step behind the whole game. But it happens through the process of a 20 game season. The key is to turn it around and play better the next game. And it seems too that the really good teams can pull out wins despite not playing that well, which the Lady Devils were able to do last night.

The Lady Indians deserve credit for playing so hard and keeping the game close. Good Luck to them the rest of the season!

letemplay
Waterboy

Post by letemplay »

Would like to thank boomer for giving the Lady Indians credit for playing a good hard game and never giving up. The girls seem to be getting to know each other and playing better together each game. The Lady Devils do have more depth this year and had several girls step up and play well last night when needed. I do hope that these two teams get to face each other in the Holiday Tournament as I think it will make for an interesting game. As for slamdunk it doesn't surprise me that he would have to make EXCUSES for the score being so close, I'm surprised he didn't make an EXCUSE of that the only reason the Indians won the 7th grade game and the J.V. game is because the Devils got screwed or something, guess like he said " the really good teams can pull out wins despite".

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

letemplay wrote:Would like to thank boomer for giving the Lady Indians credit for playing a good hard game and never giving up. The girls seem to be getting to know each other and playing better together each game. The Lady Devils do have more depth this year and had several girls step up and play well last night when needed. I do hope that these two teams get to face each other in the Holiday Tournament as I think it will make for an interesting game. As for slamdunk it doesn't surprise me that he would have to make EXCUSES for the score being so close, I'm surprised he didn't make an EXCUSE of that the only reason the Indians won the 7th grade game and the J.V. game is because the Devils got screwed or something, guess like he said " the really good teams can pull out wins despite".

Once again, it would be nice if you knew what you were talking about! I think I had to set you straight on another topic that you didn't know anything about! Not making EXCUSES for anything!!! Just stating FACTS!! NA didn't play well last night, but was still able to pull it out. The comment I meant about the really good teams pulling out wins despite not playing well was for just that NOT PLAYING WELL nothing else!!!

By the way, I did give the Lady Indians credit for playing a good hard game in my last post. I know reading can be tough sometimes. Keep trying and you'll get it!!

Finally, making excuses for losing because of poor officiating is for another group of people (I think we all know who that is) not ME. Whether it was or not, you need to find ways to get better and things that could have caused the loss other than the officials to help the team get better.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

So who/what was to blame for the outcome of this game-PHS playing over their head, NA playing subpar or the dreaded 3rd choice (the REFS)?

letemplay
Waterboy

Post by letemplay »

First of all slamdunk, I love how YOU seem to be the ONLY person who ALWAYS "knows what they are talking about" and even tho there was a gym full of people at the game last night, YOU are the ONE with the FACTS! (talk about silly!!! HAHAHA) Second of all, you DID NOT set me straight on any other topic as I simply stated THE FACTS as they were told directly to me from the N.A. players, parents and fans as to how they felt last year!!! Last but not least, as to your smarta_ _ comment to whether or not I can read, I have read and reread your post and you clearly state and I quote " The Lady Indians deserve credit for playing so hard and keeping the game close." End of quote!!! Not once did you mention that the Lady Indians played a GOOD HARD GAME!!! It would be nice if you could refrain from getting on here and telling myself and others that we "NEVER KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!"

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

letemplay,

You believe what you want because it seems you do that any way no matter what. Bottom line is the Lady Devils got the win and remains undefeated on the season. PERIOD Guess that is all that needed to be said in the first place because we wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

GO LADY DEVILS!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”