Fort Frye Girls Basketball

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye Girls Basketball

Post by EasternDspy »

This years team is loaded they started 3 Freshman on last years 18-5 District team.Losing only Sr in Ashley Okey.Sammie Hanson 6-1 returns after missing all season last year with a torn ACL.She might be the teams best player.Also FF Jv 18-0 and Fort Frye 8th 14-0. Starters Lacey Huck Sr,Taylor Bucanhon So,Deidra Combs So, Morgan Leidtke So, and Sammie Hanson Jr... Bench- Sara Biehl Jr,Brook Borich Fr,Bailey Thieman Fr,Mckayla Hupp So,Ali Lawerence So, Emily Tornes So, Lexi Huck So, Shawntell Parsons Fr,and Keirsta Denton So.

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Re: Fort Frye Girls Basketball

Post by thebearupthere34 »

this team will be fun to watch for several years, this is a powerhouse ball club.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This team has everything post,perimeter,depth,speed,and defense.This team will be getting a lot of attention.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

They are Div 3 correct?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

There is a chance this group of girls will be very special.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

where is fort frye ?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

D3 team located in Beverly about 30 mins from Marietta on the Muskingum River.Located one mile from Waterford HS.They lost at districts to Tusky last season.Team will only get better and has only one SR.Megan Leidtke is in 8th grade 6-1 and will end up being the best of the group.

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

I had the pleasure of coaching Combs and Buchanan for two years, both are great kids! I wish them both the best of luck.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

How do they matchup against Garaway?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am not sure what Garaway has??

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

Have all of the Bardall's graduated yet? HAHA!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

MARKLANE DID YOU COACH THEM IN AAU?

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

footballfanatic1 wrote:MARKLANE DID YOU COACH THEM IN AAU?
Yes.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

EasternDspy wrote:I am not sure what Garaway has??

Then you don't know that until someone is able to get past Garaway's low tempo game then no one else will win this district.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has the talent to beat anyone in district...Fort Frye is one year away from state bound.About this years team its going to be hard for a girls team to matchup with FF.They are big and fast.No local teams going to have 3 or 4 great defenders.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has the talent to beat anyone in district...Fort Frye is one year away from state bound.About this years team its going to be hard for a girls team to matchup with FF.They are big and fast.No local teams going to have 3 or 4 great defenders.
I would disagree with the last statement.
Also FF will have to upgrade their non-conference schedule considerably because the PVC will not get you ready to play some of the better teams you will see in District Finals or Regionals.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

You can always tell the teams and fans that haven't been around to see some of the better teams in the districts and regionals. I am not saying that Fort Frye won't have one of those teams this year or next but I would just wait just a little and let some of their play do the talking first.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

Great group of girls that have been working hard for many years. A coaches dream to have all of them at once. Good Luck.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye played a defensive style last year, so one can assume they'll be as ready for Garaway as anybody would be.

easterndistrictspy is well known for his optimistic and bold predictions; this team will be deep and fast and expects a lot of itself.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Why not? Let's pour on the high expectations and the pressure for this group of girls to succeed. When they don't and people start laying into them and their lack of success, I hope that Kapono is here to defend his cheerleading, and his overhyping of a bunch high school girls.

Again, if I were a parent of one of these girls, I would not be real happy about the hype that is being thrown around about my sophomore or freshman daughter.

I guess that some people never learn. You would have thought after the hype machine got shot full of holes during football season, he'd tone it down, guess not.

I guess it reminds me of the old joke, "What do a balloon and losing your virginity have in common?"

"One little prick and it's all over". One loss that should have been an overwhelming triumph according to the hypemaster, and "it's all over"................

Return to “Girls Basketball”