Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

JJ Huddle Div III Rankings

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Division III
1. Oak Hill (5-0) DNP; Previous: 2
2. Fort Frye (4-0) beat Waterford 49-43; Previous: 3
3. Middletown Madison (7-1) beat Carlisle 58-36; Previous: 5
4. Columbus Africentric (4-2) beat Briggs 86-30; beat Columbus South 84-12; Previous: 6
5. Anna (6-1) lost Tippecanoe 63-64, beat Houston 65-60, beat Riverside 74-33; Previous: 1
6. Elyria Catholic (7-0) beat Chanel 66-27, beat Cleve Central Catholic 66-26; Previous: 7
7. Defiance Tinora (4-0) beat Ayersville 56-29; Previous: 8
8. Liberty Benton (5-1) beat Ottawa Glandorf 39-34, beat Pandora Gilboa 48-45; Previous: 10
9. Orrville (3-2) lost West Holmes 53-62, lost Mansfield Senior 52-58; Previous: 4
10. Ironton (4-1) beat Ashland Blazer 56-43; Previous: NR

New: Ironton (4-1) beat Ashland Blazer (56-43)
Dropped Out: Richwood North Union
On the Bubble: Richwood North Union (6-1) lost St. Francis DeSales 52-55, beat River Valley 60-47; Smithville (4-2) beat Norwayne

Keep it up Lady Oaks!!!!!!! Congrats To Ironton who moved into the top 10.

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Re: JJ Huddle Div III Rankings

Post by BASKET_WEAVER8675309 »

This post has peaked my interest in the Oak Hill/Ironton game. Have read a bit about the Elswick kid for Ironton but not a lot about any one Lady Oak. Team must be well rounded.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Look for Alexander to start moving towards this list. With their big win against Pickerington last week and a big win over South Point tonight they are doing a great job.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Congratulations Lady Oaks!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye 2nd in the state that's cool.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The only thing that I can say, is if it comes from the puddle, who gives a rat's posterior? Those money grubbing morons, why should anyone care what they have to say over there.

Polls provoke conversation and controversy, that's it. And that is the beauty of HS basketball, everyone gets to the post season, and then things get decided on the court, not by a bunch of bloggers, or media types.

I put alot more weight into PFloyd's opinion than the punks over on the Puddle.

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Tell us how u really feel Steely Dan. lol As for the media part, it makes athletes feel energized when they see someone appreciates their hard work. I will agree with u on one point, it settled in March on the hardwoods around the state and finally in Columbus.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Steely Dan wrote:The only thing that I can say, is if it comes from the puddle, who gives a rat's posterior? Those money grubbing morons, why should anyone care what they have to say over there.

Polls provoke conversation and controversy, that's it. And that is the beauty of HS basketball, everyone gets to the post season, and then things get decided on the court, not by a bunch of bloggers, or media types.

I am sorry that my congratulating my home team which contains a family member that is more like my baby sister upset you. I will try to be more considerate in the future of your feelings. No, not really. and my momma always says, if ya cant say nothing nice, dont say nothing at all. I wish i could follow that too.

LETS GO LADY OAKS, and good luck to all of our area teams.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OCF - One - you didn't upset me, and two, I certainly was not dissing you for congratulating your team and your relative. My negative comments were directed at the puddle. They are the reason the majority of the long time posters on Preps are here, having been run through the ringer by the jerks who run that website.

If it makes you feel good that a bunch of people who don't give a crap about the kids in SEO put together a poll (and again, their opinions, which are meaningless) and rank your team #1, that's great, but at this juncture, it is like getting a beautifully wrapped present for Christmas and you open it up, and it is nothing but an empty box. In other words, polls are hollow, and don't mean squat.

Like I said in my prior post, I'd put alot more weight into someone's opinion who knows something about SEO basketball, like Pfloyd. I'm not the only one on here who really doesn't like to see anything from the Puddle mentioned here. You go try to post a link on the puddle to anything on Preps and they will delete your post, and suspend your posting privileges. Try it.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

steely dan: the huddle's poll comes from the Ohio Girls Basketball Report which is better than actually coming from the huddle. Tom Jenkins of the OGBR actually does know about most of the teams in the state and is more knowledgeable about basketball than most of the people voting for the AP poll.

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Does PFloyd do a Girls poll? I have read the one for the boys.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Steely Dan wrote:The only thing that I can say, is if it comes from the puddle, who gives a rat's posterior? Those money grubbing morons, why should anyone care what they have to say over there.
Thanks for the laugh, Steely.

But, Fort Frye is #2, so I have to completely disagree with you. This is a pretty good poll that I wholeheartedly endorse.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Anything that comes from the Puddle is trash!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MightyOaksFan wrote:steely dan: the huddle's poll comes from the Ohio Girls Basketball Report which is better than actually coming from the huddle. Tom Jenkins of the OGBR actually does know about most of the teams in the state and is more knowledgeable about basketball than most of the people voting for the AP poll.

Then I guess it aint the Puddles poll is it?
Is this poll from the Puddle itself or is it from OGBR?

polls are just that and shouldn't be taken to seriously...Polls don't matter come tourny time.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I am not a huge fan of polls either, Harry Truman was said, "what if Moses took a poll when he was in the desert"

, but anytime southeastern Ohio can be represented in any poll it is worth mentioning.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

DOESNT MATTER WHERE IT CAME FROM ....OAKS ARE STILL #1...

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

footballfanatic1 wrote:DOESNT MATTER WHERE IT CAME FROM ....OAKS ARE STILL #1...
FOR NOW.......better enjoy it while it last

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Oak hill number one. Way to go Lady Oaks. Yes i am from Oak Hill and we have a very good talented team. We have so much talent on varsity and when you been state runnerup a few times it helps. The Oak Hill-Ironton game will be a very great game Oak Hill players said they can't wait to play. One of our players wanted to play but i don't think she will get to with her injured ankle. We not only have a wonderful varsity but a wonderful JV team and 8th grade girls team has some talent so i think you will see Oak Hill in the rankings if not in post season at least for a few years. GO Ladies keep up the wonderful job.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

efarns wrote:
Thanks for the laugh, Steely.

But, Fort Frye is #2, so I have to completely disagree with you. This is a pretty good poll that I wholeheartedly endorse.
I hope you know that this next comment is tongue-in-cheek from me, "I hope that this poll makes you feel warm and fuzzy come Christmas morning". :roll: :lol: :122245

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Polls & "puddle" mean about the same thing to me. NOTHING! Although it is always good to see SEO teams mentioned where they will be seen state wide. Go SEO.

Return to “Girls Basketball”