DIV Reg.Final: 03-12, Harvest Prep vs. Eastern (Meigs)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

DIV Reg.Final: 03-12, Harvest Prep vs. Eastern (Meigs)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I watched both games this evening. It's the first time seeing these teams this year and I'm impressed with Eastern's youth, especially Burdette. For being a freshman she's got the little drop step, can dribble drive and penetrate with body agility ahead of her years and uses the left hand a lot when needed (most girls don't do this as much as the boys). Good looking team as a whole with only 2 seniors I believe and they compliment each other well. Harvest Prep on the other hand was down at halftime by 2 and won it going away in the second half. The only way I see Eastern being able to hang with them is to play man up defense because they like to get up and down the floor,spread the floor and get fancy with acrobatic moves to the glass when penetrating. Take a couple of charges and that will slow them down. They don't run a high-low as many teams do but they prefer to rub off picks and get not running jumpers for the most part but stationary wide open set shots. The big Watts girl (center) can't jump a lick and is slow but if you let her shoot from that 8-10 foot perimeter she'll kill you. Mansfield St. Peter picked their poison tonight and were successful in the first half by letting Prep take 3 pointer's which they weren't hitting with people in their face. In the second half, Prep turned up the intensity with fast breaks and lay-ups to get the lead, then when St. Peter's tightened up the defense in the box and sagged, they could start shooting 3's again but this time with nobody guarding them. That was the death knell because after they hit about 3 of those in the second half the game was over. My prediction is if Eastern tries to run with them, Prep wins by 20 plus. If Eastern can slow the game down a bit and run more sets with good rebounding they can make a game of it. They had too many fouls tonight against Waterford with an up and down helter skelter game and if they get a couple player's in foul trouble as they did tonight Prep will overwhelm them with sheer bench numbers alone. I wish the Eagles good luck but I see this turning out: Harvest Prep 68 Eastern 57. :(

KingJames
JV Team

Re: DIV Reg.Final: 03-12, Harvest Prep vs. Eastern (Meigs)

Post by KingJames »

Prep wasnt what I expected them to be. That being said I still think they will beat Eastern but not by the number that most people would think. I think 10-15 would be the spread

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BTW: Harvest Prep also handed Eastern Brown (Oak Hill's DIII Regional Final opponent on Saturday) one of their losses this year.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Eastern by making the regional finals you have had a great season. congratulations. now with that said thanks for coming you are in for quite a thumping. To big to fast to deep. the best girls coach in the state. prep is lacking nothing.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

clbbig wrote: To big to fast to deep. the best girls coach in the state. prep is lacking nothing.
Except maybe a few vowels.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

So this will be the only game at pickerington on Saturday?

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Anything can happen, that's why they play the game.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good luck Eastern!

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

I hope none of the players read this stuff.

If so, go play the game. It's a one game deal, it's not a best of seven series. All you have to do is beat them one time for 32-minutes. As for the people not giving you a chance, think of all people who were told they'd never walk again that are walking, the doctors told them they didn't have a chance either. People are beating cancer and other illnesses. Everyday people are "beating the odds", ask yourselves, why not us?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

clbbig wrote: To big to fast to deep. the best girls coach in the state. prep is lacking nothing.
Based on the pending outcome of the OHSAA investigation of this school, this statement made need to have one revision (besides the spelling corrections). Change "coach" to "recruiter"....... :shock: :122245

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

NO THAT WOULD NEVEEEEEER HAPPEN .....LOL

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Play Harvest Prep a Holgate style of basketball.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Good Luck Eastern, From Tomcat Country

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Eastern is good... but they need to pray that HP has a VERY off night. With that said, I'll take Harvest Prep by 20. :? Sorry, Lady Eagles... Accept the beating you take and be proud of how far you've gotten. And in a few years when you're graduated, seniors, or juniors--Harvest Prep will get stripped of their State Championship and we'll all wonder, "what might've been.." :roll:

Great Season, Eagles. My heart is with you... and I'm praying the HP bus gets a flat tire..

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

It's a tall task but the game isn't over before it's played. Play it one possesion at a time, take care of the ball, limit your fouls,and pound the boards. I believe in the Lady Eagles and I'll take them in the win......

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If Penn State can hold Wisconsin to under 40 points and win (Big Ten Tournament) - then so can the Eagles ... I have seen definitly seen and heard of stranger things happening ... But one thing is for sure - if you don't think you are going to win - your not!

Good luck Lady Eagles.

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

Game time

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

harvest20 eastern 15 end of 1st

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

33 19 halftime

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

THIS GAME WOULD BE ALOT CLOSER IF THE REFS HAD NOT RODE THE BUS IN WITH HARVEST PREP. Lets go Lady Eagles" get r done"

Return to “Girls Basketball”