Beverly Maxon Reedsville Eastern 12
Kaitlin Pottmeyer Waterford 11
Taylor Duncan South Gallia 12

COACH OF THE YEAR John Burdette Reedsville Eastern

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Re: ALL DISTRICT 13 TEAM

Post by pitt87fan »

Congrats to all the girls, looks like a really good team.

Special shout out to Erica Dawson, quite a year for your first year of varsity.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Is this official?

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Congradulations Nikki Elswick on division III CO-POY w/ Oak Hills Breanna Butler. Great job girls. I personally was surprised that this wasn't the same for the AP Team.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

sportygrl wrote:Congradulations Nikki Elswick on division III CO-POY w/ Oak Hills Breanna Butler. Great job girls. I personally was surprised that this wasn't the same for the AP Team.

I'm not surprised... I thought Lakin Caudill was very deserving...

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Oakie from Muskogee wrote:
sportygrl wrote:Congradulations Nikki Elswick on division III CO-POY w/ Oak Hills Breanna Butler. Great job girls. I personally was surprised that this wasn't the same for the AP Team.

Agreed. Also I find it mind blowing Mikie Strite wasnt anywhere on this list.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:

Agreed. Also I find it mind blowing Mikie Strite wasnt anywhere on this list.

Yeah how does that happen??? Serious question, what is the a limit to how many girls from the same team can be 1st, 2nd teams and special mention????

If there is a limit, which there prob is, its a shame because she belongs on that list no matter the limititations!

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

I know that Elswick deserved the poll. I didnt want to say this but I am now.. name a girl that averages 20 ppg, and lets look @ her blocked shots, rebounds, assists and steals; while she is being triple and double teamed? You guys want only the OH girls to get the glory. I am so glad you OH fans weren't the ones voting. There are other deserving players and teams. Again congrads to the fine talent EARNING this poll.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

sportygrl wrote:I know that Elswick deserved the poll. I didnt want to say this but I am now.. name a girl that averages 20 ppg, and lets look @ her blocked shots, rebounds, assists and steals; while she is being triple and double teamed? You guys want only the OH girls to get the glory. I am so glad you OH fans weren't the ones voting. There are other deserving players and teams. Again congrads to the fine talent EARNING this poll.

Not getting into this discussion with you mommy... but... you take any 4 or 5 of oak hill's top players and put them on a lesser team, and make them the focal point of the offense and they put up just as good numbers as anyone around. The oak hill girls themselves though have goals and they aren't individual awards or scoring a certain number of points per game. Its about winning, end of story.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

You are sure a classy piece of work. I am so glad we don't have to hear you next year!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

She wouldn't have been Co-player of the year if she wasn't the North-South representative. The north-south representative is automatically player of the year and then they share it with whoever gets the most votes.

I am pretty sure everyone would have gotten on here and congratulated her on making player of the year and then you had to make a comment.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

She hasn't needed your support this far; so I'm sure she'll be fine the rest of the way baby. I didn't know anything about only one player being representative for the North-South; but since OH is so advid about pointing it out to me. Thank you! I congradulated both POYs and the other fine talent on the poll listing. Whoever you are with your comments, MOMMY; get over yourselves. Nikki, go represent Ironton well. Make your home team proud.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Nikki Elswick on division III CO-POY and Alex Taylor for being selected 2nd Team.

Great job Ladies.........

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

MightyOaksFan wrote:She wouldn't have been Co-player of the year if she wasn't the North-South representative. The north-south representative is automatically player of the year and then they share it with whoever gets the most votes.

I am pretty sure everyone would have gotten on here and congratulated her on making player of the year and then you had to make a comment.

How goofy are you? How do you think she made the North-South Representative? She was selected by a commitee that obviously looked at her overall performance. So; being selected out of countless aps. that they received would be quite an honor. I am sorry that your OH player had to share this with someone from Ironton; but I did congradulate both girls on their achievment along with the rest of the list. The green eyed devil rears his head high out 93. So sorry you guys feel the way you do.
To all girls on your placement on the two polls: What a tremendous year that you all have had! Do not pay attention to the people that like to get on here and tear it down. Each player is great in his or her own play style. That is what puts you on top.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Instead of continuing to bring your daughter down, I will send you a PM to explain the process to you.

You are correct she was selected to represent us as a North/South player. I congratulate her on this and wish her nothing but the best as I have countless times this year.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

sportygrl hopefully MOF was able to explain the process to you and you are able to understand it. You are all that is wrong with high school sports any more. It used to be all about the team to parents. Now it is all about my kid (tunnel vision). Oak Hills players get everything they deserve. I think you could take the remaining girls that made all district and put them on a team and they still could not beat the Oak Hill girls. I am glad Nikki got POY I cheered for her but you are blowing it for her. I just wonder what you are going to say to the coach next year when she has to set the bench. Will it be the coaches fault. I am sure the coach won't know what she is doing. Again Good luck to your daughter she was on a good team with a great coach that put her in the best position possible to sucessful.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

birdman wrote:sportygrl hopefully MOF was able to explain the process to you and you are able to understand it. You are all that is wrong with high school sports any more. It used to be all about the team to parents. Now it is all about my kid (tunnel vision). Oak Hills players get everything they deserve. I think you could take the remaining girls that made all district and put them on a team and they still could not beat the Oak Hill girls. I am glad Nikki got POY I cheered for her but you are blowing it for her. I just wonder what you are going to say to the coach next year when she has to set the bench. Will it be the coaches fault. I am sure the coach won't know what she is doing. Again Good luck to your daughter she was on a good team with a great coach that put her in the best position possible to sucessful.
So now we are not to compliment the players that earn awards; because I did compliment all the girls. This thread was only for OH fans to complain about players being omitted from the list or not being listed the way they wanted. Well, all coaches from district 13 vote for their players and each coach has to do their voting behind that; so I am sure that more than Ironton's Coach voted for Nikki, Breanna and right on down the line. Coach Graham nominated her yes. But the rest of the coaches had to give their input on the players performances as well. If I am all that is wrong with sports then you have alot to wake up to. Nikki will be a freshman next yr. and I am sure her coaches will play to win. If that means Nikki on the bench or Nikki starting or simply getting playing time. Her coach will do what is best for her team. We have obviously made some since or we wouldn't be leaving this subject and looking into next year. Nik's graduating so she will not be a factor for your girls next season. Good luck!

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

sportygrl wrote:
birdman wrote:sportygrl hopefully MOF was able to explain the process to you and you are able to understand it. You are all that is wrong with high school sports any more. It used to be all about the team to parents. Now it is all about my kid (tunnel vision). Oak Hills players get everything they deserve. I think you could take the remaining girls that made all district and put them on a team and they still could not beat the Oak Hill girls. I am glad Nikki got POY I cheered for her but you are blowing it for her. I just wonder what you are going to say to the coach next year when she has to set the bench. Will it be the coaches fault. I am sure the coach won't know what she is doing. Again Good luck to your daughter she was on a good team with a great coach that put her in the best position possible to sucessful.
So now we are not to compliment the players that earn awards; because I did compliment all the girls. This thread was only for OH fans to complain about players being omitted from the list or not being listed the way they wanted. Well, all coaches from district 13 vote for their players and each coach has to do their voting behind that; so I am sure that more than Ironton's Coach voted for Nikki, Breanna and right on down the line. Coach Graham nominated her yes. But the rest of the coaches had to give their input on the players performances as well. If I am all that is wrong with sports then you have alot to wake up to. Nikki will be a freshman next yr. and I am sure her coaches will play to win. If that means Nikki on the bench or Nikki starting or simply getting playing time. Her coach will do what is best for her team. We have obviously made some since or we wouldn't be leaving this subject and looking into next year. Nik's graduating so she will not be a factor for your girls next season. Good luck!

Actually she wasn't a factor when she played against us this year.... :122249

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

sportygrl wrote:

Actually she wasn't a factor when she played against us this year.... :122249
Now remind me again. Is it me or you that has tunnel vision? Because I plainly remember the OH/ Ironton thread saying that if you shut Elswick down you shut down Ironton. Thank you for proving to everyone that it is you and not I that keeps putting the I in team. Ironton had a young team other than Elswick or Taylor. I think our group of kids played hard and gave their best. Our girls didn't have that opportune of being on a well rounded team yr. after yr.. You guys have had the opportunity to have talent return yr. after yr. to build off from. Maybe you don't see it as being a factor but you take her out of the game and maybe it would've been a lil' less of a challenge for your girls. So you won that game and that game was several ago so now are we reaching backwards to draw thorns. OK Nikki, mom is so proud of you baby. You deserve the honor and God knows you have earned it. It is BS that I cannot get on here and congradulate the whole lot that earned it; but since it is a crime and I am evidentally tearing away at your team and the rest of the girls by doing so. Here is your lone congradulations because the OH people said that was the way I had to do it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

T not D

Return to “Girls Basketball”