TVC Preview - Friday, Nov. 16 @ Nelsonville-York

90buckeye
Varsity

TVC Preview - Friday, Nov. 16 @ Nelsonville-York

Post by 90buckeye »

TVC Varsity Girls Basketball Preview will be held on Friday, November 16 at Nelsonville-York HS. First game will begin at 5:00 PM. Schedule with match ups will be posted soon.

bettis
Varsity

Re: TVC Preview - Friday, Nov. 16 @ Nelsonville-York

Post by bettis »

Do we know the lineup yet of the games?

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

Southern plays NY

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Wellston vs. Eastern- 5 pm
Meigs vs. Miller- 5:45
VC vs. Fed Hock- 6:30
Alex vs. S.G.- 7:15
Athens vs. Belpre 8:00
NY vs. Southern 8:45

TVC Ohio Teams are home teams

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

New this year is the TVC Junior Varsity Girls Preview. It will be held on the same night in the middle school gymnasium.

5:00 NY vs Meigs
5:45 Wellston vs Eastern
6:30 Alexander vs South Gallia
7:15 Athens vs Vinton County

Game times are set so that fans can see both games.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern 35
Wellston 10

Meigs beat miller I can't remember the score

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Any Score updates?

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

NY 36
Southern 8

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Alexander 27
South gallia 19

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ALL THE SCORES AND INFO is on the home page of the TVC web site ...... http://trivalleyconference.com/

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Scores in a Preview does not mean a thing. I thought it was rediculous that Ahtens pressed Belpre the entire time...what's the point? Most coaches try to play everyone and do very little the would during the regular season.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I would think coaches would get more out of a scrimmage then these previews. They really seem a waste.

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

greatone wrote:I would think coaches would get more out of a scrimmage then these previews. They really seem a waste.
I agree. I only coached one year in the conference, but thought the TVC Preview was a waste. I think the schools would be better off to get a scrimmage that may benefit the team more (competitiveness, style of play, etc.). Also, as mentioned above, most coaches probably aren't trying to show anything to the entire league in one night. We weren't very good and I don't think anyone worried about us enough to come scout us but I certainly wasn't going to make it easy for anyone. I took 15 girls, randomly mixed up three groups of five, subbed them in and out every so often and told them to go play. Obviously, there is still some concentration on the basics like defensive positioning, rotations, rebounding, etc., but that's about it.

In addition you're looking at two quarters at a preview versus four quarters (or more) for a scrimmage. Scrimmages can be scheduled with more than one other team to provide a variety of different "looks" as well.

Another thought would be to have a preview like we had up here in Muskingum Co. We no longer have the preview, but it was set up as the MVL vs. MSL (at the time was basically a bunch of schools from Licking Co.). Maybe the TVC Ohio could get a conference with schools similar in size (maybe the PVC?) to participate and the TVC Hocking could find smaller schools to bring teams in and compete as well.

I understand that an organization used the event as a fundraiser? Why not have a large "mega scrimmage", make it an all day event and draw teams from all over? Run two or more courts at once, teams play a 20-minute period against an opponent (running clock except the last 2 minutes) and then rotate to play another opponent. With four to eight teams, you could probably rotate through twice.

Return to “Girls Basketball”