Eastern (22-4) vs Newark Catholic (24-2) - March 9th

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Re: Eastern (22-4) vs Newark Catholic (24-2) - March 9th

Post by Pointing Falcon »

Congrats to Coach Burdette and his Lady Eagles from the Lady Falcons!

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Get to go to the court where the Buckeyes play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WHAT A GAME!!!

I'LL HAVE PICTURES UP HERE IN A BIT.

CONGRATS LADY EAGLES!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to the Eastern Eagles - on to C'bus and the Final Four - awesome accomplishment by the young ladies ... wishing you the best from the boys side of the SEOPs basketball forums ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOVE THAT POST FLOYD!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Eastern plays Berlin Hiland on Friday at 1:00 at the Schott.

MeigsCountyGuy
Waterboy

Post by MeigsCountyGuy »

Congrats ladies!!! Final 4 bound

Jenna absolutely played her heart out. Dayton is lucky to have you heading their way!

gobucks85
Waterboy

Post by gobucks85 »

How many she finish with

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

The most important thing about the foul called with 3.4 sec left was it moved the ball the length of the floor, getting it out from under the basket that NC was putting heavy pressure on in a bid to score the game winning basket. 3.4 sec left is right in the borderline area where it would be better to miss the FT on purpose to get the clock rolling. If I am not mistaken, the game ended with NC still having two TOs left. Maybe the NC coach should have spent less time on animated complaining about the calls, and more time developing some strategy for the last 3.4 secs that would have given his team a much better shot at pulling out the game than they got. With the non-shooting 4 Eastern players back at half court, maybe he should have had them call TO as soon as they got the rebound, or betteryet if they could have kept Burdette at bay, let the rebound roll out of bounds. Either way then they may have been able to get a pass to half court and get a TO with more than 1.5 sec left, and then they would have 5 sec on the side to make a pass to get a decent shot for the win.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:All this Newark Catholic talk and yet not one mention of all of the student/Athletes that have transferred out of the school. Amazing.

:lol:

Maybe they transferred out as what was promised when they were recruited didn't pan out! lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mhs95

The girl who rebounded the basketball I think thought it went in or something ... she was right in front of me - and I swear she was about to take steps out of bounds (which would have been traveling) ... the 2nd girl yelled at her and she threw her the ball - but with 3.4 seconds - that was it ... just that split second hesitation cost them a last second shot attempt.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sid Farkus wrote:Are you really complaining about the officiating and you're not even there?
No I was not. I was relaying the message to guys on the radio was conveying to the listeners. As I said Eastern deserved to win the game as they sounded like the better team, but as you said I was not there. :oops:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

mhs95_06 wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:All this Newark Catholic talk and yet not one mention of all of the student/Athletes that have transferred out of the school. Amazing.

:lol:

Maybe they transferred out as what was promised when they were recruited didn't pan out! lol
Recruiting that is funny. When Hiland spanks Eastern I am sure there will be a reason for it.

Eastern sounded like the better team last night and deserved to win.

bwalker
Riding the Bench

Post by bwalker »

Symmes Valley would like to gove Big congrats to the Lady Eagles and Coach Burdette! Go get it and bring one home to Southern Ohio.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Team and coaches - great job last night and congratulations on your victory and continuing season. JMHO, it time to bring on the full game, release all stops.

In the stream of this thread:

The urban area "privates" definitely have a talent advantage and that is why they dominate in state level final four appearance regardless of the sport. This advantage exist with no regard to recruiting, these sports programs, like that at NC, have plenty of gravity on local sports talent.

I was disappointed with the refs last night. Bad calls both ways. To me the Eagles, at times, seemed to be battling a great opponent and "the stripes". I thought NC was using an illegal screen up top all night long. I don't think they ever where called for it.

Again congratulations to both teams on your great 2012-13 BB seasons!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Give Burdette the ball and get out of the way. Someone else is going to have to step up big time if we want to win the next one. Hands down the most exciting girls game I have ever watched. Newark is the real deal and I anticipate a very heated rematch next season

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Yes NC,Berlin Highland will be another great test.They used to be in our region.Did NC have them moved to another region?Here is to coach Burdett and the schedule he put in place for the year.Looking at it now,played two of final four teams division III,state champ Huntington st joe,Waterford,Jackson,Warren,Sycamore and now NC.Berlin is always a quality team,but looks like the Eagles are not too shabby!!!GO EAGLES.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Burdette was awesome last night, that lady carried her team all night long.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Burdette was awesome last night, that lady carried her team all night long.
Yes she was. I can't believe she was only co-player of the year in D4 SE District.

Return to “Girls Basketball”