District 14 Awards????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

District 14 Awards????

Post by Ironman92 »

What the heck?

Greenfield star Shania Massie was selected as the D3 POY....but was second team? Lol what?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: District 14 Awards????

Post by Ironman92 »

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

On what planet does Hall from South Webster not make the first team? I thought this was the all district not the all SOC1?

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

WOW!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

justthefacts wrote:On what planet does Hall from South Webster not make the first team? I thought this was the all district not the all SOC1?
Coaches are sometimes dirty....I've witnessed it first hand.

Congrats to everyone that was selected on all teams.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Ironman92 wrote:What the heck?

Greenfield star Shania Massie was selected as the D3 POY....but was second team? Lol what?
Last edited by Onthefence on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Congrats to Pell . She is a great choice. And congrat to Easterns coach King. Awesome job with only 7 girls.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

justthefacts wrote:

South Webster star Hall finished second in POY voting but not on the 1st team. D4???? Come on coaches
Cox of Fairfield got hosed as well.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

The voting is a bit crazy. To not be voted on first team a lot of coaches had to completely leave Massie off of their ballots, which is insane. Based on the way the first team and other teams look, looks like the SVC coaches just voted their kids on the team. The teams really have an SVC flavor to them.

It is almost like they threw stats out of the window, I understand team record may play some roll into it but to me it shouldnt be that large of a factor. Sometimes good players dont have much help around them.

It was good to see that they got that they voted Peighton Williams onto first team although her team didnt have many wins. She averaged over 20 a night. With that same token it appears that Natasha Barr of West Union got slighted, she was averaging 17 a game and barely makes 3rd team.

On the D4 front Cox and Hall got slighted thats for sure. No way Heather Cox isnt a first teamer, her numbers were as good as anyones.

As always politics always play too much in these votings. Everyone needs to remember it is about the kids and that is it!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Wow, what a shame. SMH

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

justthefacts wrote:

South Webster star Hall finished second in POY voting but not on the 1st team. D4???? Come on coaches

Thats what i was talking about in the other thread. The best players should get the awards. Period.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

After I saw one league's coaches band together to keep Torie Leader off of last year's D III First Team I realized that all-district teams mean absolutely nothing.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

There is a lot I would love to say about the DIV District team. Congrats to those who were selected by these coaches.

I feel for the Cox girl from Fairfield, and the Hall girl from South Webster. If it helps, both of these girls are on my 1st team all-district team. I thought both would be in the running for POY.

Now, I think all credibility with the coaches voting process has been lost. How is a girl voted POY in an entire District, and yet doesn't receive the votes necessary for 1st team All-District? POY still stands for Player of the Year, right? So the coaches voted, agreed that she was the best in the District, then 10 minutes later found 5 other players they believed were better and put those 5 on 1st team?

I'm really baffled!!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree TP. First, congrats to the girls that made a team. But second, wow, i just don't get it. I feel bad for the girls that deserved to be there also, and adults got in the way. Its the kids doing the playing on the court to earn the awards, its a shame.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

3 of the 5 first team were from SOC1. You vote for mine I'll vote for yours. Classy.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yeah, i know. and none from the top D4 team in socII? who beat soc1's clay and eastern at their places by double digits, makes sense to me.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

transplant wrote:Yeah, i know. and none from the top D4 team in socII? who beat soc1's clay and eastern at their places by double digits, makes sense to me.
Not just by double digits, SW won both games by 20+ points. And for the only DIV team in the SOCII, to finish the regular season with a 17-3 record, 11-3 in league play, and not get one player on 1st team all-district is just sad.

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Can someone post halls stats for the year?

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

I heard in D4 that five players were nominated for POY and two did not make 1st Team. Voters were told anyone who did not make 1st Team could not be voted POY

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

With the way the voting system is for the coaches associations' teams, results like these are not — and should not be — a shock anymore, although it is absolutely wrong.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

Return to “Girls Basketball”