2017-18 SOC1 Thoughts/Predictions

mattash
Site Admin

2017-18 SOC1 Thoughts/Predictions

Post by mattash »

Keep the topics going, what is everyone returning and what is everyone's 2018 outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
80sballer
Waterboy

Re: 2017-18 SOC1 Thoughts/Predictions

Post by 80sballer »

Season is almost here. With very little to go on besides what I saw last year, and seniors that were lost and returning players I would think something like this:

Glenwood
Clay
ND
Symmes
Western
Eastern
Green
East

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

This division should to be fairly deep considering the small size of the schools in it. The top 4 you have there should all be very competitive. It's hard to take Notre Dame off the top spot. They lost a very good player or two but have a freshman guard coming in that will be as good as any. I believe New Boston/Glenwood had a couple players from East move in to there District and already had a nice team. Clay's junior class is loaded with talent and they also have a couple very good underclassmen. After watching Symmes Valley in the summer I think they will be good too. I haven't seen or heard much about the the Pike County teams and I agree that Green and East will be at the bottom of the division this season. Some of these schools also have (or will have) new coaches, so it is hard to make a prediction at this point.

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

Which teams have new coaches, I know Carpenter is still here at SV

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

I am guessing New Boston coming out on top this year with ND or Clay as the #2 spot. New Boston gained some talent and ND has a lot of good returners and gaining a good guard. Clay has all their talent returning although they are young they have a few ballers in the sophomore and junior class.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern Pike has a new coach, Lisa Mounts has taken over for the lady Eagles.

GO EAGLES
Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Clay has a new coach. Former Clemson player, Sthefany Thomas will be coaching the Panthers.

Return to “Girls Basketball”