D3 in South Central/Eastern Ohio

SCOH
Riding the Bench

D3 in South Central/Eastern Ohio

Post by SCOH »

From the scrimmages I have been to, seen the majority of the Districts top D3 schools, other than SE Ross, Lynchburg (the teams that made it to District Championships last year) but have seen North Adams, Ironton, Alexander, Eastern Brown, Fairland, Wheelersburg, Minford (believe all made the District Semi's or sectional Title games (could be wrong a couple) Coal Grove I believe could be in that District title mix also. Nelsonville York with Jesse Addis could also make that run again (but haven't caught them yet)

Seems that we cant put any stock in November scrimmages as far as who will make it, as Eastern Brown lost to Lynchburg all 2016 summer and SE Ross beat them and Alexander and they was the lone standing Team in the Final Four from our area so don't get too excited yet. Several teams look good, but IMO the team whose Bench is playing the best come Feb/March will be the one that gets to the Regionals. Bench play so far has been sporadic to me, mostly due to youth and inexperience off the bench. Could be a competitive season, as I seen no truly dominant team. If I had to pick one team that looked and sounded (info from other coaches who has played them) primed and ready it looked to be Fairland, they just seem clicking and playing well together.

But we have a long journey to March, sure several of these teams get it worked out. Good Luck and look forward to catching a lot of games.

Return to “Girls Basketball”